PDA

View Full Version : Podcasts worth listening to

markem
10-20-2011, 06:10 PM
I've recently become interested in podcasts. I used to listen to security related ones and cigar ones, but, well, meh.

So I thought we could start a thread about interesting podcasts (not necessarily cigar related) that people listen to and would recommend. Also, maybe some sites with cool podcast content. Seems like everyone is doing it these days.

As a start, I'll admit to looking through npr.org for podcasts about classical music (also listen to http://www.allclassical.org/, which is my local classical station).

kayak_rat
10-20-2011, 06:48 PM
I listen to quite a few at work. Here are a few:

Dave Ramsey Show(personal finance)
EntreLeadership(Dave Ramsey/leadership)
Bloomberg Business(finance/business; there are a few)
Market Fool(financial)
Orvis Fly Fishing Podcast
Orvis Double Barrel Podcast

jsnake
10-20-2011, 06:50 PM
Blowin' Smoke Podcast

loki
10-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Blowin' Smoke Podcast

only one i listen to...course it helps i've been on it more times then i can count

Flynnster
10-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Cartalk podcast on NPR. Free and great. Takes a while to get used to the humor, but I love it.

jledou
10-21-2011, 05:04 AM
Twit.tv and Frogpants.com are two sites with a lot of content on various subjects

I tend to listen to a lot of tech podcast ... on my list that are not cigar related:

Tech News Today (TNT) - twit.tv
All About Android - twit.tv
Appslappy - Frogpants.com
Dr. Kiki's Science hour - Twit.tv
FourCast - Twit.tv
New Brew Thursday <- video podcast on craft beer
The Sword and Laser - Frogpants.com
Whiskycast - Whiskycast.com

w squared
10-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Tom Gresham's GunTalk (if you're a gun person)

While I can't say that I agree with all of his political positions, I think that he's got a lot of valid points, and he provides logical arguments to support them instead of ranting and raving. :)

iamsolitary
10-24-2011, 11:38 AM
If you're interested in poker the 2plus2 Pokercast is quite good: pokercast.twoplustwo.com

Cornrow_Wallis
10-24-2011, 12:12 PM
smodcast.com

smodcast and tell 'em steve dave

ChicagoWhiteSox
09-28-2012, 07:22 PM
bump. I'm looking for new stuff to listen to

poriggity
09-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Www.heidiandfrank.com. they on terrestrial radio out here, but they podcast all those shows. I podcast daily, and love them!
Posted via Mobile Device

shilala
09-28-2012, 07:32 PM
Are there any good sports podcasts out there that you guys listen to?