PDA

View Full Version : Tell me I should not start playing WoW again

iamsolitary
10-24-2011, 12:05 PM
The other day I was considering starting to play World of Warcraft again. Then, as if Blizzard had bugged my home, I got invite to come back with 14 days free.

THIS IS A BAD IDEA.

Please tell me not to start playing WoW again.

Blak Smyth
10-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Don't do it, unless you can smoke at your computer!

pnoon
10-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Watch the South Park episode about WoW.
Hilarious.
Posted via Mobile Device

iamsolitary
10-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Hilarious.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not a huge South Park fan but I love that episode.

Mikess
10-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Hilarious.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is all I can say on the matter. But since you asked, do not start playing WoW again.

Don Fernando
10-24-2011, 12:34 PM
the only WoW I want is a cigar that WOWS me.

Brutus2600
10-24-2011, 12:49 PM
Don't start WoW again...

Wait a couple months and pick up Star Wars: The Old Republic :noon

hehe

WittyUserName
10-24-2011, 12:53 PM
I stopped playing about a month before I came down here to GTMO and it had been AWESOME. Even if I wanted to play when I got home I would be so far behind the curve it would be crazy. I say do not start playing again. Although I did like Shane's answer about smoking at your computer. Stay away my brother, and don't get sucked into RIFT either.

iamsolitary
10-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Rift?

Blak Smyth
10-24-2011, 12:55 PM
There is always Minecraft!

shilala
10-24-2011, 12:55 PM
You're probably better off with heroin.

Brutus2600
10-24-2011, 12:56 PM
Rift was ok...my group of friends played it for about two months. Didn't hold our attention though.

We have been playing a good bit of Minecraft lately though...

icehog3
10-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Take up Farmville, then you can bug the living shite out of your friends who think it is stupid by asking them to send you stuff.

Remo
10-24-2011, 01:20 PM
Maybe you should take up live action D&D role playing in a local park and call yourself "DorkSworder" :lr sorry

Blak Smyth
10-24-2011, 01:20 PM
Maybe you should take up live action D&D role playing in a local park and call yourself "DorkSworder" sorry

:r

Apoco
10-24-2011, 01:32 PM
As a former 3 times a week/4 hour a night raider (raiding is gathering groups of people to kill boss monsters in the game)...don't do it. That game has a tendency to eat every single second of your time. Stick to single player stuff (or nothing at all).
Posted via Mobile Device

bobarian
10-24-2011, 01:39 PM
Quit beind a One Percenter! Play already! :r

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/7753/wowpv.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/wowpv.jpg/)

MurphysLaw
10-24-2011, 01:40 PM
Only if you change your name to Leeroy Jenkins (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCNJRfSZBU) :lr

jledou
10-24-2011, 01:47 PM
Wait a couple months and pick up Star Wars: The Old Republic :noon

hehe

Preordered here :banger

Emjaysmash
10-24-2011, 01:51 PM
The other day I was considering starting to play World of Warcraft again. Then, as if Blizzard had bugged my home, I got invite to come back with 14 days free.

THIS IS A BAD IDEA.

Please tell me not to start playing WoW again.

But they just announced Pandaria at Blizzcon!

There is always Minecraft!

:tpd: Best pixelated game-with-no-plot ever.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/7753/wowpv.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/wowpv.jpg/)
Yeah! Boogie!

Ratters
10-24-2011, 05:57 PM
IDK, is this you want to be?

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2318/55/57/1294451602/n1294451602_30126709_5405.jpg

mithrilG60
10-24-2011, 11:47 PM
When asking yourself "Should I start playing WoW again?" what you should really be asking yourself is: "Do I enjoy having sex with girls whose names don't end in .jpg?". If you answer yes step away from the geek crack, if no... have fun I guess?

icehog3
10-24-2011, 11:51 PM
Play WoW on weeknights, and be a clown on the weekends!!!

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/clown-1.jpg

CoreyD
10-25-2011, 02:08 AM
Hey I play from time to time and got pissed as a casual gamer just getting 2 characters geared at 85 for end game stuff they pull another 5 lvl cap just announced. and both those toons just climbed the last 5 level cap. and the recent expansion has been out almost a year. So yeah I don't play alot but its fun and nice to have it when I feel like entering a land of make believe.
Beats sitting around a bunch of guys with dice in the hand.

area51
10-25-2011, 05:34 AM
Baaaad idea

Blak Smyth
10-25-2011, 05:35 AM
Play WoW on weeknights, and be a clown on the weekends!!!

