PDA

View Full Version : Quiting smoking - e-cigs

Devanmc
10-31-2011, 08:34 AM
So after the numerous tries to quit cold turkey and failing. I starting reading up on electric cigarette reviews and going to give that a try. I hope to receive my kit in the mail in the next few days and quit for good this time.

I bought the "v2 electric cigarette", it has rock solid reviews everywhere I looked and has some nice starter kits.
linky (http://www.v2cigs.com/products/V2-ULTIMATE-KIT.html)

I haven't tried it yet so i cant say much other then getting a killer deal. Halloween 20% off special plus another 10% from a review site. :sh

Ill keep this updated once it get it and progress on not smoking another real cig.

Blak Smyth
10-31-2011, 08:36 AM
Good luck brother. That is a nasty habit, great to see you trying to kick it!
Keep us posted I have a feeling you will do it this time!

kelmac07
10-31-2011, 08:39 AM
Good luck Devan. Kellie tried the e-cigarettes...$ 200 later and she's still smoking those Marlboro Reds. :td

jledou
10-31-2011, 08:42 AM
Good Luck Devan!

mariogolbee
10-31-2011, 09:24 AM
Good luck Devan. Kellie tried the e-cigarettes...$ 200 later and she's still smoking those Marlboro Reds. :td
I haven't smoked a cigarette for about 5 years now, but from what I understand $200 is only one months worth of cigarettes anyway these days.

Devan, good luck. I'm sure you can do anything you want with the amount of determination I've seen from you.

kelmac07
10-31-2011, 09:36 AM
I haven't smoked a cigarette for about 5 years now, but from what I understand $200 is only one months worth of cigarettes anyway these days.

Mario...true, but that is what she spent on the electronic cigarettes (three different kinds) and flavoring for them. :bh :bh

chaase321
10-31-2011, 09:44 AM
Good Luck Devan!

you mind sharing the two coupon codes you used on this? My wife is wanting to try to use these, but hasn't gotten around to buying one yet.

Devanmc
10-31-2011, 09:44 AM
I spent about 5 days looking at reviews on many different websites. Plus even if i dont like it, they have a 30day return policy. So i can return it and try another kit.

cole: the halloween code is automatic for today only. the 10% off is from this review site

http://best-electroniccigarette-review.com/reviews/v2-cigs-review-v2-cigs-coupon-code
or
http://www.electroniccigarettereviewsite.net/ecig-overview-comments/v2-cigs-review/

both codes work

once i receive my order in the mail. I will have cards with 15% off codes.

mariogolbee
10-31-2011, 09:54 AM
Mario...true, but that is what she spent on the electronic cigarettes (three different kinds) and flavoring for them. :bh :bh
Well, now that she has them maybe she can try again some time? :sh Unless she got rid of them some how. Three different kinds?

darkleeroy
11-01-2011, 09:45 AM
I've been using one since January, had a bit of a relapse a month ago and back on them. They don't really get rid of the cravings for a real cig, but you end up feeling better (as in not getting winded when you walk a block) after a couple of weeks.

Stress is what made me go back for that one month, in case you were wondering.

DBall
11-01-2011, 12:32 PM
I know this has nothing to do with the thread, but Mariogolbee has the best avatar EVER!

Good luck on quitting smoking. I quit over 6 years ago after smoking for 15. The first 8 months suck.

poker
11-01-2011, 12:40 PM
I been without a regular cigarette for over 1.5 years using e-cigs.
Best unit I found is made by Joyetech model eGo-T.

I get my hardware from here:
Good Prophets
http://www.shop.goodprophets.com/
(Joye eGo-T USB 1000mah TANK Kit)

I get my liquid from here:
Vapor Bomb
http://www.vaporbomb.com/

PM if you have any questions.

Devanmc
11-01-2011, 01:02 PM
kelly, want can you recommend for portable e-cigs for me to get ahold of? I need something portable as i regularly smoke walking to class, back from eating, working out and so on. i need something portable aswell.

also, some of the items on the site look exactly like items pictured on V2cigs. Just alot cheaper, :r

poker
11-01-2011, 01:50 PM
The 650mah eGo-T is shorter in length than the 1000mah due to battery length but overall they are the same diameter.

