PDA

View Full Version : Scared

CigarSquid
01-20-2012, 06:47 AM
Do any of you get scared/worried to try a new cigar that you have been wanting to try and have heard good things about it?

Example, for me.

I have been wanting to try a Padron. I have had them in the humi for 3+ months. I want to smoke one. I don't want to do it on the weekday, as I am not fully relaxed and I want to enjoy this cigar.

However, when the weekend comes, I get cold feet to pull it out. I am nervous that I will not like it or I may 'mess' it up.

I have heard so many great things on these cigars. It is like, way to much pressure on me to smoke it. That is how I feel.

:confused::sh

Blak Smyth
01-20-2012, 06:49 AM
Smoke it!
I was the same way, until I had been saving a cigar all year to be my Xmas stick, and when I smoked it I was dissapointed.
Don't build up expectations on sticks you have not yet tried, I know it is hard not to.
We all have different tastes so what many people may love you may not.
Smoke it now, and then decide if you want more, is it worth the hype!

kelmac07
01-20-2012, 06:49 AM
Man up and torch that bad boy. :D

CigarSquid
01-20-2012, 06:52 AM
I will have to being myself to it this weekend.. Maybe even for a morning smoke. I have done it with other cigars as well.

I try not.. but it seems to happen.

Chainsaw13
01-20-2012, 06:53 AM
Man up and torch that bad boy. :D

:tpd:

BlkDrew
01-20-2012, 06:55 AM
send it to me, i will smoke it and give you a review. :D

Subvet642
01-20-2012, 06:58 AM
Sometimes we build things up in our minds such that reality simply cannot compete. I suppose that it's easier to do with something that's consumed, like a cigar, 'cause it's kind of a one shot deal. I have some Viaje Late Harvest toros that I feel that way about. I need to get over that.

CigarSquid
01-20-2012, 07:02 AM
I hate it.. I always say, this weekend I will.. Yet, months have gone by.

icehog3
01-20-2012, 07:14 AM
Chill, Brother Garry....it's just a cigar. ;)

They are supposed to relax you, ya know? :r

CigarSquid
01-20-2012, 07:16 AM
They do. Or I try to find a 'special' day/event to smoke for.. That doesn't work for me either.

irratebass
01-20-2012, 07:26 AM
I'm with Shane, just smoke it. I waited till this past Xmas eve to try the Face and I very disappointed. I'm hoping the Walfman doesn't disappoint, not smoking that one till this Halloween, but with others I usually just wait 2-3 months for them to rest then smoke them.

Blak Smyth
01-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Sometimes we build things up in our minds such that reality simply cannot compete. I suppose that it's easier to do with something that's consumed, like a cigar, 'cause it's kind of a one shot deal. I have some Viaje Late Harvest toros that I feel that way about. I need to get over that.

:tu

hotreds
01-20-2012, 07:46 AM
no

CigarNut
01-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Chill, Brother Garry....it's just a cigar. ;)

They are supposed to relax you, ya know? :r

goomer
01-20-2012, 07:54 AM
Man up and torch that bad boy.

ApexAZ
01-20-2012, 10:11 AM
The Padron's I've had have been good, but not something I would rave about.

Big Maduro
01-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Just smoke it. Padrons are pretty good. If you don't like it....so what. No ones going to revoke your cigar smoking card. Cigar taste are a very personal thing.

Taki
01-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Come on Gary....Light that baby up other wise I will find you and :gary then Ill take it and smoke it!!! :tu

cobra03
01-20-2012, 10:51 AM
I look at it this way . If i wanted to collect crap to put in a cabinet and stare at id start buying disney figurines. Cigars are for smoking. Just think god forbid if you step out in front of a bus tomorrow whos gonna smoke those tasty cigars?

tsolomon
01-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Just smoke it. You're going to like some and not like others and your tastes will change over the years. :2

quantim0
01-20-2012, 10:58 AM
I have a lot of smokes that I'm waiting for the "right time". Some I have been sitting on for a few years. Lit one up recently, complete let down. That has happened to me a few times. So I'm considering no longer saving things for that "right time". When I am in the mood I'll smoke what I got.

Plus they make more of these things every day. There's always one to replace the recently departed.

MrClean
01-20-2012, 11:38 AM
Fire it up G!!
Try it, if you like it, buy more and let them sit if you want. I'm a believer in trying one early, and if I like it enough to buy more, I'll let one or two rest to see if they get better with age. Some do and some don't I'd imagine.

Ashcan Bill
01-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Afeared of spiders. Ain't afeared of no cigar.

:lr

irratebass
01-20-2012, 11:55 AM
I have a lot of smokes that I'm waiting for the "right time". Some I have been sitting on for a few years. Lit one up recently, complete let down. That has happened to me a few times. So I'm considering no longer saving things for that "right time". When I am in the mood I'll smoke what I got.

Plus they make more of these things every day. There's always one to replace the recently departed.

Fire it up G!!
Try it, if you like it, buy more and let them sit if you want. I'm a believer in trying one early, and if I like it enough to buy more, I'll let one or two rest to see if they get better with age. Some do and some don't I'd imagine.

I am starting to see a trend here and maybe I should adhere to this thought process, but what about those LE releases like Tat Halloweens or Viaje's Holiday Blends (I have only had the FACE.....so it's not that big of a deal, I did get a Wolfman, though, but only 1)

Blak Smyth
01-20-2012, 12:00 PM
I am starting to see a trend here and maybe I should adhere to this thought process, but what about those LE releases like Tat Halloweens or Viaje's Holiday Blends (I have only had the FACE.....so it's not that big of a deal, I did get a Wolfman, though, but only 1)

Try to snag two, thats what I do. That way you can smoke one now and one later if it is worth waiting for. I have to admit I am saving a Wolfman for next Halloween, but my expectations are pretty low.

