PDA

View Full Version : Soldier bringing sticks to Afghanistan?

BHalbrooks
12-24-2011, 04:13 PM
I know that there are a TON of Soldiers that are on here that have served in Afghanistan. My Brother is trying to figure out how he can get a bunch of sticks to Afghanistan.

Any help is appreciated.

bobarian
12-24-2011, 04:23 PM
He can just pack them in ziplocks and then a tupperware or rubbermaid container. If he is worried about space in his gear and he knows his APO he can just mail them to himself or have you mail after he arrives. You should also forward his APO to one of the Troops supporters so he gets additional smokes for himself and his buddies. :2

cjhalbrooks
12-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Thanks bobarian, but you see i want to ensure that these cigars make it there ready to smoke. I know about APO and US Mail... The think is i am a supply sgt. So i will have no problem with space. I am thinking about making a humidor to send in a conex. I am thinking about making the humidor out of a tuffbox. I was wonder if anyone has plains or ideas to help.

Sonic04GT
12-29-2011, 09:04 PM
Thanks bobarian, but you see i want to ensure that these cigars make it there ready to smoke. I know about APO and US Mail... The think is i am a supply sgt. So i will have no problem with space. I am thinking about making a humidor to send in a conex. I am thinking about making the humidor out of a tuffbox. I was wonder if anyone has plains or ideas to help.

Many on here would probably agree that a cooler would be the best bet as you can't really seal a toughbox. I know those connex's can sometimes take over a month to arrive and they get super hot inside. Might be kind of tricky but I'm curious to see the replies.

bobarian
12-29-2011, 09:21 PM
A large Pelican case should do the trick. Size would depend on how many you want to store. I have a case from a Gen 3 Night Vision binocular that holds about 150-175 cigars in ziplock bags.

jjmitchem
12-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Don't send the cigars in a conex. You may not see them for months and the temp changes during the trip will be rough on them

Take what you need right away with you and ship the rest

Shawn hines
01-01-2012, 11:11 PM
I shipped mine over in a Humidor inside a Pelican case, they were fine but the Humidor said that the humidity was fine but the temperature was all over the place. Shipping in a cooler maybe better. FPO would be better in my option.