PDA

View Full Version : Pick-up truck owners

Ogre
12-24-2011, 07:50 PM
I am looking at putting a tailgate light on my truck and am wondering if anyone here has done this. I have looked on line and have found numerous lights at a large price range. Can anyone suggest a brand/company to go with??? I am in need of the 60 inch light. Thanks in advance.

sikk50
12-24-2011, 07:54 PM
I know as far as truck lighting recon is a very reputable brand, but they tend to be on the spendier side. I don't have any personal experience to add though. Sorry

Ogre
12-24-2011, 08:00 PM
I dont mind spending a little more for quality, as long as it lasts.

Boz
12-24-2011, 08:02 PM
I am looking at putting a tailgate light on my truck and am wondering if anyone here has done this. I have looked on line and have found numerous lights at a large price range. Can anyone suggest a brand/company to go with??? I am in need of the 60 inch light. Thanks in advance.

What truck and what kind of light are we talking about? The long ones that go under the tailgate or the shorter ones that usually come factory on duallies? I'm not a big fan of the long led ones under the tailgate. I see more of them half burnt out than not.

I know as far as truck lighting recon is a very reputable brand, but they tend to be on the spendier side. I don't have any personal experience to add though. Sorry

Recon is ok. Definitely spendier. I have recon cab lights and haven't had an issue.

Ogre
12-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Thats why I am asking William. I am looking for the light under the tailgate. Is there a quality difference between the 60 inch and the 12 inch???

Boz
12-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Thats why I am asking William. I am looking for the light under the tailgate. Is there a quality difference between the 60 inch and the 12 inch???

Well I personally wouldn't go with the 60". Like I said, almost every time I see one they are half burnt out. I have seriously considered the smaller one though. And Recon is a good brand to go with. I tend to lean toward the factory light that comes on the 1 ton trucks (at least on the Dodges).

Ogre
12-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks guys, I will have to look into the smaller lights.

RGD.
12-24-2011, 08:19 PM
My truck is 2004. I put a Recon on when new and half burned out in 2007. I have had a Fire and Ice since 2007 and it's still working perfect. Plus it's got back up lights in it. Can't say how well the back up light part really works because I have halogen under the bumper back up lights also.

I know that Fire and Ice also has a flexible LED light strip now that can be cut to length.

Ron

Boz
12-24-2011, 08:41 PM
My truck is 2004. I put a Recon on when new and half burned out in 2007. I have had a Fire and Ice since 2007 and it's still working perfect. Plus it's got back up lights in it. Can't say how well the back up light part really works because I have halogen under the bumper back up lights also.

I know that Fire and Ice also has a flexible LED light strip now that can be cut to length.

Ron

First hand experience :tu Maybe they've gotten better then.