PDA

View Full Version : Indian Tabac Super Fuerte robusto

borndead1
12-01-2008, 09:11 AM
Man, I swear...in my opinion Rocky has never topped this blend. I would go a step further and say that he has never topped this exact size and blend. This is one of the very few cigars I loved as a noob and still smoke all the time. RP's cigars have always been hit or miss with me (more often miss) but just this cigar alone makes me a Rocky fan.

Unique spicy/woodsy flavor, a nice bite in the nostrils, and an amazing aroma coming from the foot of the cigar. The finish is tart and earthy with a "dark" flavor that I can't describe.

"Super fuerte"? Meh...I would imagine it was back when they first came out, but compared to today's quadruple-ligero bombs I would call it medium plus.

What's also great is the fact that I used to pay $5 a stick for these at the Tinder Box, and they can be had on Cbid and occasionally Famous Smoke Shop for a dollar and change. Famous sometimes runs a Monster deal of a bundle of 20 for $25 shipped.

This is one cigar that I always have a steady supply of, in various stages of rest in the humi. They don't burn so well when fresh. I give 'em 6 months or so in the low 60s RH.

:ss

adampc22
12-01-2008, 09:33 AM
cool i got one of these a few days ago carnt wait to smoke it

auburnfan1980
12-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Glad ya like em. I used to, but I'm now convinced that they dye their maduros, as my fingers have been left with a brownish/black stain on them after smoking. In my experience, it starts off ok, but no matter how much rest it's had in the humi, it seems to burn unevenly and gets harsh shortly after mid-stick. The secured a 92-rating from Cigar Aficionado, but I'm not quite sure how. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, I guess.

Jason

borndead1
12-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Glad ya like em. I used to, but I'm now convinced that they dye their maduros, as my fingers have been left with a brownish/black stain on them after smoking. In my experience, it starts off ok, but no matter how much rest it's had in the humi, it seems to burn unevenly and gets harsh shortly after mid-stick. The secured a 92-rating from Cigar Aficionado, but I'm not quite sure how. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, I guess.

Jason

I don't care for the ITSF maduros. The one I like is the H2000 (natural) wrap. And if you think the ITSF maddie wrappers are dyed, try an Olde World Reserve maduro. After you smoke one of those your fingers look like you ran out of toilet paper. :D

Starscream
12-01-2008, 10:18 AM
One of my go-to's. Love this stick!

CoroHo
12-01-2008, 10:42 AM
One of my 'always have' smokes. No stains on my fingers, great burn, great flavor, and cheap!

auburnfan1980
12-01-2008, 11:30 AM
I don't care for the ITSF maduros. The one I like is the H2000 (natural) wrap. And if you think the ITSF maddie wrappers are dyed, try an Olde World Reserve maduro. After you smoke one of those your fingers look like you ran out of toilet paper. :D

Hmmm....mayyyybe it wasn't the cigar after all! :r

Jason

ByrneBrew
12-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Great for the price and have always liked them

Whee
12-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Got some of these in one of the first samplers I bought. Loved it then, and still keep them around for a nice, cheap smoke. Got one sitting in my "death row" box right now.

Not a big fan of RP's other stuff, but I really like these.

ChasDen
12-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Great smoke for a buck and some change :ss

Whenever I go on a bidding spree on the devil site I always bid on all the lots available.

Got about 20 or 30 of them resting now :cb

Chas

Coz77
12-02-2008, 08:17 AM
I feel the same way about the Fire corojo lancero...great smoke. Too bad they discontinued it :mad:

I also swore off the last ITSF maduro because of a dye issues and they seem to just get sour after the 1st half.

I think ill revisit the ITSF H2000 though....thanks for the review.

Skywalker
12-02-2008, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the review!!!

I love these cigars!!!

kenstogie
07-31-2009, 08:19 AM
I love these too. If you "forget them" in the bottome of your humi for a few years they're even better. As another guy said "there one of the few cigars I smoked as a beginner that I still do" I couldn't have put it any better as I agree 1000%.

kelmac07
07-31-2009, 11:23 AM
Great stick for the price...I enjoyed the one I had TONS!! I would buy these again. Thanks for the review.

Cigary
07-31-2009, 01:21 PM
Just had this last night on the patio while watching a movie,,,,bought a dozen a few months ago and this cigar is a real delight. I didn't get any dyes on my fingers or anything. For the money you aren't going to beat this deal,,unless you get " The Fire" which is another great cigar and value.

Kreth
07-31-2009, 01:54 PM
These are one of my go-to smokes, except I usually grab them in toro.

Dunkel
07-31-2009, 02:25 PM
I had an ITSF Mad. Toro that I was given as a gift and it was very tasty. I wish CI wouldn't advertise the ITSF Mad. Robustos in their catalog 20 for $29.99 when they have been sold out for months. :mad: I really want them.

Commander Quan
07-31-2009, 02:49 PM
I too really like this blend. I've never had this size, only the box pressed coronas. However the coronas I bought have construction issues and most were plugged solid. The ones I could smoke were tasty though.

Cigary
07-31-2009, 03:05 PM
I had an ITSF Mad. Toro that I was given as a gift and it was very tasty. I wish CI wouldn't advertise the ITSF Mad. Robustos in their catalog 20 for $29.99 when they have been sold out for months. :mad: I really want them.

They have this right now with the quick buy at $9.50 for 5.
http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=758081

dentonparrots
07-31-2009, 03:32 PM
I was intending to buy some of these after gifting me only one away after reading some reviews and loking at the prices they tend to sell for. Compared to UK smokes they seem damn cheap and extremely good value compared to the mainly CC's I get in the UK in my B&M.

Well that's it decided, definitely going to get me a bundle soon. Thanks for the thread/ review

Steelergar
08-01-2009, 08:41 AM
I was intending to buy some of these after gifting me only one away after reading some reviews and loking at the prices they tend to sell for. Compared to UK smokes they seem damn cheap and extremely good value compared to the mainly CC's I get in the UK in my B&M.

Well that's it decided, definitely going to get me a bundle soon. Thanks for the thread/ review

Poor guys in the UK only get the CC's. That must suck!

dentonparrots
08-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Poor guys in the UK only get the CC's. That must suck!

The grass is always greener on the otherside of the road...

We do get NC's just nowhere near as big a selection as what you guys do and the taxes we pay are nuts. :( they're not really much cheaper than CC's really