PDA

View Full Version : It's that Devil site again!

Crownedone
12-21-2011, 08:44 PM
I don't have a phone number or a sponsor to call when I surcom to the Devil so here I am trying to not go back and look some more. I figured what the heck I'll just take a peeky,...right no harm...right? Crap I am weak...I swear it wasn't me placing those bids...

Well...ok it was me. But..but..they were some great deals. I figure no one really going to pay much attention this close to Christmas maybe I can score some...oh, I'm so pathetic...do the grandchildren really need all those toys? I mean come on, they are some great smokes.

I just hope the wife doesn't find this site...I am so toast...weak toast.

deadrise
12-21-2011, 08:46 PM
:r:r:r:r:r

sevans105
12-21-2011, 08:58 PM
So so so so feeling the pain brother. Learned that medicated bids cost just as much as sober ones. I think I have a couple hundred cigars coming next week. I made Dani change my password. Why did I think I needed a whole box of Punishers???

Newbie_nick
12-21-2011, 09:06 PM
I don't have a phone number or a sponsor to call when I surcom to the Devil so here I am trying to not go back and look some more. I figured what the heck I'll just take a peeky,...right no harm...right? Crap I am weak...I swear it wasn't me placing those bids...

Well...ok it was me. But..but..they were some great deals. I figure no one really going to pay much attention this close to Christmas maybe I can score some...oh, I'm so pathetic...do the grandchildren really need all those toys? I mean come on, they are some great smokes.

I just hope the wife doesn't find this site...I am so toast...weak toast.

I have a solution for you. Just change the shipping address on your account to MY address. That way, you're wife won't discover your incoming sticks! :r

deadrise
12-21-2011, 09:15 PM
lol those punishes are hard to resist!!!! yea I have been playing in the singles section got 34 cigars for $76 after shipping last week.
and 22 for 70 this week but also got a God of Fire Serie B in this order for my new years maduro

me :gary my wife

Crownedone
12-21-2011, 09:18 PM
I have a solution for you. Just change the shipping address on your account to MY address. That way, you're wife won't discover your incoming sticks!

Now thats an Idea, but its a heck of a drive from Florida just to graba smoke.

never_enough
12-21-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm with you. I didn't look at it for 2 weeks. Then I caved. I just can't help it.

sevans105
12-21-2011, 09:26 PM
Singles, nothing. I bid on (and unfortunately won) boxes and boxes of stuff. I've got shirts in the wrong size coming. Multiple lighters and cutters.....apparently if it was shiny, I bid on it. Holy crap. I bought multiple boxes of the same cigars in different vitolas for very different prices. Heck of a week.

Newbie_nick
12-22-2011, 05:29 AM
Singles, nothing. I bid on (and unfortunately won) boxes and boxes of stuff. I've got shirts in the wrong size coming. Multiple lighters and cutters.....apparently if it was shiny, I bid on it. Holy crap. I bought multiple boxes of the same cigars in different vitolas for very different prices. Heck of a week.

:lr:lr:lr

Taki
12-22-2011, 05:49 AM
:r:r:r

Blak Smyth
12-22-2011, 06:42 AM

:r

sevans105
12-22-2011, 07:34 AM
Glad my pain could brighten your day. Anything for you guys. I'm gonna go smash my hand in a door. Il be sure to get pics for you guys.

irratebass
12-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Glad my pain could brighten your day. Anything for you guys. I'm gonna go smash my hand in a door. Il be sure to get pics for you guys.

:wo

never_enough
12-22-2011, 09:29 AM

Sounds like a fun night

mase
12-22-2011, 09:38 AM
Reminds me of something my cousin did. Got drunk, watching late night TV. 2 weeks later, he got a 2 CD boxset from John Denver. I bet those CDs are still in the original packaging.

irratebass
12-22-2011, 09:39 AM
Reminds me of something my cousin did. Got drunk, watching late night TV. 2 weeks later, he got a 2 CD boxset from John Denver. I bet those CDs are still in the original packaging.

