PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Hall of Fame

kelmac07
01-10-2012, 05:04 AM
Congrats to Barry Larkin for being selected for induction into the Baseball Hall of Fame. :tu :tu

Now a friendly word to the voters...WAKE UP!!! How the hell did Jeff Bagwell not make it in again this year? He played in an era where steriods were present, but never once was suspended or found guilty of using them. Yet, the voters shut him out once again. McGwire, Sosa, Palmeiro...got it!! I wish the voters would use FACTS and not assumptions when casting their ballots. :bh :bh :bh

Gophernut
01-10-2012, 07:22 AM
I completely agree with you Mac. Bag's numbers say one thing about the guy. He should be in the Hall. He is simply guilty by association. He got bigger as his career went on and hit more home runs, therefore he must be juicing. What a crock. I also think it's a shame that Jack Morris isn't in yet either. He was simply the best pitcher of the 1980's. And if for nothing else, that game 7 of the 1991 World Series should get him in! I am biased about that one though.

yachties23
01-10-2012, 07:28 AM
I completely agree with you Mac. Bag's numbers say one thing about the guy. He should be in the Hall. He is simply guilty by association. He got bigger as his career went on and hit more home runs, therefore he must be juicing. What a crock. I also think it's a shame that Jack Morris isn't in yet either. He was simply the best pitcher of the 1980's. And if for nothing else, that game 7 of the 1991 World Series should get him in! I am biased about that one though.

Maybe Its me but I kinda lump Bagwell in with those guys as well. I'm sorry but it is definitely guilt by association. I do agree that Morris should be in the hall, and that there are most certainly guys who are in the hall that weren't half as good as he was.

BigAsh
01-10-2012, 07:29 AM
good blog on the topic....about the upcoming 2013 class...

http://eye-on-baseball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22297882/34288363

chaase321
01-10-2012, 07:33 AM
I totally agree Mac! Larkin is one of my all time favs!

Also...I think some people who vote, simply vote based on names they know rather than how people played.

elderboy02
01-10-2012, 07:39 AM
Barry Larkin was my idol growing up here in Cincy. Glad to see him make it in! :banger :tu :banger :tu :banger

shilala
01-10-2012, 08:08 AM
I'm having a major brain block trying to figure out who else came out in that rookie class with Bagwell that was also a monster. All I keep coming up with is Royce Clayton, and he sure isn't it. :)
I had to look it up, it was Chuck Knoblauch for the AL, and his numbers weren't close to Bag's.

kelmac07
01-10-2012, 08:34 AM
Scott...Knoblauch? Mr "I can't throw the ball to first anymore". :r :r

BigAsh
01-10-2012, 08:39 AM

but it was FUN to watch!!:r:r

icehog3
01-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Where's Jerry Koosman!?

shilala
01-10-2012, 09:15 AM
I can just remember all the stroke flying around when Bagwell came up. It may have been the year before. For some reason I had it in my head that he was tied real close to another ball player with a name that started with B.
It's just another massive memory failure, that's all. :D
Bagwell and Biggio. Hah!!! I got it. :lr
It's just that none of the other stuff that was swimming around in my head was remotely connected. :D

01-10-2012, 09:43 AM

I can't stand the "first ballot, second ballot" label these elitist voters slap these guys with. What's worse is when they wait until the guy dies then put him in post-mordem. Gee thanks.

There's no reason not to put Jack Morris in the hall. For that matter, look at Lou Whitaker's numbers compared to other 2nd basemen that are already in yet he's barely an afterthought.
:fl

BigAsh
01-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Tigers fan Mike? :D....big Sweet Lou fan.....Lou and Trammell made a great combo...

01-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Tigers fan Mike? :D....big Sweet Lou fan.....Lou and Trammell made a great combo...

You saw through me. But, I'm not arguing my feelings per se. The stats backup Lou and Morris. Tram, not as much, but it's not a huge strech. It would be nice for all three to get in.

Starscream
01-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Barry Larkin was my idol growing up here in Cincy. Glad to see him make it in! :tu :banger :tu :banger

:tpd:

Congrats to Barry!