PDA

View Full Version : Joya de Nicaragua Fuerte

Big Maduro
12-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Anyone smoke these? I've done some searches,all the post I found wee a few years old. How are they? Taste,burn,

Taki
12-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Its been a while since I have, got some though in the humi so I must have enjoyed them. Sorry for the lack of help

Big Maduro
12-19-2011, 11:59 AM
How about these? Gran Habano 3 Siglos. Sorry I'm just trying to get info. Most of the searches are just too old.

T.G
12-19-2011, 12:15 PM
They're both about the same as what people said about them a few years ago.

One note on the GH 3 Siglos, if it's being sold with that band, it's a few years old now. They changed the name to 3 SLS about two or so years ago. The 3 SLS was just discontinued a few months ago.

dave
12-19-2011, 12:27 PM
dave's short answers:
JdN Fuerte - People who have tastes I generally respect seem to like them. I've tried 4 or 5 and found them to be lacking any enjoyable flavor. Nothing objectionable - just one of those that I sort of look forward to it being over. Won't pitch it. Just won't go looking for another.

GH 3 Siglos (SLS, Triple, etc.) - I never understand why they don't get more love. They're going for under $2 on cbid lately. Unbelieveable. Maybe because they don't have pepper? I don't know. They are medium bodied, lots of great flavor - very little nic-type power. Wonderful smoke in any size. Famous had lanceros under the Triple label that were incredible. I smoked a torp this weekend that was delicious start to finish. If pepper-bombs are the only thing you enjoy, then pass. Otherwise, give them a try.

Skywalker
12-19-2011, 12:29 PM
:tuJoya de Nicaragua Fuerte good smoke for the money!!!:2

bobarian
12-19-2011, 12:32 PM
Generally, as Adam said reviews from the past are not much different than they would be today. Except the original reviewers tastes may have changed. For the most part cigar manufacturers try to blend their cigars as closely as possible to those from the past. :2

Big Maduro
12-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Good info. You guys are a huge help as always. Thanks

NCRadioMan
12-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Usually cigars that have Fuerte in the name, are not so fuerte.

whodeeni
12-20-2011, 12:54 AM
This is just my opinion but the corona gorda's are Great!
I agree with Darrell wholeheartedly! I bought a bundle in '09
when I was just starting out, and buying up the whole CI
catalog (thinking i was getting a great value on a bunch
of BS sticks for the money....Hey, i was a newbie... Whaddya expect!) *lol*

But out of all of my purchases, when I passed them out to
the fella's (all experienced smokers I might add) they kept
coming back to me one by one, saying... Excel, what is this
cigar again? It's Great!!!

I don't know about the other sizes, but had a wonderful experience
with them personally! Hope that helps! :D

Dunkel
12-20-2011, 01:24 AM
I've had the 5.5X52 size and thought it was alright. I got ahold of a fiver of Corona Gordas and thought they were a little better than the 5.5X52 size. One stayed in my humidor for a little over 6 months. I took it to smoke while fishing one morning and it was great.

sevans105
12-20-2011, 01:31 AM
How about these? Gran Habano 3 Siglos. Sorry I'm just trying to get info. Most of the searches are just too old.

Just picked up 2 boxes of these on cbid for $35 a piece. I really dig'em. Not super powerful but consistently nice. Lots of flavor and you can't beat the price!