PDA

View Full Version : Iron Horse?

emopunker2004
12-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Has anyone tried the Iron Horse cigars from famous smoke? I got the mailer today and it's on the cover. The boxes are under $50 for 20. Input?

maninblack
12-27-2011, 09:05 PM
In my experience, you get what you pay for.

ktblunden
12-28-2011, 08:00 AM
The band is hideous, but I can't say I'm not also a little curious. I'm not curious enough to waste money on a box though.

Blak Smyth
12-28-2011, 08:16 AM
They have so many other bundles that are tasty, I never really wanted to try those.
Would love to hear about them though!

kelmac07
12-28-2011, 08:20 AM
With the Famous Nic 5000 Toro available for $46 for a bundle a 20...I would never even look at the Iron Horse. :2

neoflex
12-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Can't help but think about the Motorcycle shop down the road with the same name. They must be infused with motor oil, gasoline and exhaust. :r
Would be curious to hear feedback as Famous tends to do a good job with their bundles as previously mentioned.

JohnnyDark
03-02-2012, 03:22 PM
...I have bad news for all the nay-sayers: these Iron Horse Maduro's 5/50 are absolutely incredible. I was shocked last night when I gave it a try. It was recommended to me by a Famous Smoke rep.
I finally got them yesterday and gave it a try...unbelievable. I will be buying more; one of the best smokes I have had in a long time. This is obviously a best kept secret, but I'm not sure why. This is no joke.

fencefixer
03-02-2012, 03:32 PM
...I have bad news for all the nay-sayers: these Iron Horse Maduro's 5/50 are absolutely incredible. I was shocked last night when I gave it a try. It was recommended to me by a Famous Smoke rep.
I finally got them yesterday and gave it a try...unbelievable. I will be buying more; one of the best smokes I have had in a long time. This is obviously a best kept secret, but I'm not sure why. This is no joke.

This ^^

I hope people keep hating on them because I really like 'em and price stays as it is. I included one in every bomb I've sent so far and only 1 person didn't like. :D

chippewastud79
03-02-2012, 03:57 PM

Nice first post. :confused: Head over to the 'New Inmate Forum' and introduce yourself. :tu

MarkinAZ
03-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Has anyone tried the Iron Horse cigars from famous smoke? I got the mailer today and it's on the cover. The boxes are under $50 for 20. Input?

I haven't tried them as of yet, but, you can pick up a 5er at this time from Famous for a mere $12.90...

kelmac07
03-02-2012, 05:22 PM

Not necessarily always true though...Famous Nic 5000 Toros are $ 45.99 for 20 and they are FANTASTIC!!

CigarSquid
03-02-2012, 07:11 PM
THIS

Can't help but think about the Motorcycle shop down the road with the same name. They must be infused with motor oil, gasoline and exhaust. :r
Would be curious to hear feedback as Famous tends to do a good job with their bundles as previously mentioned.

Made me cough.

Remo
03-02-2012, 07:12 PM
DC sent me a couple, will be giving them a try shortly :tu

Pseudosacred
03-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Eh...I don't like ordering singles online. I'll just wait to see one sometime. They look pretty good......minus the band...

danatkins
03-04-2012, 08:11 AM
pseudo dont worry about buying a single i've heard nothing but good about them and i love em just getting ready to order some more. only cigar i've liked more was the ghurka special ops but they only sell them in the pack with the knife coin and humidor if you want a really good smoke try them to

Garbandz
03-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Nice first post.:confused: Head over to the 'New Inmate Forum' and introduce yourself.:tu

Then perhaps get some capitol letters and punctuation,and off we go..........:r :r :r

maninblack
03-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Nice first post.:confused: Head over to the 'New Inmate Forum' and introduce yourself.:tu

Then perhaps get some capitol letters and punctuation,and off we go..........:r :r :r

Now THAT was funny.

fencefixer
03-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Now THAT was funny.

I know.. sweet irony... eh? :D

http://cdn.pimpmyspace.org/media/pms/c/cx/xf/fv/pot-kettle.gif

tengel78
03-04-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm intrigued now. I'll see if I can find some to try.

fencefixer
03-04-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm intrigued now. I'll see if I can find some to try.

Tyler let's trade again. I'll send you some.

tengel78
03-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Tyler let's trade again. I'll send you some.

Cool. I'll send you a PM.

irratebass
03-05-2012, 04:20 AM
I got one from a DC, haven't tried it yet though.

fencefixer
03-05-2012, 07:19 AM
FWIW there's a review here http://cigars.about.com/od/CigarReviews2012/fr/Review-Of-Iron-Horse-Cigars.htm

ktblunden
03-05-2012, 07:27 AM
So there are two people in this thread with one post only talking up these Famous house brand cigars. I'm more than a little suspicious of that. I chalk it up as another possible reason not to buy from Famous. It could be a complete coincidence and these two guys just happened to decide to join and post about this cigar...but I doubt it.

fencefixer
03-05-2012, 07:45 AM
Hmm..