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/clown-1.jpg

:r

WittyUserName
10-25-2011, 05:39 AM
Hey I play from time to time and got pissed as a casual gamer just getting 2 characters geared at 85 for end game stuff they pull another 5 lvl cap just announced. and both those toons just climbed the last 5 level cap. and the recent expansion has been out almost a year. So yeah I don't play alot but its fun and nice to have it when I feel like entering a land of make believe.
Beats sitting around a bunch of guys with dice in the hand.

This makes no sense to me.....Blizzard is ruining the game, I will never go back. Time for them to start from scratch. I will however play me some Diablo and SC when I get back to the states. Cannot wait.

Bill86
10-25-2011, 05:54 AM
I quit WoW years ago. It's too addicting, I don't see why it's singled out though almost every online game is addictive in some way or another.

But yeah don't play anymore, it's the devil.

When asking yourself "Should I start playing WoW again?" what you should really be asking yourself is: "Do I enjoy having sex with girls whose names don't end in .jpg?". If you answer yes step away from the geek crack, if no... have fun I guess?

Some of us can have our cake AND eat it, at the same time ;)

Brutus2600
10-25-2011, 06:08 AM
This makes no sense to me.....Blizzard is ruining the game, I will never go back. Time for them to start from scratch. I will however play me some Diablo and SC when I get back to the states. Cannot wait.

Unfortunately they can't really start from scratch. WoW is reaching it's effective end of life in my opinion. All MMO's, no matter how well built, have a certain lifespan. There are only so many level caps and new content expansions that can keep casual players interested.

I'm not saying WoW is going anywhere, in fact I don't think they will for a very very long time. Ultima Online and EverQuest are still active and running, releasing new expansions, and have been for over a decade now. The only difference is the only people playing those games are hardcore fans of the game that have played for years.

By end of life I mean this. Casual MMO gamers crave new content and don't want to have to play hours upon hours a week to stay current with the game. When an MMO is first released that's easy to do for quite awhile. You have a level cap, a new world to explore, new stories and quests, and new dungeons to raid. If the company plays it right, that starts to get boring to anybody but the hardcore raiders and players just about the time they announce the new expansion. The new expansion will raise the level cap, add a significant amount of new storyline, quests, and world content, and keep everybody interested for a little while longer. Rinse and repeat a few more times and the entire game gets old to anybody but those few (million in this case) people who are all about high end content and being at the top of the game.

That's the perfect time when a new MMO release can come along with a slightly new formula, an entirely new world, and dominate the MMO user base. Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Vanguard, and even most recently Rift...they all tried to do that, but WoW had a stranglehold on the market and all these games fell short simply for the fact that people weren't bored with WoW yet. I think the only game that has had any chance to take a chunk of players and stay relevant for longer than 4-6 months is Star Wars: The Old Republic. WoW is reaching end of life, the Star Wars franchise has a HUGE pull, and the company creating the game has a pretty good idea of what they're doing.

I might be completely wrong and the market might not be quite ready for a new MMO, but this is the best chance/timing I think any MMO has had since WoW was released in '04.

Subvet642
10-25-2011, 06:28 AM
IDK, is this you want to be?

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2318/55/57/1294451602/n1294451602_30126709_5405.jpg

Damn! Beat me to it!

ninjavanish
10-25-2011, 07:05 AM
If you purchase a year subscription right now, you'll get Diablo III at no charge when it is released.

Fordman4ever
10-25-2011, 07:06 AM
Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

OLS
10-25-2011, 12:22 PM
"Do I enjoy having sex with girls whose names don't end in .jpg?".

Oh-hohoho, that's freaking hilarious.........:r

I say no as well. I USED TO LOVE playing my boss and only my boss over a dial-up connection in Unreal Tournament
and it about ruined me. Smoked a ton of bong hits, even more cigarettes, sat there in the dark getting carpal-tunnel
and having a blast. And when it was Duke Nukem, we used the level designer to design our own levels and exchange
em and play em, so when I wasn't playing I was knee deep in level design every other non-work, non-sleep hour. I am
still a complete slug, but at least it is not for playing online games anymore. EXCELLENT TIME in my life, but over now.