PDA

View Full Version : Electronic cigar?!

hotreds
12-08-2011, 08:03 AM
http://www.smoke51.com/shop/index.php/electronic-disposable-cigar.html

poker
12-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Yeah, its a spin off from the e-cigarettes that are now gaining more popularity.

Doctorossi
12-08-2011, 08:14 AM
Yay! All of the things that don't matter to me about smoking (nicotine delivery) and none of the things that do (flavor, aroma, texture, aesthetics). Yay!

:rolleyes:

pektel
12-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Yay! All of the things that don't matter to me about smoking (nicotine delivery) and none of the things that do (flavor, aroma, texture, aesthetics). Yay!

:rolleyes:

lol. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Bill86
12-08-2011, 08:19 AM
WTF "but allowing everyone else the freedom from second-hand smoke and noxious odors." really? Like I care about anyone else's "second-hand smoke".

hotreds
12-08-2011, 08:19 AM
lol. I was thinking the exact same thing.

+2

chaase321
12-08-2011, 08:28 AM
so why not just buy an e-cig if you want the nic...I'm sure it would be much easier to carry around than a huge cigar. Whoever the turd is that thought this would be a good idea...

neoflex
12-08-2011, 08:39 AM
That's funny. There was a gentleman in the lounge with us the other night smoking an Undercrown. I noticed he put it down after an inch or so, so out of curiosity I asked him if he didn't like it. His response was "It was to smokey" as in it gave off too much smoke not flavor. Not really knowing how to respond to someone not liking a cigar because it gave off too much smoke I just kind of nodded and left it alone. In my head I was thinking that there should be an electronic cigar as this guy would more than likely enjoy that better.:r Now I know they exist...:D

Doctorossi
12-08-2011, 09:05 AM
so why not just buy an e-cig if you want the nic...

Or chew some damn gum.

ktblunden
12-08-2011, 09:21 AM
"While still offering that same great cigar taste, this e-cigar emits no odor, allowing the smoker the same enjoyment as if smoking a regular cigar"

What enjoyment? People don't smoke cigars for the nicotine delivery. If they did, they're going about it about as inefficiently as possible. The enjoyment comes from the taste and smell of the smoke! I can't speak for everyone, but the whole ritual aspect of it is also a big part of it for me. This product is made to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

On another note, long before I started smoking cigars I found the smell of cigar smoke to be quite pleasant (WAY better than cigarette smoke). Since I've started smoking I've encountered a lot of non-smokers who feel the same way. So I think they're way off base when they say, "Everyone knows that the smell of cigar smoke can end a party!"

irratebass
12-08-2011, 09:24 AM
WTF "but allowing everyone else the freedom from second-hand smoke and noxious odors." really? Like I care about anyone else's "second-hand smoke".

:tu :tu

chaase321
12-08-2011, 09:24 AM
That's funny. There was a gentleman in the lounge with us the other night smoking an Undercrown. I noticed he put it down after an inch or so, so out of curiosity I asked him if he didn't like it. His response was "It was to smokey" as in it gave off too much smoke not flavor. Not really knowing how to respond to someone not liking a cigar because it gave off too much smoke I just kind of nodded and left it alone. In my head I was thinking that there should be an electronic cigar as this guy would more than likely enjoy that better.:r Now I know they exist...:D

Too smokey...in a lounge...undercrown...
Does he even know what cigars are, where he is at, and how good that brand is!

chaase321
12-08-2011, 09:27 AM
"On another note, long before I started smoking cigars I found the smell of cigar smoke to be quite pleasant (WAY better than cigarette smoke). Since I've started smoking I've encountered a lot of non-smokers who feel the same way. So I think they're way off base when they say, "Everyone knows that the smell of cigar smoke can end a party!"

VERY TRUE! I have been approached by MANY people expressing that my cigar smells fantastic...and most do not smoke! End a party...come on!:r

ktblunden
12-08-2011, 10:00 AM
VERY TRUE! I have been approached by MANY people expressing that my cigar smells fantastic...and most do not smoke! End a party...come on!:r

Must just be the people I hang around with, but the party usually gets started when the cigar smoke starts.

chaase321
12-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Must just be the people I hang around with, but the party usually gets started when the cigar smoke starts.

:tpd: :tu +1

Remo
12-08-2011, 10:30 AM
I dip Copenhagen for my nicotine, and cigars for pleasure :tu I try to watch my second hand spit :r

mariogolbee
12-08-2011, 12:05 PM
When I went to Ashland, OR for the Shakespeare Festival a couple of years back one of the actors in Much Ado About Nothing was using one of these. Another actor was just smoking regular cigarettes. IDK, perhaps the ecigar actor just didn't really smoke at all.

I can see some appeal to someone trying to quit smoking entirely.

LostAbbott
12-08-2011, 03:48 PM
In for a box. These will really help with my 20 Churchill's a day habit....