If I don't see them posting more this month I'll have to stop buying those.

JohnnyDark
03-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Not necessarily always true though...Famous Nic 5000 Toros are $ 45.99 for 20 and they are FANTASTIC!!
I bought a 20 pac of the Famous Nic 5000 6/60 and like thiem as well...the Iron Horse is much better.

fencefixer
03-05-2012, 09:33 AM
I bought a 20 pac of the Famous Nic 5000 6/60 and like thiem as well...the Iron Horse is much better.

Hey man why not head over to the inmate processing area and introduce yourself.. stick around and be a part of the big deal, this place is worth it!

aaron72
03-05-2012, 11:27 AM
I'll jump in and say that the Iron Horse was a pretty good smoke. Definitely worth while to try it out and find that it might be something you like for the cheap price they can be had for.

whodeeni
03-06-2012, 07:50 AM
Maybe I shouldn't do this, but if you want a good cheap Maduro,
get your hands on some of famous' Capoeira! Awesome Cigars!
I personally love the Aluno 'corona'. (IJS...)

@Mac I'm gonna have to smoke another one of those 5000's
that you bombed me with during our trade last year!:r

whodeeni
03-06-2012, 07:50 AM
Hmm..

If I don't see them posting more this month I'll have to stop buying those.

Funny as chit!:r

TFed
02-05-2014, 09:26 AM
So, i have been perusing many threads here. Trying to read most of 'em. Learning and laughing but always appreciating.

But, i think this thread needs another voice. I have been smoking iron horse robustos as my daily go to since they came out.

I don't care if there are famous shills on this thread, truth is, they are very enjoyable smokes.

I still have half a box after splitting them with my son in law. But, if i am going to start funding him, i need an even cheaper regular smoke.

I just got a bundle of augusto reyes factory select maduro to try.

Any suggestions on an acceptable maduro that might be better than that bundle but still less than a buck per stick??

pnoon
02-05-2014, 09:34 AM
So, i have been perusing many threads here. Trying to read most of 'em. Learning and laughing but always appreciating.

But, i think this thread needs another voice. I have been smoking iron horse robustos as my daily go to since they came out.

I don't care if there are famous shills on this thread, truth is, they are very enjoyable smokes.

I still have half a box after splitting them with my son in law. But, if i am going to start funding him, i need an even cheaper regular smoke.

I just got a bundle of augusto reyes factory select maduro to try.

Any suggestions on an acceptable maduro that might be better than that bundle but still less than a buck per stick??

But the admins and most of our community do. :2

TFed
02-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Good point! Srry.

But still a good smoke that i need to replace with something less expensive. I will start a thread for suggestions/ recomendations as soon as i can.

I just need to get to sleep because i have work at 7pm eastern snd my ipad is dead. And havent seen how i start new on my phone yet. But im learning : ))

Lockspur
02-05-2014, 10:15 AM
From what I remember, it was a good smoke. I recall being surprised when my buddy told me they were a budget stick from Famous. I've got another one in the humi…will give it a go this week.

Cigahs
02-05-2014, 10:23 AM
But the admins and most of our community do. :2

Why would we need shills? Smokers do it for us.:)

Humberto

pnoon
02-05-2014, 10:26 AM
Why would we need shills? Smokers do it for us.:)

Humberto

:tu Humberto.

We don't need them. But they do surface now and then.

Cigahs
02-05-2014, 10:31 AM
:tu Humberto.

We don't need them. But they do surface now and then.

By 'we' I mean Famous Smoke Shop.

I might come on here from time to time to announce some sort of special / auction / closeout / etc.. But those times are few and far between and, I believe, are posted in the appropriate forum(s).

I don't think anyone else in the company is active on this board.

Humberto

biggbob
02-05-2014, 03:56 PM
I just tried a test flight of 9 sticks for ~$15. 3x rob, toro, churchill.

The robustos are decent for a driving-the-car cigar. The toros and churches are awful. At least i found them to be awful.

They have some robusto 5ers for ~$10 and i might someday get some more of them from a mashup sale but i wont be getting any boxes of these.

I do have to say, at ~#15 for 9 sticks, its basically a risk-free trial.

bob

NPRCHRISTOS
02-09-2014, 06:00 AM
OK...time for my 2 cents...

I have gotta these sticks several times from Famous Smokes and just love them. Just finishing up a recently purchased 9 pack of my own and I need to order some more.

When I first saw these on Famous, high rating and low price, I was also a bit skeptical. But after I got my first 5 pack of Robustos for $10 on the auction site I was hooked.

Every time I order from Famous I'll pick up a Box or pack of these, can't beat the value.....

I just hope they don't get to popular so the price can stay low....

dijit
02-09-2014, 07:52 AM
I have always enjoyed the Iron Horse line and when I order from famous try to get a 5-er with the order. I find them much better after about 6 mo's aging