PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans B&M's

Angry_Pirate
12-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Looking for suggestions on Cigar shops in New Orleans.. Thanks!!!

Silound
12-24-2011, 06:35 PM

Don Juan's has a nice lounge. The Cigar Factory is a nice open air place, but they insist you only smoke what you buy, and all they sell are their own blends. Estelli's is a hole in the wall, not much of a shop, but right off the Quarter and comfortable if they still have seating.

Winstonshumidor
12-24-2011, 06:43 PM

http://cccigarshop.com/

Armando has a great shop just off Bourbon St.

SNKBYT
12-24-2011, 06:52 PM
the Cigar Factory on 2nd St (not Bourbon) let us smoke what we wanted, bring in booze as long as we bought some of their stock

Chainsaw13
12-24-2011, 08:28 PM
I'll second Armando's. Small shop but cool place to hang out.
Posted via Mobile Device

thebayratt
12-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Cresent City - Armando is the man!
Cigar Factory for some Tres Hermanos. Smoke one and hold a few for aging. Just don't go to the one on Bourbon
Don Juans - yeh, had good experiences there.
Habana Port - 30mins north of NOLA in Covington. They have a very very nice selection!!

Chainsaw13
12-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Can't forget Payless cigars on St. Charles.

tsolomon
12-26-2011, 06:37 AM
http://cccigarshop.com/

Armando has a great shop just off Bourbon St.We dropped in and had a great time talking and smoking with Armando. Smoked my first Viaje here. The street level bar at the Royal Sonesta on Bourbon street was a great place to smoke cigars and people watch.

jsnake
12-26-2011, 07:13 AM
Crescent City is great and Armando is a fantastic guy.

Boz
12-26-2011, 02:20 PM
I'm subscribing to this thread. I will be there in March for a bachelor party and plan on bringing my own. But knowing where to pick up a few more could be useful.

Angry_Pirate
01-02-2012, 07:40 AM
Thanks for suggesting Crescent City Cigar shop guys! Armando is a great guy and has a great shop. He has the largest selection of Viaje's I have ever seen! He still has the Late Harvest, C4,tnt as well as some S&B and the 2011 Holiday blend. This guy has a passion for great cigars!

Chainsaw13
01-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Glad you found Armando's J.T. I'll be hitting him up come April when I'm there for the CCCCC herf.

Winstonshumidor
01-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Thanks for suggesting Crescent City Cigar shop guys! Armando is a great guy and has a great shop. He has the largest selection of Viaje's I have ever seen! He still has the Late Harvest, C4,tnt as well as some S&B and the 2011 Holiday blend. This guy has a passion for great cigars!

Glad you liked his place! He is a Viaje guy!!

Caymus
03-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Going there for the French Quarter Festival in April. Does anyone have some suggestions on where to smoke indoors in the French Quarter ? tsolomon mentioned the bar at the Royal Sonesta....seems like a good place. I also heard the bar at Dickie Brennan's steakhouse welcomes cigars. I wonder if the courtyard at Napoleon House allows cigar smoking.

OLS
03-19-2012, 12:15 PM
I hate to ALWAYS state the same thing, but if you are in New Orleans for more than a day, you owe it to your
BRAIN, EYES and all the senses to get on the streetcar at Canal at Carondolet and ride it uptown to MAYAN IMPORTS
on Magazine St.

http://www.bigeasytobacconist.com/

You get off at Sixth Street then walk 5 block south to the corner of Seventh and Magazine Sts. You will love it.
I think it is the best non-tourist atmosphere of any cigar establishment in the city...Certainly the
biggest and most eclectic. While you are off the streetcar, visit Sucre' across the street a few doors down.
Then walk off your gelato that 5 blocks back to the streetcar line on St. Charles and either continue uptown past
Audubon Park and and Tulane, all the way to the riverbend district, then maybe get off and ride her on back to your
hotel, assuming you stay in the quarter. In fact if I was visiting the city, the quarter would be the last place I
would stay. I would find a B&B or condo uptown. Haha, unless you are there for the FQF, lol. But DO ride the streetcar.
You can even ride it out Canal Street now towards the Lake, but to tour the historic Garden District via the St. Charles
Line is a treat....not on the Nat. Register of Historic Places for nuttin.

Chainsaw13
03-19-2012, 12:30 PM
We'll be hitting up Mayan Importers at next months herf. Looking foward to it. I'll also be there for most of FQF. Already in training for the drinking that will commence!

OLS
03-19-2012, 12:31 PM
We'll be hitting up Mayan Importers at next months herf. Looking foward to it. I'll also be there for most of FQF. Already in training for the drinking that will commence!

Are you doing that trip twice a year now, or is this the same weekend as the big herf?
Never mind, better reading answered that question. That time already, huh?
I loved the photos from last year.

Chainsaw13
03-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Yep, same herf. It's sandwiched inbetween FQF and JazzFest. A bunch of us are coming down early to partake in FQF. I get in the Saturday morning and will be there for 9 days.

Chainsaw13
03-19-2012, 12:39 PM
In case anyone's interested in the herf next month, you can get the official word at www.nola-herf.com. The crawl portion kinda goes quick cause it's like trying to herd cats and there's adult libation stops along the way, but the herf/crawfish boil in the afternoon totally rocks. Plus there's all the other official/non-official events.

Fia
03-19-2012, 06:19 PM
Not exactly a B&M but a cool cigar bar with good mojitos and sazeracs is Dos Jefes. Probably about a 15 min cab ride from the Convention Center.

Chainsaw13
03-19-2012, 06:28 PM
Oh yea, Dos Jefes. Smoked a few cigars there while listening to some jazz. Then got caught in a torrential downpour. Fun times.