PDA

View Full Version : Any car sales people out there? Advice pliz

hotreds
12-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Having an interview on Thursday for Toyota as an "internet" salesman. Was told this is not the stereotypical "used car salesman" position. Much more laid back. Was wondering if anybody out there can comment on this type of job or car sales in general.

14holestogie
12-13-2011, 05:37 PM
I bought a new vehicle a few years back from an "internet salesperson".
It is quite a bit different from a cold call sales position. The customer knows pretty well when he comes in what he's going to have to pay. Still a little negotiating once you get the customer in the door, but more often than not, if they're coming in the door, they're looking to buy.

Good luck on the interview, Hugh.

Taki
12-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Good Luck Brother....:tu I don't know much about it but I am sure you will do great :tu

MikeyC
12-13-2011, 06:16 PM
A couple of my friends were internet sales people at dealerships. Basically, they would work with the customer via email and on the phone answering questions, etc and doing their best to get the customer in the door. Once the customer stepped inside the dealership they would hand them off to a salesperson working on the floor.

As others have said, it's pretty different from the traditional car salesman job. If someone gets in contact with you it's because they want a car. So, no cold calling which many people find uncomfortable.

hotreds
12-14-2011, 12:04 PM
bumperino

elderboy02
12-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Good luck Hugh! :tu

irratebass
12-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Good Luck Hugh!

GreekGodX
12-14-2011, 12:21 PM
I dealt with a bunch of them back when I bought my car. The better ones I dealt with were very enthusiastic about selling and did little personal things that made the experience better. For example one guy made a personalized video to me going through the inside and all the features of the car I was looking to buy. I thought it was cool. All of them openly negotiated through email so I would still say you have to be able to negotiate like a used car salesman.
Some of the bad ones basically treated it like I wasn't going to buy a car or straight up lied about the discounts they were able to get. Plus there was 1 that wouldn't talk price unless I came in because they didn't want to be held to whatever price he quoted me online. I never visited that dealership.
Just my experience with them. You have to be internet savvy and be able to come off well through online conversation.

Good Luck Hugh!

BlkDrew
12-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Good luck, hopefully your boss smokes cigars.
Any jobs these days is good news.

e-man67
12-14-2011, 12:34 PM
Good Luck Hugh!