PDA

View Full Version : Prepaid Forever Priority Mail from USPS

massphatness
11-19-2011, 10:03 AM
You just know there's a postal rate increase coming.

Saw this (http://uspsstore.stamps.com/Store/catalog/product.jsp?id=pmsfrb&navAction=jump&navCount=1) today and thought all you crazy bombing fools might want to take advantage.

Includes a DC # with every box.

EDIT: Looks like you have to register for a Stamps.com account

The Poet
11-19-2011, 10:07 AM
Is there an app where the labels are pre-addressed to me? :r

Brutus2600
11-19-2011, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the heads up :)

Do any of you watch The League? Reminds me of Taco's "investment" in Forever Stamps, rofl...that was a great episode.

homerjay19
11-19-2011, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the heads up :)

Do any of you watch The League? Reminds me of Taco's "investment" in Forever Stamps, rofl...that was a great episode.

I love how he bartered a pair of her stamp covered panties for a can of paint...:r

massphatness
11-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Is there an app where the labels are pre-addressed to me? :r

I know you can order pre-addressed FedEx labels if you are so inclined.

The Poet
11-19-2011, 01:10 PM
I know you can order pre-addressed FedEx labels if you are so inclined.

Inclined? Bent or warped, more like it. ;)

SvilleKid
11-19-2011, 02:38 PM
I wonder if the "forever" postage would survive a USPS bankrupcy? Or if a bankrupcy filing would make them null and void? Bankrupcy gets rid of many obligations! And, I don't have a lot of faith that the USPS isn't close to such a filing in the next year or so.

Savor the Stick
11-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Thanks Vin, I be thinking to invest in such a thing.:D

Aah... I be owing you a bomb or 2 I think.

Just Kidding !:lr

Maybe!:hy

emopunker2004
11-19-2011, 10:39 PM
Thanks Vin, I be thinking to invest in such a thing.:D

Aah... I be owing you a bomb or 2 I think.

Just Kidding !:lr

Maybe!:hy

:tf

Taki
11-20-2011, 05:54 AM
I wonder if the "forever" postage would survive a USPS bankrupcy? Or if a bankrupcy filing would make them null and void? Bankrupcy gets rid of many obligations! And, I don't have a lot of faith that the USPS isn't close to such a filing in the next year or so.

Well put...I heard UPS and FedEx are already installing equipment to sort and deliver everyday mail...just waiting for either to take over every day deliveries.

massphatness
11-23-2011, 04:52 AM
USPS just announced postal rate increases for its Priority Mail products (among others):

Among the increases set for Jan. 22:
—Priority mail, small box, $5.35.
—Priority mail, medium box, $11.35.
—Priority mail, large box, $15.45.
—Priority mail, regular envelope, $5.15.
—Priority mail, legal-size and padded envelope, $5.30.

stevieray
11-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Well put...I heard UPS and FedEx are already installing equipment to sort and deliver everyday mail...just waiting for either to take over every day deliveries.

If the Post Office is, as you say, close to filing bankruptcy, why would Fed Ex or UPS want to take over a dying business? Neither company wants to deal with universal service. They are only interested in delivering to major metropolitan areas. :confused:

d'am
11-24-2011, 09:34 PM
If the Post Office is, as you say, close to filing bankruptcy, why would Fed Ex or UPS want to take over a dying business? Neither company wants to deal with universal service. They are only interested in delivering to major metropolitan areas. :confused:

USPS is granted an effective monopoly by the US gov't, but legally required to deliver mail (not packages) to everyone at a flat rate. UPS and Fedex want the mail business without the flat-rate stamp restriction.