PDA

View Full Version : Picking cigars

Big Maduro
12-09-2011, 11:54 AM
I've been obsessing about cigars with the internet. My local B&M has been a great help also. To me it's a lot of fun researching a stick,then trying it out. That's all. I just wanted to say I'm really enjoying my new found hobby.Learning to differentiate between the different flavors and nuances of each stick is fun and relaxing. Awesome.

Doctorossi
12-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Hard to beat, ain't it? :tu

Sonic04GT
12-09-2011, 12:13 PM
I think it's going to take me a long time, if ever, before I can differentiate the flavors haha I just taste tobacco, but I've only been smoking 1-2 a week for 3 months. I can at least tell what I do and don't like though :D Java, LGC, and Punch have been pretty tasty with Java in the lead.

T.G
12-09-2011, 12:24 PM
Vinegar, salt, chopped garlic, coriander seed, mustard seed, dill seed, bay leaf...

Oh wait, you said picking cigars.

Nebbermind.

CigarNut
12-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Vinegar, salt, chopped garlic, coriander seed, mustard seed, dill seed, bay leaf...

Oh wait, you said picking cigars.

Nebbermind.
Go for it T.G: Pickle a cigar -- and then smoke it. I want to see that.

T.G
12-09-2011, 12:30 PM

New from Lars Tetens: "The Gurkhin"! A beautiful candela wrapped petite corona flavored with the essence of dill and vinegar with a subtle hint of garlic and cloves.

* Kosher for Passover too!

Blak Smyth
12-09-2011, 12:38 PM
New from Lars Tetens: "The Gurkhin"! A beautiful candela wrapped petite corona flavored with the essence of dill and vinegar with a subtle hint of garlic and cloves.

:r

irratebass
12-09-2011, 12:51 PM

+1

Gophernut
12-09-2011, 02:20 PM

Love it! :=::=::=:

INT
12-09-2011, 04:15 PM
I've been obsessing about cigars with the internet. My local B&M has been a great help also. To me it's a lot of fun researching a stick,then trying it out. That's all. I just wanted to say I'm really enjoying my new found hobby.Learning to differentiate between the different flavors and nuances of each stick is fun and relaxing. Awesome.

Ineed. Been smoking for 10 years and I still never get board of reading and learning. So many interesting stories about how blends are put together and thought up.

cigardan
12-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Gotta love the Ghurkin!

Big Maduro
12-09-2011, 04:51 PM
There is a lot more to it than most people realize. When you pick one to try its interesting to find how differnt it will taste to someone else.

sevans105
12-09-2011, 05:08 PM
The Ghurkin....is that Hansiota blend?

hotreds
12-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Lots and lots of info out there, to be sure. Practice, practice, practice!

Crownedone
12-09-2011, 09:32 PM
I absolutely love the passion of new guys! I still feel that way. Some times I get so exited about an order of new sticks waiting for me at home while I'm at work it drives me nuts. I hope your passion and love for cigars only grows...mine has.

Big Maduro
12-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Lol, I will research a cigar, and my mouth will actually start watering.Pretty weird

Sonic04GT
12-09-2011, 10:19 PM
I absolutely love the passion of new guys! I still feel that way. Some times I get so exited about an order of new sticks waiting for me at home while I'm at work it drives me nuts. I hope your passion and love for cigars only grows...mine has.
Life has been fairly stressful lately and cigars tend to bring consistent happiness and I started smoking in September. If I have an order on the UPS truck it's instantly a good day.

Big Maduro
12-09-2011, 10:27 PM
I havn't been able to do an order yet. Mine have been a couple at a time from my local shop. I will set an hour or whatever time it takes to relax and have a stick. Taking that time to kick the stress in the butt is great. My son did get me an early Christmas present, in the form of a humidor. It's pretty stable after 5 days at 71%

celtic250
12-10-2011, 12:11 AM
I am to newer to the hobby and it has taken over all my free time and to be honest I couldn't be happier. I spend many hours looking at anything I can learn from on the internet. I guess everyone was right when they said it was a slippery slope because I am slipping quick.

Dr Voss
12-10-2011, 10:11 AM
I have only been smoking cigars for about 6 months and have been amazed at how my taste for sticks has changed. When I started I really mild cigars like Olive Con. Res. and such. Now I find that I favor things like Casa Magna Oscuro's and Opus X. When I first started I would have considered them way too strong and rejected them. What I enjoy them most is trying new tastes, some I find I love and others, well not so much, but I have to say when all else fails my favorite is still Diamond Crown. When I just want to have something I know I am going to enjoy and the fragrance won't clear the house it's still my go to.
When I started I thought it was just find something you like and that's that but as you can see here cigars can be a great hobby with tons of variety.