PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Try a CAO Lx2

acarr
11-29-2008, 09:32 PM
I tried one of these today and am not sure if these should be stored at a low rh or what. It was smoked right out of the cigar store so it might have been on the wet side but the burn was more uneven than anything I have ever seen. Anybody have any experience with them? I will be getting more because this thing had an incredible taste.

BamBam
11-29-2008, 10:08 PM
I tried one of these today and am not sure if these should be stored at a low rh or what. It was smoked right out of the cigar store so it might have been on the wet side but the burn was more uneven than anything I have ever seen. Anybody have any experience with them? I will be getting more because this thing had an incredible taste.

CAO's have always burned uneven for me...always

Waynegro1
11-29-2008, 10:15 PM
I haven't been able to get my hands on one yet. My B&M said they'll be getting them in next week. So, I'll get my hands on a few then.
I'm the opposite of BamBam as far as burn problems. The only CAO I've had problems with was a box of MX2's. The box of MX2's I have has given me many burn and draw problems. Besides that, I've never had a problem with CAO as far as the "burn" goes.

ScottishSmoker
11-29-2008, 11:03 PM
I got a robusto at the IPCPR...by far...one of my LEAST favorite cigars I smoked at the event. It tasted like someone mowed a field next to a tobacco field...took those clippings, rolled them in an unusable Backwoods wrapper...slapped on a $10 label...and hyped them to the max. Come to think of it, I down right hated it. The worst thing is since, the local CAO rep has given me 2 Ginormous Torpedos...yay me...

auburnfan1980
11-29-2008, 11:24 PM
I got a robusto at the IPCPR...by far...one of my LEAST favorite cigars I smoked at the event. It tasted like someone mowed a field next to a tobacco field...took those clippings, rolled them in an unusable Backwoods wrapper...slapped on a $10 label...and hyped them to the max. Come to think of it, I down right hated it. The worst thing is since, the local CAO rep has given me 2 Ginormous Torpedos...yay me...

Wow...diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, i s'pose. I just wrote a review of this cigar in the reviews section, and I LOVED this cigar. I'm not a huge fan of CAO's stuff, but I do think their prior reputation on this board will keep many from trying or even enjoying this stick. If you guys would like to see my review, please do so and add comments here:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5178

Jason

Genetic Defect
11-29-2008, 11:25 PM

looks like another cigar I will like:cb

acarr
11-30-2008, 07:55 AM
This cigar I though was tasty as can be but the burn issues were the worst. It could have just been that they just got off the truck and need a little dry boxing or resting at 65% for a while.

Doogie
11-30-2008, 08:18 AM
I enjoyed the cigar, i had no burn issues

Shadow
12-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Was gifted one and the construction was excellent. Very tasty cigar.

Scott1966
12-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Haven't tried one yet.