:lr

Hey, I like John Denver :su

elderboy02
12-22-2011, 09:47 AM
:lr

Hey, I like John Denver :su

+1. John Denver was a motha freaking pimp! :banger

sevans105
12-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Yeah...pretty sure I'm gonna have to have a "Scott-got-trashed-and bought-way-too much-stuff" sale pretty soon. So not good.

irratebass
12-22-2011, 09:54 AM
Yeah...pretty sure I'm gonna have to have a "Scott-got-trashed-and bought-way-too much-stuff" sale pretty soon. So not good.

:wo
Just wait till the beginning of the new year when I get my card back :tu

never_enough
12-22-2011, 09:54 AM
I say you should just smoke more Scott. Would solve the problem.

Well, not the wrong size shirts :r

ApexAZ
12-22-2011, 02:05 PM

lol :r

kingcobradude
12-22-2011, 09:54 PM
As a 00b, I must ask, what is the devils site?

chaase321
12-22-2011, 09:58 PM

Send away Scott...no way in heck could I not use some of the things you are getting! :r :r :r

chaase321
12-22-2011, 10:00 PM

i would imagine 00b = noob?

the devil site = cigarbid.com brother...trust me, DO NOT GO THERE, unless you have ALOT of room to store smokes! :r :r

sevans105
12-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Oh....and make sure you are sober....even clean it's tough to resist. Messed up, it is irresistible.

ApexAZ
12-22-2011, 10:33 PM
Maybe I should start a business installing breathalizer machines on cigar enthusiest computers. If you blow anything over a .05, the computer won't turn on.

Savor the Stick
12-22-2011, 11:18 PM

:r:r:r

You do not want to know!

i would imagine 00b = noob?

the devil site = cigarbid.com brother...trust me, DO NOT GO THERE, unless you have ALOT of room to store smokes!

AH Man what are you doing? The poor guy doesn't have any built up resistance yet.

Just want to laugh at all the newbies.....been there done that.

:r:r

kingcobradude
12-22-2011, 11:43 PM
I dont drink, but why do you say to remain completely sober? arent we all trying to build up a collecton? and I have plenty of room

sevans105
12-22-2011, 11:50 PM
Yeah....read my other posts. Theres building a collection and then there is just stupidly buying everything that was up for sale. Sadly ( humorouslyfor you guys) I did the second method.

Savor the Stick
12-23-2011, 12:21 AM
Yeah....read my other posts. There's building a collection and then there is just stupidly buying everything that was up for sale. Sadly ( humorously for you guys) I did the second method.

Sorry Scott Didn't mean to hurt you...I just know exactly what you are going thru.

My Condolences:sad

sevans105
12-23-2011, 01:17 AM
No hurt taken Kevin, you don't survive as the oldest of 7 kids...6 of them boys..without a moderately thick skin. Besides, I think it's kinda funny too. if it wasn't me, I'd think it was frikkin hilarious. I have no problem being the"bad example"object lesson.

Besides, now I have TONS of bomb ammo! Kinda excited about that part of this comedic tragedy.

kingcobradude
12-23-2011, 01:43 AM
My aunt once said you can never have enough ammo Scott. Im checking out the site now

Crownedone
12-23-2011, 06:34 AM
I dont drink, but why do you say to remain completely sober? arent we all trying to build up a collecton? and I have plenty of room

You just got to love that type of enthusiasm...Oh..by the way,start drinking it helps.

RevSmoke
12-23-2011, 07:32 AM
I just don't get this. I have visited the "devil site" on numerous occasions and never, repeat, NEVER purchased anything from there.

Why?

Never found a price on anything that I wanted to buy, which was significantly better than prices I had on other sites. I have seen lots of cigars I wanted, but the bids were already at, or above, prices I had at other retailers.

For example, with 11 hours left, they have a box of AF Hemingway Signatures up and the price is already $130. What it will be as the feeding frenzy starts is anybody's guess. I can get them for $!49 every day at another site - with free shipping. Is it worth the effort to bid on them to save what, a couple bucks? If even that once the bidding is over? No, it isn't.

