PDA

View Full Version : Still up?

Flounder
01-06-2012, 02:33 AM
Anyone still up?

Break is killing me, my schedule has been way off. Considering my "minimum awake time" seems to be like 14 hours. And The past couple nights I've laid awake until about 6am, and then slept until 3 or 4 in the afternoon, it's disgusting...

So to remedy the situation I have decided to pull an all-nighter, and then go to bed tomorrow around 11pm, so I can get up at a reasonable hour and get back on track before I go back to school on Monday...

Zeuceone
01-06-2012, 02:43 AM
that never works. usually get 4-5 hours of sleep

Flounder
01-06-2012, 02:51 AM
that never works. usually get 4-5 hours of sleep

I am starting to think so the closer we get to daylight... Might call it a night, force myself up at noon...

Zeuceone
01-06-2012, 02:58 AM
best thing is make yourself get up. set 5 alarms or so.

irratebass
01-06-2012, 03:53 AM
good luck with that Flounder.

backwoods357
01-06-2012, 06:04 AM
I used to have chronic sleep problems and frequently used the all nighter/clock reset approach. It worked to a point, but I certainly paid the price for it. Now I use melatonin. Works great, doesn't knock me out just lets me fall asleep. You can buy a huge bottle for dirt cheap at costco, or at any store with a basic pharmacy. Goodluck bro.

maninblack
01-06-2012, 06:39 AM
I used to have chronic sleep problems and frequently used the all nighter/clock reset approach. It worked to a point, but I certainly paid the price for it. Now I use melatonin. Works great, doesn't knock me out just lets me fall asleep. You can buy a huge bottle for dirt cheap at costco, or at any store with a basic pharmacy. Goodluck bro.

+1

ktblunden
01-06-2012, 08:22 AM

Yep, melatonin is great for that. Just make sure to use it only occasionally or you get to a point where you have to take it to fall asleep.

irratebass
01-06-2012, 08:29 AM
I like Somonex, not addicting and does the job when I need to sleep.

Tylonol pm is nice too.

T.G
01-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Chances are your vitamin & mineral levels are off throwing your body out of whack. Easiest thing to do is take some multi-vitamins, melatonin and about 250ml of magnesium citrate before bed.

icehog3
01-06-2012, 09:13 AM
At least there's mail delivery today. ;)

pnoon
01-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Nice review.
Posted via Mobile Device

Flounder
01-06-2012, 11:31 AM

I ended up going to bed around 6, and set an alarm for a little after 12, but my brother called me before then, so I was up at 12:10ish.

Hopefully I'll go right to sleep tonight with only about 6 hours and a busy day ahead of me. A lot of people have suggested the melatonin, both on here, and in real life, I think I'll try it out as on an average night I spend about 45mins - 2 hours awake in bed before falling asleep.

Flounder
01-06-2012, 11:34 AM
At least there's mail delivery today. ;)

Nice review.
Posted via Mobile Device

I appreciate the feed back guys! And that you remember me so dearly.

Ice- Yes, it is a good thing there is mail today, I'm surprise we're not celebrating the 12th day after Christmas as a national holiday!

Pnoon- It's not a review, just some "general discussion".

icehog3
01-06-2012, 01:13 PM
I appreciate the feed back guys! And that you remember me so dearly.

Ice- Yes, it is a good thing there is mail today, I'm surprise we're not celebrating the 12th day after Christmas as a national holiday!

I'll write my congressmen. My Brother In Law is a mailman and says he could use another day off.

Steve
01-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Ya'll can laugh if you want to, but when I was having trouble sleeping a while back, I accidentally grabbed my wife's Midal PM...worked like a charm. It's basically ibuprophen and the active in benedryl. Plus, I did't have to worry about bloating and cramps the next day!

:)

Remo
01-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Ya'll can laugh if you want to, but when I was having trouble sleeping a while back, I accidentally grabbed my wife's Midal PM...worked like a charm. It's basically ibuprophen and the active in benedryl. Plus, I did't have to worry about bloating and cramps the next day!

:)

You're wives huh? Likely story...SKIRT!!! :lr

Steve
01-06-2012, 01:23 PM
So Mike...you have an EMPTY HUMIDOR and you LOST your lighter and need another? :gary

Remo
01-06-2012, 01:24 PM
So Mike...you have an EMPTY HUMIDOR and you LOST your lighter and need another? :gary

Plenty of both buddy, you gonna hit me with your purse?

Steve
01-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Plenty of both buddy, you gonna hit me with your purse?

:lr

[/Thread Jack]

icehog3
01-06-2012, 01:42 PM
[/Thread Jack]

That happened on post #9. ;) :r