PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of these 5 Vegas?

Sonic04GT
11-01-2011, 11:15 PM
I want a few cigars to keep on hand that I can give to friends when I invite them for a smoke. I am new and sampling so I never give anything away unless I have duplicates. Would defeat the purpose of buying samplers if I hand them off before I even try them myself. So, I want a fiver to serve that purpose. Something quality, well known, but fairly inexpensive, that the rookie or veteran would enjoy. Nothing larger than robusto. I want to try the 5 Vegas series so I was thinking of the Golds but then I saw this...

http://www.dailycigardeal.com/

What do you guys think of those 5 Vegas Series 'A' Atomic for $14 shipped? Medium-Full a little strong to give to potential rookies, myself being one of them? They're 4.5x54

Or I could hold out and see what else comes up on Cigar Sprint Sale. Every purchase I've made since I got into the hobby has only included 1 or 2 of each cigar.

I have a 5 Vegas Classic sitting in the humi that I'll try one of these days. Also a Cask Strength that just came out of the freezer. That thing is huge so that's going aside for a special occasion, and when I step up to stronger cigars.

Dunkel
11-02-2011, 01:01 AM
I used to really like the 5 Vegas A but I haven't smoked one in quite awhile. The Triple A, Miami and Gold Maduro are my favorites of the 5 Vegas line..

Bax
11-02-2011, 01:38 AM
They're nice sticks:tu

iamsolitary
11-02-2011, 02:48 AM
I've only had the 5 Vegas Classic, Gold and Cask Strength. Both the classic and gold would be pretty good sticks for passing out to newbies. I personally like the gold quite a bit. The classic is ok. I just find it to be a little boring.

irratebass
11-02-2011, 04:22 AM
Go for it, for that price :tu I've had one and I really enjoyed it.

Blak Smyth
11-02-2011, 05:47 AM
If you can swing it grab those Kristoffs instead! They are GREAT sticks!!!
I am not a big fan of the 5 Vegas, I have not had one that wasn't just okay, I have a Gold Maduro resting.
But if you are giving them out to friends you can't beat that price:tu

jledou
11-02-2011, 06:40 AM
Good mild to medium maduro for me. you might be able to find even better prices floating around if you are patient though.

DaBear
11-02-2011, 06:54 AM
I've only had the classics, but for the price point they were good.

ktblunden
11-02-2011, 07:14 AM
The A is a pretty decent $3 cigar. I like the Triple A and Miami better. The Classic is very bland in my estimation. I've only had one Cask Strength, but I really didn't enjoy that one. I think the entire 5 Vegas line get more attention than they deserve, due to CI/Cigar.com/cbid/etc. pushing their house brands so hard. There are much better sticks down in the $3/stick price range. Like Blak Smyth mentioned, that Kristoff deal is much more appetizing. The Kristoffs are fantastic cigars and I've heard very good things about the Sencillos.

irratebass
11-02-2011, 07:16 AM
If you can swing it grab those Kristoffs instead! They are GREAT sticks!!!
I am not a big fan of the 5 Vegas, I have not had one that wasn't just okay, I have a Gold Maduro resting.
But if you are giving them out to friends you can't beat that price:tu

I gotta +3 on the Kristoff's they are my favs....sooo good.

kelmac07
11-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Triple AAAs are the best in the line. :2

ApexAZ
11-02-2011, 09:19 AM
I'm loving Gran Habanos right now. Have had Habano #3, Corojo Vintage 2002 and 3 Siglos models. I enjoy them all immensely. Very smooth and rich. The Corojo #5 is rated well also I believe. I have gotten most of the Gran Habanos for $2-$2.50 per cigar.

emopunker2004
11-02-2011, 09:21 AM
the 'A' Line is good

smokin5
11-02-2011, 09:33 AM
I enjoy the 5 Vegas 'A' line, but I think $3/stick is far too much to pay.
I routinely score these on Cigarbid.com for about $2@ shipped.
Also, they may be a bit strong for new or casual smokers;
I'd recommend the 5 Vegas Gold for handing out to your friends.

Sonic04GT
11-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the comments. I guess I'll hold out for the time being :)

Ogre
11-02-2011, 02:39 PM
For the money, they are a solid little cigar.

Benwoo
11-02-2011, 03:28 PM
I ended up with a bundle of "A" Apostles if i recall properly. I like them well enough to usually have one in the travel humi, for friends or myself. I find they give off good flavor w/o being over powering in the "N" department. I just don't like that they're dyed and I've come back with brown lips after smoking one of these.
As far as what to hand a friend, I damn near bricked my drawers when a new female friend snagged my Oliva V maddy from me and started huffing on it like a pro. So I would say it really depends on the person.

big a
11-02-2011, 04:05 PM
I enjoy the 5 Vegas 'A' line, but I think $3/stick is far too much to pay.
I routinely score these on Cigarbid.com for about $2@ shipped.
Also, they may be a bit strong for new or casual smokers;
I'd recommend the 5 Vegas Gold for handing out to your friends.

Could not agree more, the A is one of my go to cheap smokes. If your friends don't smoke than I would also go with the gold as its a good mild smoke.

Sonic04GT
11-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Ended up just getting a fiver of 5 Vegas Gold Robustos for $15 shipped from CI.

Only ones I see coming up on CSprint are the No.1's which are 7.5 in length :eek: which went for around $14.

HollywoodQue
11-04-2011, 05:24 AM
I enjoyed the Miami and the triple A,,,very decent smokes.

Obsidian
11-04-2011, 08:54 AM
5 Vegas line is good for the beginner with the 5 Vegas classic or the more established pallet with the 5 Vegas Series ’A’. Pretty good line of smokes at decently priced cigars. You can also get samplers of the 5 Vegas line to find what you like the best.

jjirons69
11-04-2011, 09:50 AM
The 5 Vegas As are good maduros. They go great with coffee in the morning. Doing research on the devil site can give good prices.

Benwoo
11-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Oh yeah I enjoyed a batch of 5 Vegas Miami knuckles too, once getting around the 60 RG.

dave
11-07-2011, 08:48 AM
My take:
Good value line - any are decent 'beginner' cigars; very consistently: low priced, well constructed, not crappy tasting.....I've enjoyed all (except some of the limitadas) off and on for years as 'budget cigars'. My thoughts on some:

Only two are still in regular rotation and can not be beat for flavor and value:

A in the PC, Anomaly, size -- this is a fantastic little smoke and much better than any other, larger, RG - never paid more than $2 per and better than many much more expensive PC's

Cask Strength II - Good, solid corojo; They're are better corojo cigars out there, but few better at $3.

Others....
Gold - mild mild mild - inoffensive and good for handing out to casual or non-smokers

Gold Maduro - also mild, but you get a little intersting maddie sweetness going on - not too bad for what it is, a cheap, mild, sweet maduro

Classic - always left me wishing there was more to it -- not terrible, just not all that great...sorta blah

AAA - not bad, but not as good as other PA Broadleaf maddies out there now

Miami - decent, a little spicy, nothing to write home about other than the price

A - other than Anomaly, not bad, but unremarkable