PDA

View Full Version : Effing Rain :(

Flounder
12-15-2011, 09:15 PM
So, today was my last day of classes before 3 weeks of break. I had 2 tests. I over slept the first one, but the professor gave me a break saying I could write a paper to make up for the missed points, thanks to the lord.

Needless to say, I was ready for a smoke as I left campus, and the rain had fizzled off to a light mist. I was pumped for a smoke when I got home. I got back to my apartment, it had stopped raining, and I was thinking "sweet!" So I unwrapped my new hygrometer, had that set to be calibrated, ran my Heartfelt tube under the spritzer, and got that in the cooler. Still no rain, too good to be true right?

So I take out my Pinar Del Rio lancer, cut it, grab my lighter, turn around and it is in a state of absolute down pour outside, no cigar for me.

It's mid December in Upstate NY and it's 45 and raining?! I can deal with smoking in the snow, you don't get wet in the snow, so the rain kept me inside.

Luckily for me, the rain has stopped, and I have sworn to myself that I WILL smoke the PDR tonight, even if it means sitting in my car with the radio on after the movie I am watching with my roomate and his girlfriend gets over.

Ogre
12-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Now thats dedication. Hope its a great smoke!!!!

never_enough
12-15-2011, 09:19 PM
I squeezed in a smoke today between the rain showers.

Forget the movie, just go enjoy the cigar!

D Man
12-15-2011, 09:21 PM
I went in my car today for a smoke while it rained here in Cleveland.

Flounder
12-15-2011, 09:25 PM
It's a good movie. The Edge, with Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin. One of my favorites.

Either of you guys have any experience with the Pinar Del Rio? Habano Sun Grown, about to look it up for reviews.

ApexAZ
12-15-2011, 09:38 PM
I'm coughing up both lungs today after fighting this crud for 3 weeks . Cough just won't go away and it's 500x worse today. So now I'm in sitting at urgent care waiting to see a doctor. I won't be smoking at all today! :(

Flounder
12-15-2011, 09:43 PM
I'm coughing up both lungs today after fighting this crud for 3 weeks . Cough just won't go away and it's 500x worse today. So now I'm in sitting at urgent care waiting to see a doctor. I won't be smoking at all today! :(

What are you talking about? I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to light up in the waiting room, just keep it on the DL, I hear it's frowned upon.

But in all seriousness, get well, brother.

ApexAZ
12-15-2011, 10:14 PM
I wish I could but I just wouldn't even be able to smoke it I'm coughing so bad. Bronchitis. Yuck! I was hoping to burn a Roxy that Andrew sent this weekend and that's not looking too plausible right about now.

By the way I'm not trying to hijack your thread. Just envious you have options!

Flounder
12-15-2011, 11:03 PM
I wish I could but I just wouldn't even be able to smoke it I'm coughing so bad. Bronchitis. Yuck! I was hoping to burn a Roxy that Andrew sent this weekend and that's not looking too plausible right about now.

By the way I'm not trying to hijack your thread. Just envious you have options!

No worries, I started this as a BS thread that is still cigar related. I went outside and smoked it, and it was delicious, never been so relaxed standing on my back stoop in a December thunder storm.

I'm going to post a review of the stick in the reviews shortly. Smoked it too fast I think, definitely buzzing off the nicotine.

celtic250
12-15-2011, 11:56 PM
I actually smoked a tasty Ashton VSG after my last final today. Feels good to be done with finals.

Flounder
12-16-2011, 12:08 AM
I actually smoked a tasty Ashton VSG after my last final today. Feels good to be done with finals.

We're on the quarter system, so that means:

10 weeks of classes start on Labor day
1 week for finals
1 week off for Thanks giving

3 weeks of class
3 weeks off for holidays
7 weeks of class
1 week for finals
1 week off

10 weeks of classes
1 week for finals

Summer.

Repeat.

celtic250
12-16-2011, 12:22 AM
We're on the quarter system, so that means:

10 weeks of classes start on Labor day
1 week for finals
1 week off for Thanks giving

3 weeks of class
3 weeks off for holidays
7 weeks of class
1 week for finals
1 week off

10 weeks of classes
1 week for finals

Summer.

