PDA

View Full Version : Xikar XTX Double?

rebelknight
12-02-2011, 04:53 PM
My younger brother is starting to get into cigars more and he asked for a lighter for Christmas. I have a Xikar crossover and I love it. He says he wants something a little bigger and preferably something with multiple flames as opposed to a single jet flame. After a bit of searching I found the Xikar XTX double. It looks like a nice lighter and it looks like it meets his needs. The only problem is I can't find any reviews on this so I would be buying it pretty much in the dark. I would feel bad if I gave my brother a piece of crap for Christmas so I was wondering if anybody has any input on this specific lighter or on other lighters that seem to fit the description of what he is looking for. Thanks for the help.

kelmac07
12-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Can't go wrong with a Xikar...lifetime warranty. For a few less $$...the Xikar Executive II is a very reliable and good lighter, double flame. If you would like a good single flame...the Blazer Little Buddy is a solid lighter (been using mine for well over a year without any issues). :2

gator_79
12-02-2011, 07:59 PM
I've been looking at the XTX double flame in Gunmetal. Looks like a solid lighter, I'll probably get one after the first of the year.

rebelknight
12-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Can't go wrong with a Xikar...lifetime warranty. For a few less $$...the Xikar Executive II is a very reliable and good lighter, double flame. If you would like a good single flame...the Blazer Little Buddy is a solid lighter (been using mine for well over a year without any issues). :2

Thanks for the ideas. My roommate and another good friend of mine both have Executive's. I think the problem with those and the little buddy will be that he wants something a little bigger. The XTX was really the only thing I could find that was bigger than my Crossover and had a double flame without getting him a table top. As you said can't go wrong with a Xikar but I was just hoping someone has played around with the XTX.

I've been looking at the XTX double flame in Gunmetal. Looks like a solid lighter, I'll probably get one after the first of the year.

I'm about 90% sure this is what I'm getting him. I'll tell you what I think of it was I get it for him.

Flounder
12-03-2011, 10:34 PM
http://www.netlighters.com/twtowibu3dis.html

I have one of these and love it. I feel it's a little too big, but if he wants size, it's got it. Double torch with 3 different sized cigar punches. Check it out.

Flounder
12-03-2011, 10:36 PM
It says Concord, but mine was clearly marked "Lucienne" when I bought it, which is also who makes the cutter I use when I don't punch, which has also turned out to be a fine piece of equipment.

Taki
12-04-2011, 08:15 AM
You can get the XTX...sounds like a great lighter but I just bought the CAO stocking stuffer "black ops" edition and it's a triple flame (just as addition to the XTX) plus you get a nice 5 pack and a cutter (cutters ok but on th cheap end)

Check it out they are back in stock...
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=51030&page=2

Taki
12-04-2011, 08:16 AM
That way your brother will have two lighters plus some smokes to go with them:tu

18i
02-28-2012, 09:42 PM
hey did you end up getting the XTX double ? im trying to find reviews or something about it and there is absolutely nothing... I about to get the gunmetal xtx double but i find it kinda hard to do online shopping for lighters...
thx

Fia
02-29-2012, 01:38 AM
In addition to the XTX, Xikar makes some other double flame lighters like the Element, Escalade, Enigma and Axia. My personal favorite of the double flames is the Axia. Nice heft, and slim enough to easily fit in my pocket.

Theo Cincy
02-29-2012, 07:21 AM
I have a element and I love it.

rebelknight
02-29-2012, 08:57 AM
hey did you end up getting the XTX double ? im trying to find reviews or something about it and there is absolutely nothing... I about to get the gunmetal xtx double but i find it kinda hard to do online shopping for lighters...
thx

Yes i did. My brother seems to like it and hasn't voiced any complaints to me yet. I can ask him for a bit more information since i personally haven't used it.

18i
03-01-2012, 11:07 PM
In addition to the XTX, Xikar makes some other double flame lighters like the Element, Escalade, Enigma and Axia. My personal favorite of the double flames is the Axia. Nice heft, and slim enough to easily fit in my pocket.

yea I was hesitating with the Escalade but I find the push button on the XTX more convenient !

Yes i did. My brother seems to like it and hasn't voiced any complaints to me yet. I can ask him for a bit more information since i personally haven't used it.

cool thank you! how do you find the gunmetal look? is it similar to the pictures on the net or its quite different right in front of you?

Enphrared
03-22-2012, 10:52 AM
I saw a XTX Double go on cigarsprintsale.com for $40 shipped earlier today.