Heres a pic of my 1000mah eGo-T next a dollar bill to show approx size. Once charged, it should last you pretty much all day. Also with the tank system, a full tank should last a day as well.

Personally I would reccomend the 650maH to start with. If you feel you need more battery life you can always just buy 1000mah batteries and you'll be good to go.

http://www.shop.goodprophets.com/product.sc?productId=201&categoryId=64

Devanmc
11-01-2011, 02:03 PM
great i have a new "hobby" :r

thanks for the links kelly. I have alot of looking and trying to do. Im deffinitly going to keep the V2 if it works. But that liquid method looks like a winner aswell.

poker
11-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I know. I went thru many models before the eGo-T. Trying this and trying that. The eGo-T so far is one of the best I've found.

Partially Deaf
11-01-2011, 02:07 PM
I have no experience on this topic, but are cigars a suitable substitute for cigarettes?

Devanmc
11-01-2011, 02:09 PM
I have no experience on this topic, but are cigars a suitable substitute for cigarettes?

unfortunatly no, becuase i cant smoke on in 5min as i walk to class. they are also to expensive to throw away halfway threw without caring.

Devanmc
11-01-2011, 04:12 PM
and my order just got shipped :wo

hopping for a thursday delivery

Devanmc
11-05-2011, 09:14 AM
well this is the kit, minus the usb e-cig and 4 more 5packs.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l89/devanmc436/2011-11-05_11-12-28_291.jpg

works pretty good. got sick the first time. puffed on it a few to many times in front of video games and go abit green from nicotine.

shilala
11-05-2011, 09:26 AM
My BIL just played this game, Devan.
He had fun and he now uses it to save from having to go out in the cold so much, but it did absolute zero to stop him from smoking.
Last weekend I watched him stand outside shivering in his tshirt smoking a Winston, so apparently it doesn't even work very good for avoiding standing in the cold.
I hope you get far better results, and I wish you all the luck in the world. Quitting smoking is a b1tch.
On a positive note, the ecig that Greg got, he could get a bunch of flavors. Some were really nice. He could also get stuff at ebay to crack the cartridges and refill them with juice which saves tons of money. If you stick with it, that might be something to look at.
Excuse me if everyone already said all this, I didn't read the thread. My apologies, I just didn't have time right now. I'll check in later and see how you're doing. :tu

kelmac07
11-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Gotta love the Army canteen in the pic Devan. :D :D

Devanmc
11-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Gotta love the Army canteen in the pic Devan. :D :D

haha yup.

and thanks scott. ive heard that it works and it doesnt work. so i hope it works for me atleast. :sh

MrClean
11-05-2011, 12:40 PM
I think they can be a great help if someone is serious about quitting. I've seen both sides of the coin for people who try them, and I think the main difference is the desire to actually quit. At least with the ecig's they give you nicotine which is the main 'addiction' of smoking, but there are definitely other factors to smoking real cigs that are hard to give up. Good luck Devan!!

BnBTobacco
11-05-2011, 04:35 PM
While some prospective quitters triumphed with the aid of E-cigs, many failed due to lack of motivation. Thus, having a strong wil should be the first consideration. Good luck, Devan!

Drez
11-05-2011, 05:07 PM
ive been using a e-cig for about 6 months now. while it doesnt give you that real smoke feeling it does help with cravings. ive found that some of the guys at work who use a e-cig have a tough time getting use to the fact that you dont have a "visual" to tell you when you are done cause there is no ash and the cig never gets shorter.

little things like that i think plays with peoples minds and might be the downfall to the e-cig.

i keep mine in my cop car now and with use it time to time. however i will have a real cig everynow and then too.

so for me did i quit.............kinda 1-3 cigs every 4-5 days compared to a pack and a half a days is alot better. ive cut cigs out of my home life and like i said a few here and there at work to pass the time or socially should be ok.

good luck man!!!!!

Jasonw560
11-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Quitters never win.

Devanmc
12-31-2011, 10:29 AM
so we are what 2 months later. Other then this last week in which i lost my battery, so i had maybe 5 cigs. I have quit smoking, still defiantly addicted to nicotine but im ok with that. Prior to losing my battery i hadnt had a single cigarette in a month. I think this is a success for me