PDA

View Full Version : Liga Privada L40

T.G
12-16-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm forgoing the typical review format for a live review as I smoke this cigar.

Unconventional, yes. But so is Jonathan.

Just lit up a Liga Privada L40...

Cut - I left my Zino and Palio inside so I just used the scissors in my Leatherman Mircra to cut part of the cap away. Sort of a V, sort of a cats-eye, sort of just making a hole in the head of the cigar.

Lighter - yeah, whatever. Seriously, who cares? It's burning.

Holy crap...

This cigar is jammin.

From the word "GO" this cigar is _there_.

Rich tobacco flavors, a bit of coffee & coco, a hint of spice and pepper. Tons of smoke for such a narrow RG.

...to be continued...

Zeuceone
12-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Are you using any particular ashtray that might enhancing this cigar by using it? What lighter did you use, only way to get your royalties is if you mention it.

DaBear
12-16-2011, 10:55 PM
Are you using any particular ashtray that might enhancing this cigar by using it? What lighter did you use, only way to get your royalties is if you mention it.

:r :r :r

Been dying to try one of these. Gotta find em somewhere.

T.G
12-16-2011, 11:02 PM

Boo-yah! I'm using a hand carved wooden pineapple shaped ashtray.

It's one of those Hawaiian candy dishes from the early 70's that every pasty tourist who went there had to have, but since I scored it for a buck at the SPCA thrift store, it's just an ashtray to me.

Lighter, it was bic. Yeah, a BIC. Read it and weep. A freakin' bic...

(but it had a nifty chrome sleve courtesy of Rebel Yell bourbon).

About halfway through this cigar now, it's solid. Flavors are holding, spice is picking up. Exhaling through the nose and not melting my face off, nice to be able to do that with a Nicaraguan cigar for a change.

T.G
12-16-2011, 11:54 PM
Ok, I've bee remiss, I've let this cigar go out a few times so far as I go in and out of the houe, but no damage done as far as I can tell. This cigar is still kickin' ass

Down to the last few inches of the cigar now. Boo :(

T.G
12-17-2011, 12:27 AM
I could eat this cigar... It's that damn delicious. I smoke a lot of varied cigars, CC and NC, and I haven't tried a cigar that I liked this much in a _long_ time.

I have to admit, I had my doubts about a 40RG Liga, and in a lancero format to boot, but Jon and Saka really knocked it out of the park with this one.

bobarian
12-17-2011, 12:37 AM
Sounds like a winner! Nice review Adam, I'll be on the lookout for these. :banger:tu

Subvet642
12-17-2011, 04:04 AM
Nice review Adam, Funny as hell! What, exactally were you drinking? I'm thinking that had something with to do with your enthusiasm. :ss

LostAbbott
12-17-2011, 05:09 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

longknocker
12-17-2011, 05:14 AM
Nice Review, Adam!:tu Thanks For Making Me Buy More Sticks!:D

maninblack
12-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Great review. May have to find some of these.

Taki
12-17-2011, 09:05 AM
Very Jealous brother...I've been looking everywhere fro one of these sticks!! Great Review :tu

Garbandz
12-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Are these available yet? Seems like they appeared out of nowhere........Jonathan was in my town last week,and there was no mention of them at my local .......

Garbandz
12-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Found them..........Famous shows them.........

T.G
12-18-2011, 12:09 AM
Nice review Adam, Funny as hell! What, exactally were you drinking? I'm thinking that had something with to do with your enthusiasm. :ss

Yes and no.

The cigar really was that damn good. There was a savory richness in the flavors that I haven't found in many other cigars.

To answer your question - some fresh Dopplebock from the local brewery (Sudwerk).

The thing is, all of these things affect us when we smoke a cigar, so why should the review be any different?

I've done many of the long analytical reviews in the past. To me, they were just emotionless technical documents. I'd read them back to myself and all I'd hear the teacher's voice from Charles Schultz's Peanuts comics "Wah-wah, woooh wah wah wah wah wa."

How the capa looked, how the cigar smelled, the cut, if the cutter was produced on a Tuesday or a Friday, the lighter, the color of the ash, how the cigar was at X-inches in, and so on. All the crap I didn't care about. They conveyed everything except real emotions and feelings.

The most important thing about a cigar... the enjoyment. They didn't have that. So what if they told you the flavors. I've had a ton of shitty cigars that can be described as "coffee, roasted tobacco, etc...". Lot of good those descriptions do if they aren't bound to something.

We smoke cigars for the enjoyment and relaxation. Not to see what color the ash turns.

SteelCityBoy
12-18-2011, 10:41 AM
These peek my interest more and more each time I hear or read about them...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

LigaPrivadaT84
12-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the sneak peek; can't wait to get my hands on my own.
:tu