PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Drew Brees

RevSmoke
12-26-2011, 11:09 PM
An amazing feat, toppling Dan Marino's record tonight. 5,087 yards in a season - and he still has one more game to play in regular season play.

Congratulations!

chippewastud79
12-26-2011, 11:23 PM
Can't say a bad thing about the man as a player or a person. He worked hard to accomplish such a feat and it is well deserved :tu

Volusianator
12-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Couldn't have happened to a nicer classier guy!

Dr Voss
12-26-2011, 11:41 PM
Not only did he set a new record, he did it with a TD pass. Really great game and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Way to go Saints.

Savor the Stick
12-26-2011, 11:47 PM
Enjoyed the game as well. Really, really enjoyed how he acknowledged the whole Saints organization for the achievement. Classy Guy!:tu

The penalties on the Falcons team this game really kept them from making more points...as well as the defense of the Saints.

Emjaysmash
12-26-2011, 11:51 PM
I agree with all of the above! Well deserved!

SteelCityBoy
12-27-2011, 04:47 AM
Drew Brees is one heckuva leader and QB. Good for him! It was going to happen sooner or later and it is nice to see Brees get it. Congrats Drew Brees!

kelmac07
12-27-2011, 04:53 AM
First class!! Love how he puts the team before himself. :tu :tu More athletes could learn a thing or two from Mr Brees. :D

elderboy02
12-27-2011, 05:02 AM
First class!! Love how he puts the team before himself. :tu :tu More athletes could learn a thing or two from Mr Brees. :D

+1. :tu

skullnrose
12-27-2011, 05:33 AM
Class act all the way. Congrats to Drew and the Saints.

Taki
12-27-2011, 05:45 AM
Just think a few years back, no one wanted him because of his shoulder and all the "potential" health problems that he could have...haha Great Job Drew...an amazing accomplishment!! :tu

NeuRon
12-27-2011, 05:48 AM
congrats to drew brees.. he is one hell of a field general! One of the best.. Saints are so much fun to watch

Blak Smyth
12-27-2011, 06:16 AM
Drew,
When you read this, I just wanna say I always thought San Diego should have never let you go. Congrats on an amazing season, and keep up the great work. You are the complete opposite of what Eli Manning is and I respect that! Oh one last thing, what's up with the Nyquil commercials?

taltos
12-27-2011, 06:43 AM
Glad that he was the one to break the record.

Chainsaw13
12-27-2011, 07:45 AM
Congrats to Drew, can't believe it took someone this long in the pass happy NFL.

The one thing that irked me was that tool, Mike Tirico. How many times did he point out the rules for passing in the league have changed from when Marino set the record? Almost like he was putting an asterisk on Brees' accomplishment.

Gophernut
12-27-2011, 07:57 AM
Congrats to Drew, can't believe it took someone this long in the pass happy NFL.

The one thing that irked me was that tool, Mike Tirico. How many times did he point out the rules for passing in the league have changed from when Marino set the record? Almost like he was putting an asterisk on Brees' accomplishment.

+1

Tirico is a brutal announcer. Tries to be part of the story instead of the storyteller.

But what great season by a very classy guy. Congrats!

RevSmoke
12-27-2011, 10:54 AM

+1

Tirico is a brutal announcer. Tries to be part of the story instead of the storyteller.

But what great season by a very classy guy. Congrats!

I agree.

I was listening to the commentary on ESPN radio on the drive back from Green Bay after watching the game with MJ at Titletown Tobacco. Was able to listen to Drew's comments afterwards. Wow, I was impressed. Football is a team sport, and individual records often rise above the team. It was great that Drew acknowledged the "team" aspect of the sport.

Granted, it is his record, and no other quarterback can claim it, because no other QB has done it. But it did take a supporting cast to do so.

That's the kind of football player I hope kids find as a hero.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

longknocker
12-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Congrats, DB, & Go Saints!:banger:tu

Dave128
12-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Granted, it is his record, and no other quarterback can claim it, because no other QB has done it. But it did take a supporting cast to do so.

+1. It would be impossible for him to have such a record without the help of the rest of the team. I hope he buys them all a Rolex and a case of stickum.

OLS
12-27-2011, 12:17 PM
An amazing feat, toppling Dan Marino's record tonight. 5,087 yards in a season - and he still has one more game to play in regular season play.

Congratulations!

Not sure if anyone else has stated this or not, but I will add it to the kudos and correct myself
if someone has already. Last year when he was only 15 yards from breaking the record, or last
TIME he was close, he had a man wide open across the middle for the record, and he threw it
at the receiver's feet. It was not a scrambling throw and was not by any means a difficult toss and
catch. I thought it was simply a tip of the hat to the MAN, DAN and he likely thought about it later and
said, "NEXT time that puppy is MINE, Dan..."

+1

That is Musberger for me.

As for asterisks, I heard one caller on WWL radio out of NO say there SHOULD be a asterisk by the
record... * - "Brees did it ALL while being less than 6 feet tall"

Personally I hope he throws for 500 at home against the Panthers next week, sock that puppy away
for a few seasons...