PDA

View Full Version : New guy, looking for some good cigars.

CigarNewb1
12-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Hey guys, I just joined this forum and am also a new cigar smoker. Looking for some good cigar suggestions. I like the sweeter/smoother cigars, although I like the mild to medium bodied ones as well. I have been smoking the Acid line lately, the Kuba Kuba's and my favorite the Blondie... I like the sweet/nutty/smooth/clove tastes, but am open to anything! Any recommendations would be awesome. Thanks!

Ogre
12-22-2011, 12:39 PM
If you like coffee, try the java line. For mild cigars I would suggest monticristo or Romeo Y Julietta. Both are solid line cigars.

Doctorossi
12-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Have you tried a Fuente Anejo? They meet all of your criteria, but are on the strong side (nicotine-wise).

Also... :we

CigarNewb1
12-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I like drinking coffee but am not to happy with the coffee flavored cigars, I've tried a few and havn't really liked them. I'll have to look at Monticristo and Romeo Y Julietta.

CigarNewb1
12-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Have you tried a Fuente Anejo? They meet all of your criteria, but are on the strong side (nicotine-wise).

Also... :we

I have not tried them yet, I'll have to! Thanks.

Doctorossi
12-22-2011, 12:44 PM
I have not tried them yet, I'll have to! Thanks.

I should also mention that they're on the expensive side.

irratebass
12-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Welcome Newb and yep what Ogre said, the Java chocolates very nice, and speaking of Acids, I really like the #1's or ONES

MrClean
12-22-2011, 01:55 PM
I started smoking the Acid line as well. I started smoking non-infused sticks and hardly ever smoke the sweeter infused ones anymore. I never thought I'd like a 'traditional' stick.

I like the Opulence 3, Tabak Negra and Naturals, all by Drew Estates. The O3 is the sweeter of those.

ApexAZ
12-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Tabak Negra is probably my favorite infused cigar. Not too sweet. Welcome to CA :)

Blak Smyth
12-22-2011, 01:58 PM
I started smoking the Acid line as well. I started smoking non-infused sticks and hardly ever smoke the sweeter infused ones anymore. I never thought I'd like a 'traditional' stick.

I like the Opulence 3, Tabak Negra and Naturals, all by Drew Estates. The O3 is the sweeter of those.

The O3 is such a quality made infused stick, but infused sticks are way way too sweet for me to enjoy.

SteelCityBoy
12-22-2011, 02:13 PM
Welcome aboard! You have come to the right place! Tons of people here that will be happy to push er I mean help you down the slippery slope!

I really got into smoking cigars with the Acid Opulence 3. Since then I haven't had one in a while but I would be willing to wager if you like infused sticks you will love this one!

As for non-infused sticks that are on the mild-med side I would recommend you try the Man O War Virtue. When I first had it I thought it was good but then my palate quickly evolved to the dark side of maduros and more full bodied smokes.

Either way, my suggestion is to just smoke as many different sticks as possible and see what you get into. Try some samplers from different cigar sites and see what direction you go!

Happy Smoking! :D

Big Maduro
12-22-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm preety new myself. If you like sweet and smooth, one I would recomend is the CAO Brazillia. Almost like a desert.

CigarNewb1
12-22-2011, 04:37 PM
Thanks for all the information guys! I really appreciate it!

Dr Voss
12-22-2011, 04:56 PM
If you are looking for something mild-med in a non-flavored Oliva Conn Reserve are good too. Fairly reasonably priced as well.

kelmac07
12-22-2011, 07:00 PM
Welcome to the MADHOUSE!!

CigarNewb1
12-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Haha thanks for the suggestions guys, and the welcoming! - Keep em' coming!

proguy747
12-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Welcome.

Fuente, Liga Privada, Padron.

start with these.

Taki
12-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Welcome Brother!!

danreeve
12-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Welcome to the fun,

for something mild but full of flavor try the EPC New wave Connecticut, for slightly stronger and a totally different taste try the El triunfador line.

Report back what you try and like, that's the fun part.

Dan

BnBTobacco
12-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Hi, welcome to the forum. I'd recommend Dutch Masters Cigars.

CigarNewb1
12-22-2011, 10:20 PM
Awesome, thanks for all the suggestions - now I need all the money to buy all the suggestions! haha

Big Maduro
12-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Hock the wife's jewelry.......Not that I would do that.

Mugen910
12-22-2011, 11:30 PM
I suggest buying a sampler off those cigar sites..then take time to enjoy them and learn what you like and dislike. Everyone has different taste buds and flavor pallettes so one person's wow cigar could be another's blah cigar.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sonic04GT
12-23-2011, 12:32 AM
Definitely try the Java Maduro. It's the only Java I've had but it was great and very chocolaty.

Also give the Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story a shot. I'm new as well and I really enjoyed it. Little 45 minute smoke.

If you like infused stuff then this is a good sampler. One of the first I ordered.
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/proddisp.asp?item=SP-CIDD177&stext=infused%20samplerinfused%20sampler

and this
http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?prod=SP-CIGASST104-2

Salvelinus
12-23-2011, 08:54 AM
I think you'd probably enjoy an Oliva G maduro if you're looking to make the move from infused smokes. Seems to fit right into that medium slot for me.

ktblunden
12-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Man O War Virtue
Oliva G (Natural or Maduro, they're both good)
Romeo y Julieta 1875
Nub (any wrapper is pretty good, these are great to see the differences between the different types of wrapper leaf)
Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 or 1992 (pretty much the only RP cigars I've ever liked)

Any of these are great offerings around about the mild-medium range and can be had for not too much money.

Sonic04GT
12-23-2011, 10:05 AM
I think you'd probably enjoy an Oliva G maduro if you're looking to make the move from infused smokes. Seems to fit right into that medium slot for me.

I picked up a couple Special G's the other day; one Maduro one Cameroon. Excited to try them. Never had an Oliva although I have O and G robustos in the humi and a V that needs to freeze and join the rest.

ApexAZ
12-23-2011, 10:37 AM
Go for a Work of Art Maduro! Very smooth and delicious!

Salvelinus
12-23-2011, 10:48 AM
I picked up a couple Special G's the other day; one Maduro one Cameroon. Excited to try them. Never had an Oliva although I have O and G robustos in the humi and a V that needs to freeze and join the rest.

I enjoy all of them, with the V's being my favorite. I figured the OP would like the G maddies more than the V's as the V's fall more on the Full side of the spectrum.

ktblunden
12-23-2011, 12:29 PM

I love the Special G. It makes for a great winter smoke and packs a lot of flavor into a little package.

ApexAZ
12-23-2011, 01:08 PM
I haven't really been a fan of any Oliva except for the cains and the nubs.

RobR1205
12-30-2011, 03:56 PM
Here's a couple of my favorite lighter smokes:

Man O' War Virtue
5 Vegas Classic - Panatella
Ave Maria

SpruceBruce
12-31-2011, 05:08 AM
I thought I was a fan of of the milder smokes too, but I am rapidly moving more towards the medium/full body stuff.

That being said, I've enjoyed these milder ones along the way:
Rocky Patel American Market
CAO Gold
Oliva Serie G