PDA

View Full Version : Fan Timer for cigar cabinet

RonC
01-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Avallo Humidors will soon be introducing a new fan timer.

2 prototypes are built.

They are at the engineer, and he is testing them.

Matt gets them next, and he tests them, then I get too test them.

If all works out well, here are the details.

it will control 4 typical computer fans that we use on our Accumonitor humidity canisters. With a splitter, it could handle up to 8 fans.

We based the timer on a 1 hour run time.

So you will be able to run fans anywhere from 0 minutes per hour (off), up to 60 minutes per hour(constant on), and anywhere in between from 1-59 minutes per hour.

when you are setting the timer, the minutes on will show on the LED display.

then, once you are done setting the timer, the display will change to a clock mode that will enable you to keep track of when the fans are on and off.

What makes this fan timer unique is the next feature. You will be able to control the 4 fans seperately. This feature will be huge for those who are having airflow trouble with poorly designed cigar cabinets. This timer will also be a big benefit for those with wine coolers. A fan or 2 aimed at the cooling unit and rear wall will help with condensation issues. you can have each fan running for 5

and whats best is the ease of use. Just as the Accumonitor is the easiest to use cigar humidifier that you can buy, this fan timer will be too. Just 2 pushbuttons. One increases run time, and one decreases run time. I had a fan timer once that had a thick instruction book. the timer got thrown away. This one will be easy.

If you have an existing Avallo cabinet or Accumonitor, you can just unplug your existing circulation fans from the Accumonitor, and plug them into the timer, or just get a seperate set of fans for the timer, and leave your existing Accumonitor alone

once this is officially up for sale, then I can leak info about our next project.

joshpip
01-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Thats great news Ron! I've been looking for a time that does this for a very long time. What are the chances they'll make the same timer with an outlet to plug a fan in for a walk-in?

OldDirty
01-08-2012, 09:34 AM
Quick question Ron is there a fan timer upgrade for the EZ Accumonitor ?

RonC
01-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Thats great news Ron! I've been looking for a time that does this for a very long time. What are the chances they'll make the same timer with an outlet to plug a fan in for a walk-in?

this timer is designed for 12 volt systems. It will use the same fans that come with an Accumonitor. This 12 volt system was tough to find, so thats why we made it. For a walkin using 120 volt fans, you should have no trouble finding a decent timer online.

RonC
01-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Quick question Ron is there a fan timer upgrade for the EZ Accumonitor ?

we can provide a y connector so you could attach a circulatiion fan to the EZ. Only trouble is the fan timer. The ez does not have the timer software. you would have to get a different chip from us and install it yourself

shilala
01-09-2012, 04:43 PM
This is good news. I run my low voltage fans 24/7 in everything, but this used in addition to the Accumonitor EZ will be AWESOME for Fridgador setups. It's all you'll need to turn any compressor-driven unit into a working winador. Well, not everything. You'll still need a gob of electrician's putty to plug the drain. :)
Well done, Ron!!! :tu

RonC
01-09-2012, 07:24 PM
This is good news. I run my low voltage fans 24/7 in everything, but this used in addition to the Accumonitor EZ will be AWESOME for Fridgador setups. It's all you'll need to turn any compressor-driven unit into a working winador. Well, not everything. You'll still need a gob of electrician's putty to plug the drain. :)
Well done, Ron!!! :tu

we were thinking same as you. this timer will really be a help for wine humidors.

joshpip
01-09-2012, 09:01 PM
this timer is designed for 12 volt systems. It will use the same fans that come with an Accumonitor. This 12 volt system was tough to find, so thats why we made it. For a walkin using 120 volt fans, you should have no trouble finding a decent timer online.

Ron, I have searched high and low for a timer I could plug a fan into that will provide power for one minute every twenty minutes. Zero luck...

RonC
01-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Ron, I have searched high and low for a timer I could plug a fan into that will provide power for one minute every twenty minutes. Zero luck...

let us get this timer done, then matt says he should be able to take care of you

RonC
01-28-2012, 09:36 AM
Here is a picture of the new fan timer. Not ready for sale yet, but pretty soon. Matt is making a "prototype" batch for existing customers and some cigar forum members.

on the photo, you will see 3 pushbuttons.

the top increases fan run time

middle decreases run time

bottom gets you to what fan you are controlling.

for example, in the photo, the screen says "f4"

Matt has pushed the bottom button 4 times to get too the "f4" or "fan #4 mode. The he uses the top two buttons too set the fan run time.