PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Virginia Tech

GTsetGO
12-08-2011, 12:00 PM
another shooting has been reported with a police officer being pronounced dead and another victim (probably a student).

14holestogie
12-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Praying for the victims and that they catch the shooter quickly.

longknocker
12-08-2011, 12:03 PM
another shooting has been reported with a police officer being pronounced dead and another victim (probably a student).

Oh, No! Prayers Sent.

irratebass
12-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Prayers sent for the slain and praying they catch the culprit.

CigarNut
12-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Thoughts and prayers for the injured/slain and that they catch the f'ers who did it!

CigarGuy88
12-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Situations like this bring up the question why LICENSED students and faculty aren't allowed to carry on campus. Its like going to war without weapons and only the enemy has guns, bombs, whatever.. When the bad guys are the only ones with guns and by the time the good people with guns get the bad guy 20+ people are dead. Prayers sent to the students, faculty, and staff of VaTech

Brutus2600
12-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Wow, what the hell, this is how many times now in recent history at this single campus? That's terrible...prayers for all involved :(

Remo
12-08-2011, 12:37 PM
WTF....is up at VT :td

RevSmoke
12-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Will keep all in our prayers - the victims, their families, all those on campus and part of the VT family, and for those doing the investigative work that they catch the perp quickly.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

elderboy02
12-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Situations like this bring up the question why LICENSED students and faculty aren't allowed to carry on campus. Its like going to war without weapons and only the enemy has guns, bombs, whatever.. When the bad guys are the only ones with guns and by the time the good people with guns get the bad guy 20+ people are dead. Prayers sent to the students, faculty, and staff of VaTech

+1. Prayers out to all the victims. I hope they catch the SOB that did this.

sikk50
12-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Wishing for a quick resolution.

There's a group online called students for concealed carry or something. Saw a few people supporting it when I was in school

Drez
12-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Prayers sent out

Dave128
12-08-2011, 01:08 PM
This is just aweful. Didn't they have enough back in 2007? Prayers sent to the victims and their families.

chippewastud79
12-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Completely tragic (again), although this one may be a little less planned than the previous shooting. Prayers go out to the families of all involved and to all the Virginia Tech campus and families.

The first one shot was apparently a police officer, in a 'traffic stop gone bad'. I'm guessing he was armed. They haven't tracked the guy down, so I am guessing he has fled the area, making the likelihood of a do-gooder with a gun tracking him down unlikely. :2

CigarGuy88
12-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Completely tragic (again), although this one may be a little less planned than the previous shooting. Prayers go out to the families of all involved and to all the Virginia Tech campus and families.

The first one shot was apparently a police officer, in a 'traffic stop gone bad'. I'm guessing he was armed. They haven't tracked the guy down, so I am guessing he has fled the area, making the likelihood of a do-gooder with a gun tracking him down unlikely. :2

Well apparently there was another person shot and killed after the police officer in a parking lot... lets see if that guy was carrying there's a possibility they wouldn't be dead and the shooter would be instead. That's my point. Plus all of the witnesses on campus that witnessed the police officer get shot could have easily acted if they were carrying.

chippewastud79
12-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Well apparently there was another person shot and killed after the police officer in a parking lot... lets see if that guy was carrying there's a possibility they wouldn't be dead and the shooter would be instead. That's my point. Plus all of the witnesses on campus that witnessed the police officer get shot could have easily acted if they were carrying.

Nothing like a little street justice where a bunch of carrying college kids could have downed him.

CigarGuy88
12-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Nothing like a little street justice where a bunch of carrying college kids could have downed him.

I don't see a problem with that especially if it prevents another innocent person getting killed. Its kinda like sending the military into a war zone without weapons... when the bad guys are the only ones with guns the good guy loses every time.

CigarGuy88
12-08-2011, 01:57 PM
http://concealedcampus.org/

taltos
12-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Praying that Tech finally hires a professional police force and allows students over the age of 21 with a clean record to be deputized and help keep the campus safe.

Savor the Stick
12-08-2011, 02:29 PM
From the above website:

"Breaking News: Shooting at Virginia Tech Proves Need for Self-Defense
December 8th, 2011

Earlier today (12/8/2011 @ noon ET), a routine traffic stop at Virginia Tech turned deadly. A police officer conducting the stop as well as a second individual were shot and killed, apparently the same assailant. At the time of this post (3pm ET), the status of the assailant is unknown and Virginia Tech remains on lockdown.

Students for Concealed Carry offers our condolences the victims, and deepest hopes that the suspect(s) responsible be brought to justice.

SCC also sadly recognizes this incident proves yet again that nothing has changed at Virginia Tech. The college still entertain delusional beliefs that signs and stickers will prevent illegal weapons on campus, even as they protest paying fines for their failing to notify students of the initial murders preceding the worst shooting spree in history three years ago.

This latest event shows evil people still exist in the world and all the laws in the world will not stop them from committing violent crime. Guns are not the solution to every problem, but they are a solution to some problems – a solution completely ruled out by college campuses in Virginia and nationwide.

With licensed campus carry now a successful policy at over two hundred campuses in six states without incident, it is time for Virginia Tech and colleges nationwide to end the ban on campus self-defense.

Expecting a sign saying an area is a “gun free zone” is a dangerous and deadly fiction."

Criminals are not law abiding!

maninblack
12-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Another sad day for the VT campus. Let's not turn this into political fodder about the right to carry.Please.

14holestogie
12-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Sounds like the 2nd "victim" may be the perp.

CigarGuy88
12-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Sounds like the 2nd "victim" may be the perp.

Tim where did you hear this?!

14holestogie
12-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Tim where did you hear this?!

Saw it on MSN. http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/virginia-tech

CigarGuy88
12-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Good I hope the SOB is dead

deadrise
12-08-2011, 02:51 PM
prayers sent this school has been threw enough

Starscream
12-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Thoughts and prayers sent. That's a lot to happen in a few short years.

kaisersozei
12-09-2011, 09:26 AM
I haven't seen this updated elsewhere or in the MSN article Tim linked, but ballistics confirmed that the second "victim" was actually the shooter.