LigaPrivadaT84
01-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Although prices have gone up, the cost of a Padron still shouldn't be too big of an investment to risk.
When my expectations are high, I usually get dissapointed so I have enjoyed far more lesser priced quality smokes more so than the expensive ones.

Smoke it now.

ASU Maduro
01-20-2012, 12:33 PM
A cigar does nothing for us until we light it up. Finding the right time for that special cigar can be the most difficult act.

irratebass
01-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Try to snag two, thats what I do. That way you can smoke one now and one later if it is worth waiting for. I have to admit I am saving a Wolfman for next Halloween, but my expectations are pretty low.

Yeah I hear that, well I was lucky to get this Wolfy, it was given to me at an event from a generous BOTL I just met that day, I told him about the Asylum, but he has yet to sign up. I am hoping to see him again at the Nestor Miranda event next month.

I was going to hold on to mine till Halloween too, but I think I may smoke it when the weather breaks......JUNE lol

Blak Smyth
01-20-2012, 12:36 PM
A cigar does nothing for us until we light it up. Finding the right time for that special cigar can be the most difficult act.

Not exactly true for me, I actually do find pleasure in collecting, hunting for a bargain, cataloging and sorting through my collection. The big pay off is smoking it though.

Apoco
01-20-2012, 12:59 PM
For the longest time I was this way.

Then half of my collection ended up being "oh I need to wait to smoke this" cigars.

From now on - simply waking up is a special enough occasion :)
Posted via Mobile Device

irratebass
01-20-2012, 01:19 PM

For the longest time I was this way.

Then half of my collection ended up being "oh I need to wait to smoke this" cigars.

Posted via Mobile Device

Well I only have 1 "oh I need to wait to smoke this" and it's the Wolfman.....HOWEVER I do like to smoke in order of what I either received or purchased, I write the date in my ledger and I go in order......anal? I suppose.

pnoon
01-20-2012, 02:09 PM
I'd rather be able to say "I smoked one" than "I have one"

:2
Posted via Mobile Device

NCRadioMan
01-20-2012, 02:10 PM

Quoted, for truth. :tu

Remo
01-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Scared of spiders and clowns (and the latter is mostly CA inmates) and I can step on spiders, SMOKE EM' Garry...you Clown!!!! :r

Blak Smyth
01-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Scared of spiders and clowns (and the latter is mostly CA inmates) and I can step on spiders, SMOKE EM' Garry...you Clown!!!! :r

So you are saying you fear the zombies:tu

Remo
01-20-2012, 02:13 PM
So you are saying you fear the zombies:tu

Nope, they are @ss Clowns!!! :sl

Doctorossi
01-20-2012, 02:21 PM

I always felt that way until I was in the audience for "Let's Make a Deal". :r

SteelCityBoy
01-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Gary,

Spark that thing up this weekend and let us know what you think! Remember, it's just a cigar and if you like it great, if not...well then at least you know!

No matter what...sit back...relax...and enjoy! :D

irratebass
01-20-2012, 02:37 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Made my mind up right there with this post, kudos Peter.

Smokin Gator
01-20-2012, 03:14 PM

Peter is wise!!!:tu

Crownedone
01-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Fire up that baby and enjoy!

Just smoke it. Padrons are pretty good. If you don't like it....so what. No ones going to revoke your cigar smoking card. Cigar taste are a very personal thing.

Hey waite....There's a cigar smoking card...?

44stampede
01-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Life is too short...

BnBTobacco
01-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Don't miss the chance Garry, smoke it! :) :ss

BHalbrooks
01-20-2012, 08:13 PM
Padron's are sooo gross. If you send it to me, I'll take it off your hands, just because I'm nice :r

Seriously, bite the bullet on it Bro, what's the worse that could happen? If you really hate it, pitch it.

schollianmj
01-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Crap, I cant find my cigar smoking card...

jluck
01-20-2012, 09:16 PM
Bring it up for a herf and I will trade you for a 5vegas relic! :r

Jasonw560
01-20-2012, 09:44 PM

Wait....there's a CARD? Why wasn't I told about this?

South Shield
01-20-2012, 09:55 PM
The only time I'm scared to try a new smoke is when the owner of my B&M says "Try this! Its great!"

Poor Rob...no palate..

GodOfFire
01-20-2012, 10:25 PM
I think Padron's are great smokes. I have had most everyone except the the family reserves and I'm making my way through them. Man just go for it you will enjoy it. I enjoy purchasing cigars, saving them, and collecting them. However, when I make up my mind to smoke one I'm going to go for it.

MrClean
01-20-2012, 10:28 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

sikk50
01-20-2012, 11:26 PM
I did this with my first Padron64.....I wish I hadn't, I was far from impressed.

CigarSquid
01-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Fired up the 2000 Natural this morning. Not a bad smoke. Had some spice in lite up.. mellowed out after. Good with my fresh coffee.

Jasonw560
01-21-2012, 12:02 PM
I still want to know about this card of which was spoken...

Stephen
01-21-2012, 12:28 PM
However, when the weekend comes, I get cold feet to pull it out.
You might regret that decision say, in about nine months...;)

jluck
01-21-2012, 01:10 PM
I still want to know about this card of which was spoken...

I sell them....hit me up.

Just kidding.