Repeat.

That would be wild. I am on semesters so I am looking forward to the month off. Hope your tests went well and you get some good weather for your future smokes! -(P

Flounder
12-16-2011, 12:36 AM
I'd take the snow over this rain any day, that's for sure. My fall quarter ended alright, 2.66, 2 B's and a C, which is decent, recovering from 2 years of awful grades in the wrong field, just trying to get my GPA to where I can transfer into a History school.

You're new to CA (relatively), how long have you been smoking?

I started with "real" cigars my freshmen year of college, kid on my floor turned me on to them (in my third year now).

celtic250
12-16-2011, 12:46 AM
I'd take the snow over this rain any day, that's for sure. My fall quarter ended alright, 2.66, 2 B's and a C, which is decent, recovering from 2 years of awful grades in the wrong field, just trying to get my GPA to where I can transfer into a History school.

You're new to CA (relatively), how long have you been smoking?

I started with "real" cigars my freshmen year of college, kid on my floor turned me on to them (in my third year now).

Been smoking steadily for about a year and a half now. I hear you on getting the grades up. I jumped right into college not really knowing what I wanted to do and ended up taking a couple years in business before realizing that I didn't want to do that and took a year off before going back for Rangeland Ecology. Got 5 classes left and ready to get out into the work world.

Flounder
12-16-2011, 12:50 AM
Been smoking steadily for about a year and a half now. I hear you on getting the grades up. I jumped right into college not really knowing what I wanted to do and ended up taking a couple years in business before realizing that I didn't want to do that and took a year off before going back for Rangeland Ecology. Got 5 classes left and ready to get out into the work world.

I started in business myself, largely because I didn't have a clue what I wanted from life. The business program at my school blows, so I did IT for a few quarters until I realized that I was NOT spending the rest of my life punching code. My passion was history and I decided to go with that, only my school doesn't have a history program. So I am trying to patch together a "create your own major" deal, and it's awful, so trying to get out of here.

celtic250
12-16-2011, 12:56 AM
I started in business myself, largely because I didn't have a clue what I wanted from life. The business program at my school blows, so I did IT for a few quarters until I realized that I was NOT spending the rest of my life punching code. My passion was history and I decided to go with that, only my school doesn't have a history program. So I am trying to patch together a "create your own major" deal, and it's awful, so trying to get out of here.

Good call on going with your passion. No need to do something for the rest of your life that you don't love. Good luck with figuring everything out. Hope it works out.

Stephen
12-16-2011, 03:18 AM
So, today was my last day of classes before 3 weeks of break. I had 2 tests. I over slept the first one

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

irratebass
12-16-2011, 04:03 AM
Congrats Ethan & Greg on the smokes!!! Brian, get better bro

celtic250
12-16-2011, 10:21 AM
Congrats Ethan & Greg on the smokes!!! Brian, get better bro

Thanks!! -(P

kelmac07
12-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Ethan...don't they have umbrellas in NY? :r :r

Flounder
12-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Ethan...don't they have umbrellas in NY? :r :r

None that I own, it started pouring again just a few minutes after I lit up. I stood on the to step of my back stoop, so I was just protected from the little lip 20 feet up.

pektel
12-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

:r :tu Took me a second. At first I thought, "that's a really mean thing to say." Then I put the Flounder avatar into the picture... I know what I'm watching tonight now! The super secret double probation edition, even. :D

Flounder
12-16-2011, 12:34 PM
:r :tu Took me a second. At first I thought, "that's a really mean thing to say." Then I put the Flounder avatar into the picture... I know what I'm watching tonight now! The super secret double probation edition, even. :D

I've gotta buy that movie, one of my favorites. My first day at work last year, my boss felt that I looked like Flounder (his life revolves around Belushi, Aykroyd, and other 80's comedians), so he started calling me "Flounder" before he ever even learned my real name, and so it stuck.