PDA

View Full Version : My B&M Hooked Me Up ANEJO style!!

Waynegro1
11-29-2008, 10:07 PM
I was at my B&M (a few days ago) and was happy to see the Anejo's had showed up. I saw three boxes of various sizes and was sad to find out that the box of Sharks they had gotten was already gone. So, I bought 5 Anejo 50's and 6 Anejo 46's. Since they were selling each at MSRP I wanted to give the other BOTL's that frequent the shop a chance.

This morning I couldn't help myself and went back to see what was left. One of my favorite employee's of the shop, said they had about (5) 46's left and of course, I said I'd take them. I also told him I wish they had a whole box because I would love to buy a box. He smiled a black tooth grin and said, "Well, we do have another box of 46's and it's yours if you leave the five you were going to buy."
The rest is history, as they say. I'm so happy I just had to share my excitement with everyone!! (my wife wasn't as happy with my find, for some reason).

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/picture.php?albumid=114&pictureid=664

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/picture.php?albumid=114&pictureid=665

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/picture.php?albumid=114&pictureid=666

You can believe I'll be sharing many of these with some deserving BOTL's in a Xmas bomb or eight!!:ss

acarr
11-29-2008, 10:16 PM
Congratulations on the find!

groogs
11-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Nice grab, I am glad you were able to get a box of smokes you will enjoy. I am sure my wife would be less then pleased if I came home with another box of smokes.

DrDubzz
11-29-2008, 10:35 PM
awesome!! make sure that employee gets a lil sumsum and I imagine things like this will happen again.

that's cool man, enjoy those

Pyrokin
11-29-2008, 10:39 PM
Anejo's are a great smoke, good find, Hope you get some sharks =)

zmancbr
11-30-2008, 01:26 AM
Nice I just love the 46s! Best damn size! :ss

TripleF
11-30-2008, 06:27 AM
Nice score bro!! Well done! :tu

rsamos
11-30-2008, 07:34 AM
A big +1 to the thought of taking care of the employee that hooked you up.

Very nice score. Ya can't find these anywhere near MSRP around here - congrats on the find. :tu

ucla695
11-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Great haul!! Be sure to take care of that employee. :tu

Waynegro1
11-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Great haul!! Be sure to take care of that employee. :tu

When I buy a box or get hooked up I usually give the fella some of the spoils. This is one time I didn't and you guys are right, I need to. I was in a huge rush and my son was playing with the "White House" humidor like it was a future home for his action figures. He say's he wants it for Christmas, I says to him, "So do I son, so do I."
I'll be back at the shop tomorrow and be sure to hook my man up.
Thanks for the kind words guys!!

Don Fernando
11-30-2008, 11:15 AM
nice purchase

Pat1075
11-30-2008, 11:20 AM
very nice haul

MarkinAZ
11-30-2008, 11:31 AM
Nice purchase Wayne! You never know whats a lurking in your local B&M until you ask:ss

shvictor
11-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Do the Anejos really live up to the hype? I keep hearing a lot of things about them. If you could compare it to another cigar what would that cigar be??

Waynegro1
11-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Do the Anejos really live up to the hype? I keep hearing a lot of things about them. If you could compare it to another cigar what would that cigar be??

I believe they do live up to the hype, but with all cigars it's a matter of opinion. The best thing I can compare it to is the Opus X line. That's pretty much what these are except with a Connecticut maduro wrapper (aged in cognac barrels). The Anejo isn't quite as full bodied as the Opus either, it's really got a nice "sweetness" to it, but not overpowering, very subtle. I love this cigar, it's in my top 5 easily.

It's got the nicest burn I've seen, no touch up's through out. The draw, forget about it!! You know a cigar has a spectacular draw when you finish the stogie and didn't once think about the draw. The flavor has a very nice mixture of sweetness, spices, pepper, but never overpowering. The cigar never get's bitter or hot through the entire smoking session.
I don't know what else to say. You just have to try one my friend.