PDA

View Full Version : A thank you

SpruceBruce
12-28-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, if not please let me know.

Just wanted to post a thank you to the community here. The past month or so has included some great personal tragedy that's included the most horrible day(s) I've yet experienced on this blue marble. I don't mention this for sympathy (as I've had quite frankly enough to last a lifetime), but to provide some insight as to my current mental state.

While sitting in the garage tonight enjoying some awesome smokes, fine beer, good music, and forum reading, I realized how much this community has gotten me through these struggles. It's been the first time in weeks where I realized how good I have it, and been able to relax and enjoy myself. It sounds corny, but being in an environment like this where everyone is so supportive has been HUGE in getting me through this tough patch. I look forward to more discussion about this great new (for me) hobby, and all of the trading and inmate-inducing behavior that goes with it.

In short, thank you everyone for being so awesome to one another, and keep on being amazing! :tu

44stampede
12-28-2011, 10:07 PM
All the best this 2012 Jimmy. This is new for me too and it really gives me something to look forward to and have fun with. What else is life for but to enjoy?

pnoon
12-28-2011, 10:20 PM
Jimmy - this place provides friendship, brotherhood and support to many here. And in many ways.

There are a number of folks from Wisconsin here that I am privileged to know. Some I have met on a number of occasions. Hell, there are folks all over the place that I am fortunate to call my brothers and sisters.

A truly remarkable place - this home we call Cigar Asylum.

Mattso3000
12-29-2011, 12:31 AM
Jimmy, if you ever make it up this way I have the fridge stocked with Lakefront now...

kelmac07
12-29-2011, 04:59 AM
Glad to have ya here Jimmy. :D This place is loaded with great people. :tu :tu

SteelCityBoy
12-29-2011, 05:02 AM
Jimmy - this place provides friendship, brotherhood and support to many here. And in many ways.

There are a number of folks from Wisconsin here that I am privileged to know. Some I have met on a number of occasions. Hell, there are folks all over the place that I am fortunate to call my brothers and sisters.

A truly remarkable place - this home we call Cigar Asylum.

Peter couldn't have said it any better Jimmy! You have obviously already found out what so many others and myself have realized. This place that is CA really is amazing! Take care brother! :tu

Gophernut
12-29-2011, 08:04 AM
This is truly an amazing place! Everyone here just seems to get it! The TOE have done a wonderful job of making sure this community is just that, a community. This place has gotten me through a number of difficult situations that life throws at you.

stearns
12-29-2011, 10:18 AM
i too found this place (well, the old jungle) at a time when i needed to take my mind off life. the longer you spend being a part of the community, the more you'll come to realize how rare the group of crazies here are. welcome :ss

Sonic04GT
12-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Glad to hear. Lots of great folks on this forum. :tu

MrClean
12-29-2011, 10:26 AM
I've been here a short time too Jimmy, been a part of many forums the last few years and met a number of great people. But the experience here has been like no other. I've witnessed random acts of kindness that have truely surprised me and made me realize there ARE good people in this world. I feel privileged to a part of this community!

CigarNut
12-29-2011, 10:27 AM
It's nice to have a place where you can feel at home... :)

BnBTobacco
12-29-2011, 11:53 AM
Yeah, we have lots to thank in this forum and for our brothers here who have been so accommodating!

irratebass
12-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Jimmy, no thanks needed....this place is awesome and just AMAZING AMAZING people, I have never seen a community so generous in all my life. I hope to meet each and everyone of you at Shack.

Ogre
12-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Well Jimmy, Hope 2012 is better for you. This is a great place.