PDA

View Full Version : JC Newman factory throw out 59

coty
12-19-2011, 09:55 PM
First up was a cigar named "Pipes LTD House Blend." With no band I took it apon myself to find out more, after some research and info from a man I consider a mentor/co-worker we found out this. The cigar is a Factory Throw-out 59 made by JC Newman out of Tampa FL. It has a Ecquadorian sungrown wrapper, a homogenizated binder and no information on the filler could be verfied.
The look of this cigar isn't pleasant. The wrapper looks like a paler, veiny, connecticut. The construct however feels solid.

Now for the cut and pre-light draw- Rasin and cardboard...

I break out the fire maker and toast the foot, the first draw reminds me of the cusano 18. It's a start that can go either way.

After a couple puffs you get the cream of a connecticut and a little bite of spice, I am running into an odd mixture of cream and spice with a card board under tone. The cigar is notably mello at the moment.

I've hit the 2/3 mark with little change the body is coming on a little stronger making it mild at best, however there is alot more spice and less cream and cardboard going on, which is good for me. The draw has loosened up and the smoke is flowing better than at the start (which wasn 't bad to begin with).

I have reached the half way mark and am noticeing a "Pepin" style spice, not sure where the cream went but I am drawing spice. The cigar is now a medium body cigar at best down here at the third leg of this race.

It only gets spicier through out the finale portion.

The finale score of this cigar from me is - 4. Being what it is and costing a mear 1.50, I can see why some might buy it. Me personally, I will not be buying anymore, yet they may serve someone else quite well.

I'm now going to check my mailbox again and hope the cigar fairy came buy with a present or lick the front until the taste is gone.

ktblunden
12-20-2011, 07:06 AM
I really enjoy the Factory Throwout 59 and 99. I find them to be much better than they deserve to be at the price.

coty
12-20-2011, 08:51 AM
I completely understand, for the price and being what they are, I can see why some buy them. I reviewed them simply because the B&M I work in sells them alot and I need to be ready to give my opinion and information about them.

irratebass
12-20-2011, 09:38 AM
I like the 99's, haven't had the 59...thanks for the review :tu