PDA

View Full Version : Phish

celtic250
12-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Anyone else here a fan? Its safe to say I am obsessed!

pektel
12-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Yes. Been listening to them since around 94-95. Search youtube for jones beach phish for some great performances.

Blak Smyth
12-15-2011, 02:30 PM
I like some stuff, Lifeboy is a good song.
And the Wolfmans brother reminds me of the Tat Wolfman!

cobra03
12-15-2011, 02:34 PM
I dont own anything from them but i have seen them in concert twice and they put on a fantastic show. Really enjoyed myself.

Taki
12-15-2011, 02:43 PM
Some stuff I used to listen too but not really anymore

pektel
12-15-2011, 03:02 PM
One of my buddies posted this on his facebook page. Totally describes him:

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t228/pektel/phish.jpg

celtic250
12-16-2011, 12:39 AM
One of my buddies posted this on his facebook page. Totally describes him:

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t228/pektel/phish.jpg

Haha that pretty much explains me in a picture. I am heading out to NYC for there MSG NYE run here in a few weeks. Anyone else heading out for that?

celtic250
12-16-2011, 12:42 AM
I like some stuff, Lifeboy is a good song.
And the Wolfmans brother reminds me of the Tat Wolfman!

Got to love the Wolfmans. Always bringing the funk

floydpink
12-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Saw Phish in the late 80's when they played once a month at a place in SOHO in NYC called Wetlands and were not that well known.

I saw them as a possible suquel to the Grateful Dead as they were getting older.

10 years later I saw them in a big outdoor venue and realized I was wrong.

Not impressed.

celtic250
12-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Saw Phish in the late 80's when they played once a month at a place in SOHO in NYC called Wetlands and were not that well known.

I saw them as a possible suquel to the Grateful Dead as they were getting older.

10 years later I saw them in a big outdoor venue and realized I was wrong.

Not impressed.

Hard to compare the GD to Phish. Apples to oranges in my opinion. :2

pektel
12-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Right. Though they do share the genre, that's about it.

Trey Anastasio is an incredible guitarist.

I will say that I enjoy Big Wu shows more than Phish. They are local to my home state (MN), and we get along together well. They started out of St. Olaf College as a Grateful Dead cover band, but now have a large repertoire of original music.

http://soundcloud.com/the-big-wu/tracks?page=2

Check out MN Moon. And Kensington Manor.

celtic250
12-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Right. Though they do share the genre, that's about it.

Trey Anastasio is an incredible guitarist.

I will say that I enjoy Big Wu shows more than Phish. They are local to my home state (MN), and we get along together well. They started out of St. Olaf College as a Grateful Dead cover band, but now have a large repertoire of original music.

http://soundcloud.com/the-big-wu/tracks?page=2

Check out MN Moon. And Kensington Manor.

I grew up in IA so I have seen Big Wu a few times back in my high school days. Always was a good time.

pektel
12-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Awesome! Andy Miller and I converse on occasion. They took a hiatus for a few years, but are back on top, with a new lead guitarist. I still see them every chance I get. Going to Lutsen Mountains up the north shore for their 20th anniversary show.

celtic250
12-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Awesome! Andy Miller and I converse on occasion. They took a hiatus for a few years, but are back on top, with a new lead guitarist. I still see them every chance I get. Going to Lutsen Mountains up the north shore for their 20th anniversary show.

That should be a awesome.

Ismith75
12-18-2011, 11:52 PM
Love Phish and the Wu. Any String Cheese fans? Yonder? Moe.? ...possible STS9?

celtic250
12-19-2011, 12:00 AM

I am into all that you mentioned above. Not so much Moe anymore these days. But have seen all those bands many a times in my life.

Ismith75
12-19-2011, 05:27 AM
Awesome bro, you can't go wrong with any of them. I think the thing I miss the most about Colorado is the music scene. You tell someone here in Chicago that you're a bluegrass or string cheese fan and they look at you like you're crazy.

skullnrose
12-19-2011, 05:57 AM

I'm into all the Jam Band's except the Disco Biscuits they are just not my thing. I started seeing The Dead in 85 and never looked back. I saw many shows at Wetlands in NYC over the years but none better than Zero, KVHW Pretty much any band including Steve Kimock.

celtic250
12-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Awesome bro, you can't go wrong with any of them. I think the thing I miss the most about Colorado is the music scene. You tell someone here in Chicago that you're a bluegrass or string cheese fan and they look at you like you're crazy.

Yea the CO music scene for this genre is really hard to beat. Although Chicago does get a pretty good dose of these bands the vast majority of people have never heard of any of those bands. Are you hitting up any shows for New Years?

celtic250
12-19-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm into all the Jam Band's except the Disco Biscuits they are just not my thing. I started seeing The Dead in 85 and never looked back. I saw many shows at Wetlands in NYC over the years but none better than Zero, KVHW Pretty much any band including Steve Kimock.

I feel you on the Disco Biscuits. My buddy is huge into them. I gave them a try and checked them out 3-4 times but needless to say they are not for me.

pektel
12-19-2011, 11:41 AM

Nice. I really like Kimock, but haven't listened to nearly enough of his stuff. Saw him for the first time at a really small festival last summer.