PDA

View Full Version : Mold Question

jakesmokes
11-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Hi all,

I just received a box of cigars that came.. from.. very far away, lets say. They were in transit for like a month, which is longer than I am used to. When I opened the box... one of the cigars had a few (like 3) spots of mold on the head.

I, of course, took the moldy cigar out, cleaned it and smoked it. Then I put the box in the freezer. Is there anything else I should do? Is it possible the rest of the box was contaminated? Should I quarantine? Will the freezing process help in this situation?

Thanks!

bobarian
11-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Mold spores are everywhere, there is no way to keep your cigars in a completely clean environment. The best thing to do is keep your Rh below 70%. This will prevent any mold growth. :2

sikk50
11-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Molds like herpes, it's always Gunna be there even if you can't see it. Just listen to what bob said :tu

chaase321
11-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Molds like herpes, it's always Gunna be there even if you can't see it. Just listen to what bob said :tu

:r yeah you're just taking the chance that you won't get it! :noon

Cornrow_Wallis
11-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Mold spores are everywhere, there is no way to keep your cigars in a completely clean environment. The best thing to do is keep your Rh below 70%. This will prevent any mold growth. :2
x2.

Any cigar has the potential to grow mold. Keep the storage conditions solid and they should be fine.

mosesbotbol
11-08-2011, 01:11 PM
I don't think freezing is going to stop mold, but it's a good idea to freeze boxes if you can to prevent beetle outbreaks. Mold is natural and a touch is not unwelcome on older cigars.