PDA

View Full Version : The little things

DaBear
10-31-2011, 10:50 AM
Oh boy, where to even begin? Well first off, a few weeks ago my phone bites the dust after only having it for 6 months. Dell says it'll be $250 to replace the broken LCD screen(under the glass, a manufacturers defect), for a phone I payed all of $50 when I upgraded. So for the time being I'm stuck with a cheap little 10 buck pay as you go phone with my SIM card thrown in. Then, Wednesday as I'm driving to get some groceries, I notice a nice little knocking coming from my engine. Go in Thursday, as I had a trip planned for Friday, to get the oil changed and the engine checked. The car basically gets issued the death sentence as it was an internal engine problem, with a time frame of 2 days to 2 months, they couldn't really tell. End up taking the Greyhound bus down and back for my trip, which is a completely different story. I attempt to go to golf class with a friend(driving there as we were meeting at the schools course), and guess what happens not even a mile and a half down the road. So there we are, stranded on the shoulder of a rather busy street at 9:15 am. Somehow manage to get the thing towed to the nearest AAA center for free(on my last day of AAA membership) and have to ask the guys there to "take a look at it" knowing full well what it needed, just so I could have some place to store it for a short time. After that I get to book it back to campus with the assistance of a roommate and get to class in time for my 11: 20 test, with very little studying and retention thanks to this. And to top things off, get told it'll cost more than $4800 to have the engine replaced in my car as apparently it was already rotting through the oil pan, or something to that effect(wasn't really paying attention after the price). Needless to say I fit the poor college student archetype, making things just that much worse.

The only thing keeping me from punching a large hole in my wall right now? The promise of a couple good cigars later tonight that I've been saving/purchased just for Halloween, and hopefully a good game tonight while up at Empire.

Its funny how its always the little things that can keep you from just completely losing it.

WittyUserName
10-31-2011, 11:25 AM
Sorry to hear this brother, keep your head up.

maninblack
10-31-2011, 11:29 AM
Sorry for your troubles brother. Keep your head up. Things have a way of righting themselves.

kelmac07
10-31-2011, 11:29 AM
Keep your head up Bear...things will turn around soon. :D

w squared
10-31-2011, 11:30 AM
I hope that a couple enjoyable smokes will help you keep an even keel. It's never any fun when it's happening to you, but it's trying situations like this that help build character.

LigaPrivadaT84
10-31-2011, 11:30 AM
Hope things turn around for the better. :tu

Remo
10-31-2011, 11:31 AM
Sorry to hear bro, remember college is the best years of your life,,,,,imagine what it's like when you grow up :tu

DaBear
10-31-2011, 11:33 AM
Thanks guys, just needed to vent. When it rains it pour, eh?

kelmac07
10-31-2011, 11:35 AM
Thanks guys, just needed to vent. When it rains it pour, eh?

You could always PM me your addy...and I'll make ya smile. :D

Remo
10-31-2011, 11:36 AM

:sl:sl:sl

DaBear
10-31-2011, 11:44 AM

I've hit you once and I'll hit you again Mac! Thems fightin words!:sl:sl:sl

kelmac07
10-31-2011, 11:47 AM
But you're the one who needs cheerin' up brother. :confused: Just trying to do my part. :D

maninblack
10-31-2011, 12:47 PM
This won't end well. But I love to watch!

irratebass
10-31-2011, 01:02 PM
It's all a test Bear, just remember that...IT WILL get better.

cobra03
10-31-2011, 02:29 PM
Kick back, smoke a good cigar and forget it for a while. Always works for me. I think i would have gone crazy along time ago if it wasnt for good cigars.