PDA

View Full Version : R/C plane flying..

larryinlc
12-22-2011, 05:43 PM
you know, when I was a kid, I had a Cox fly by wire model plane. Crashed it into a cornfield within five minutes and it never flew again. This kid's flying is crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzowQtqOM_I

Taki
12-22-2011, 06:05 PM
That is so crazy!!! Amazing that someone has that much control, that kid is ridiculous!!

kgoings
12-22-2011, 07:06 PM
I am at work so I can not see the video, but I have seen some crazy stuff...people flying planes like helicopters...crazy crazy stuff.

I have always wanted to get a remote control airplane. :)

Fordman4ever
12-22-2011, 07:12 PM
That guy is amazing. I'd love to get into RC Planes. Pretty expensive to start up though.

ApexAZ
12-22-2011, 10:13 PM
I never saw someone cut grass with a RC plan before.

RevSmoke
12-22-2011, 10:19 PM
That guy is amazing. Always wanted to do this, but didn't want to "wreck" a couple hundred dollars smashing it into the ground.

RGD.
12-22-2011, 11:13 PM
R/C anything is really pretty cool stuff. Once you get into it, get a few wrecks under your belt it actually becomes pretty routine.

That guy is corporate sponsored. Meaning that they supply him with the toys and actually pay him to fly.

I raced R/C cars (NASCAR style) competitively for about 12 years. Imagine 12 to 16 cars hitting 40/50 mph on a high speed high banked 400 foot track racing door to door and bumper to bumper. And yes it does get expensive. Thought nothing of it to spend a $100 bucks to gain a few 10ths of second on the track. My race car as it sits has about $2600 in parts in it. Teamed up with a friend to form our own little race team. He would mount, cut and stagger our tires for race days (three sets each) and I would handle the motors - 4 each for race day. Heck I've still got my com cutter and dyno in the shop somewhere.

Lot of fun times.

Ron

chachee52
12-23-2011, 05:10 AM
There are a couple RC plane fields around my area. Every once in a while I'll go over and just watch them fly. It is amazing to watch them just throw it around.
I will just keep my RCing to my sailboat and SuperGator boat!! When they crash, at least it's in water so not much damage

maninblack
12-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Wow. That guy has some serious skills.