PDA

View Full Version : Cell Telephones W/GPS Realtime Tracking...

MarkinAZ
01-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Hello My Fellow Inmates,

I have a daughter who will be turning 16 soon and daddy is interested to know where she is during the day or night (especially when she fails to return a telephone call or text).

What I'm looking for is a cell phone/company (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, etc.) that has a solid GPS feature built into the phone, that I or her mother would be able to track on our PC (hopefully in real-time).

I would like to be able to track the GPS chip via PC or another cell phone, whether my daughters cell phone is on or off.

I would like to go this route rather than implant my little one;)

Thought I'd come here first with a post and see if anyone had a suggestion and could point me in the right direction.

Thanks All,

Mark

T.G
01-02-2012, 09:03 PM
All the major carriers have been offering real time tracking for a few years (or longer) now, so whatever company your plan for her phone is with, you can contact them for more information. Most "dumb" phones are supported, as are all smart phones, but pre-paid phones might not be depending on the carrier.

Oh, and she'll probably have to be part of a family plan for you to track her phone.

emopunker2004
01-02-2012, 09:25 PM
I know sprint has it as an option for their monthly plans

MarkinAZ
01-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Thanks guys. Keep em' coming in...:tu

forgop
01-03-2012, 08:42 AM
I like this feature with the iPhone. You can register all of your iPhones, iPads, iTouches, iWhateverthehellitis on an account and you can track on a map or if you cannot locate it, you can send an audible alert to the device even if it's on vibrate to play if you have difficulty finding it. Additionally, if the device is lost, you can do a remote wipe to keep your stored information from being misused.

This was available previously through MobileMe at a cost, but is now free through iCloud.

edit: Don't know that this feature works if the phone is off though. She's a teen though, so it's not like that would ever happen. :D

MarkinAZ
01-03-2012, 10:25 AM
I like this feature with the iPhone. You can register all of your iPhones, iPads, iTouches, iWhateverthehellitis on an account and you can track on a map or if you cannot locate it, you can send an audible alert to the device even if it's on vibrate to play if you have difficulty finding it. Additionally, if the device is lost, you can do a remote wipe to keep your stored information from being misused.

This was available previously through MobileMe at a cost, but is now free through iCloud.

edit: Don't know that this feature works if the phone is off though. She's a teen though, so it's not like that would ever happen. :D

...:tu

forgop
01-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Here's what a screen shot of iCloud find looks like. You can refresh as often as you like to track movement.

Blak Smyth
01-03-2012, 11:18 AM
:r

MarkinAZ
01-03-2012, 01:57 PM
:D...Don't double-dawg dare me Shane!