Again, there is a box of 601 blue toros presently at $79 with 11.5 hours left. I can get them for $90 and free shipping. What's the big deal? They'll be over that when they finally go in that time.

The other thing is, the stuff I want usually goes high. Sure, I could get a snot-load of cigars there cheaper than other places, but nothing that I really want to smoke.

I hear (read) people complain about how they lost their minds at the devil site all the time.

Come on guys, grow some will-power, you sound like a bunch of girls caught up in the rage of black Friday.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

RevSmoke
12-23-2011, 07:36 AM
Here's the cart on another site - if I chose to pull the trigger.
Boxes of: AVO Heritage Short Robustos, El Rey del Mundo Robustos, Kristoff Maduro Corona, and a Stinky for $270.39. And that is at their regular prices.

I won't, it is a wonderful dream. It is like window shopping. But, I don't have the disposable income available at this time to do so.

goomer
12-23-2011, 08:01 AM
I like the freefall part of the site. I only pull the trigger if I can get a good cigar for under $3.

Big Maduro
12-23-2011, 09:04 AM
Dang, I didn't get to you in time. I asked this very same question. Now it has me in it's hold. Use parental controls on your computer to block it,before it's too late.

mkarnold1
12-23-2011, 09:06 AM
I really like the Pioneer Valley Maduros and can get them considerably cheaper on the devil site than they are priced at CI. I haven't seen them anywhere else, but haven't looked that hard as they are inexpensive. I got a box of toros for $28 plus $6 shipping, On CI they are $49.95 + s/h.

sevans105
12-23-2011, 09:56 AM
I just don't get this. I have visited the "devil site" on numerous occasions and never, repeat, NEVER purchased anything from there.

Why?

Never found a price on anything that I wanted to buy, which was significantly better than prices I had on other sites. I have seen lots of cigars I wanted, but the bids were already at, or above, prices I had at other retailers.

For example, with 11 hours left, they have a box of AF Hemingway Signatures up and the price is already $130. What it will be as the feeding frenzy starts is anybody's guess. I can get them for $!49 every day at another site - with free shipping. Is it worth the effort to bid on them to save what, a couple bucks? If even that once the bidding is over? No, it isn't.

Again, there is a box of 601 blue toros presently at $79 with 11.5 hours left. I can get them for $90 and free shipping. What's the big deal? They'll be over that when they finally go in that time.

The other thing is, the stuff I want usually goes high. Sure, I could get a snot-load of cigars there cheaper than other places, but nothing that I really want to smoke.

I hear (read) people complain about how they lost their minds at the devil site all the time.

Come on guys, grow some will-power, you sound like a bunch of girls caught up in the rage of black Friday.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Rev is right. For the high end stuff, cbid is rarely that good of a deal. However, for the mid range stuff, lookout! I actually have two separate humidor collections.....one for all my friends who I keep supplied, and one for ME. Cbid is great for finding decent sticks for a couple bucks a piece. Nothing awesome....no Opus X's or rare Tatuaje's but definitely decent stuff that usually run 5 to 7 a piece other places.
And it's kind of addicting to try and get the deals.

ApexAZ
12-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Rev is right. For the high end stuff, cbid is rarely that good of a deal. However, for the mid range stuff, lookout! I actually have two separate humidor collections.....one for all my friends who I keep supplied, and one for ME. Cbid is great for finding decent sticks for a couple bucks a piece. Nothing awesome....no Opus X's or rare Tatuaje's but definitely decent stuff that usually run 5 to 7 a piece other places.
And it's kind of addicting to try and get the deals.

I could go even farther by saying, most of the more expensive limited edition type cigars can be found for even less in a B&M compared to online retailers. At least this has been my experience.

I've found lots of good deals on cigarbid and cigarauctioneer, but I don't expect to be buying anything other than $3-$7 cigars.