PDA

View Full Version : GRAN HAVANA 3 SIGLOS FUMA Robusto. not good

TOB9595
11-29-2008, 01:26 PM
I was called to a good looking Gran Havana 3 SIGLOS FUMA. a cool looking silver on white label...two labels.
Just the size and wrapper color I was lookin for.....

* Wrapper: Nicaragua
* Binder: Nicaragua
* Filler: Colombia, Costa Rica, Nicaragua
* Size: Robusto 5 x 50

The 3 SIGLOS FUMA is different than the 3 SIGLOS, I think. I just have the one.
The pre light draw was VERY tasty and had me looking forward to lots of great tastes. NOT TO BE :(
I cut the cap with a guillotine cutter and, after lighting, right away noted the strong taste...and it wasn't too pleasant. I kept waiting for the strength to decrease a bit and nice tastes to start off. Throughout the smoke I didn't like the taste.
The ash was a mottled dark grey and black. The burn was off quite a bit. I corrected it and right back to a poor burn I went.
The cigar felt loose in the pack.
Draw was fine
I was thinking that I may have caught this stick in the midst of a "bad" cycle in the maturation/fermentation process.
This is my only stick of the GRAN HAVANA 3 SIGLOS FUMA. I'm not in a hurry to try another one. Tho I usually do when I don't care for a stick, figuring there was something off with this particular stick.
The FUMA version is on sale at CI for ~ $21. The non FUMA is a lot more $.

Here's a pic of the poor burn AFTER I had corrected it from as bad a burn earlier in the smoke.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/TOB9595/Cigars/IMGP1556.jpg

I wouldn't be in too much hurry to seek this out
-----------------------------------------
OH NO!!!
Before clicking send this post...I figured I'd look to see if MAYBE........
I just did a search of my stick stock and found that this is NOT my lone FUMA robusto. I won several auctions at CBID....
SIGH!!!!!
I wish I didn't win these now....
BUT
I will have the chance to try another one and let some rest for a while
hahahahaha

Tom

AD720
11-29-2008, 02:34 PM
The 3 SIGLOS FUMA is different than the 3 SIGLOS, I think.

You thought right, these are short filler from the Gran Habano factory. The 3 Siglos is a different animal.

Mark C
11-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Haven't tried the 3 Siglos Fumas, but I picked up a bundle of GH #5 Corojo Fumas a month or two ago. For less than $1, I was pretty happy. Not an outstanding smoke, but certainly not terrible. I think you may have gotten a bum stick, smoke another and let us know how they are!