PDA

View Full Version : the quesada family mystery cigar

coty
12-19-2011, 11:17 PM
The Quesada Family, found this in the store and figured I would review it because it is one of the cigars people often pick when they are choosing an "economy" cigar in our store.

This cigar had very little info on it besides that it is a 6x60, Sumatran wrapper holding dom and nic filler that could be verified.

I fear this could go south quickly, but you only know if you try.

This cigar looks fare on the outside and the construction feels pretty solid so time for a quick snip and a draw...

The pre-light draw has some serious air flow, the taste is rather "airy."

I present some fire from my trusty tek torch and away we go.

First few puffs give a mixture of hay and earth taste, very light in flavor to be such a larger cigar i.m.o.

Okay about 10 draws and we find flavor and spice. This cigar still has an earthy taste that is now accompanied by some spicy notes (which I happen to like). It's very smooth at the moment and reminds me of the Perdomo Habano diluted to about half strength. Its also has a few burn issues about an inch into it. Another thing worth noteing is an ever so slight pine wood smoke taste.

2/3 mark reveals a little more spice and sweetness, has held the ash so far and no more burn issues and earth and hay are long gone. I still can't trump the pine smoke, it is faint but there. It no loner resembles a Perdomo any more either.

The 3rd section isn't putting anything new just a little more spice. It has, however, began to burn unevenly again. It has lost the sweetness and now is a big loose medium spiced cigar.

I'm sorry I am unable to post pictures, my laptop is down.

Finale tally from me- 5!
Beyond burn issues and a hint of pine, this was not a bad cigar maybe with some age we might become closer. For a 2.50 cigar it wasn't a bad deal. I'll age a few for a year and try again.

HollywoodQue
12-20-2011, 04:30 AM
Thanks for the review :tu

kelmac07
12-20-2011, 05:00 AM
Nice first review Coty. :tu

Taki
12-20-2011, 05:39 AM
Great job brother...thanks for sharing :tu

Blak Smyth
12-20-2011, 05:45 AM
Good review, thanks.

coty
12-20-2011, 08:54 AM
Much appreciated. Thanks for being patient with the FNG.

irratebass
12-20-2011, 09:37 AM
Nice review :tu Never heard of these

coty
12-20-2011, 12:24 PM
They unfortunately aren't my favorites but I'm reviewing "less than 5 dollar" cigars in the B&M I work at so I become knowledgeable for my customers (based on my opinion and any reviews any one else may have and care to share)