PDA

View Full Version : Perdomo Champagne Noir Epicure (54x6)

INT
10-17-2011, 09:27 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s147/IveyKK/100_3464.jpg

I'll admit, I'm a bit of a Perdomo whore. Their quality + price point makes their cigars very hard to beat IMO. Their Lot 23 has been my prefered go to daily smoke, with the original Champagne being my go to "step up" smoke. The original Champagne was also my all around favorite cigar I've ever had. I've sampled Rocky Patels, Cohibas and Montecristos (NC), Arturo Fuente, Gurkhas, Oliva, Nub, you get the picture. I keep coming back to the Champagne. It's smooth, mild-medium yet full of flavor. So when many people who also had the Champagne as their #1 told me the Noir would replace it, I was very intrigued. After sampling, they did not lie.

The piece I sampled was the Epicure, 54x6. It sat in my humi for 4 days. The others should be better as time goes on. It's described as being nearly identical to the Champagne with two tweaks. One is slight, to the filler which has had a little bit of a make over. The descriptions say it's the same but my local tobacconist who's met and known Nick Perdomo for a while says they did mess with the fillers slightly. But the big difference is the tripple fermented Maduro wrapper which is aged 14 months. The result is nothing short of Godliness. All the smoothness and thick smokely plumes of the original champagne, but bolder richer flavors and aroma. The flavors also are a bit different. The original Champagne has a solid toasted wood and nut flavor profile for me. This is more rich tobacco, coffee and nuts. And the aroma is full with a coffee/mocha profile.

The best part...it's the same exact price as the original champagnes at about $6 a pop. This is simply put, the best cigar for the buck I've ever had. PERIOD. I defy someone to find one better for the same price point. That title used to be held for me personally by the Champagne as mentioned. Perdomo out did themselves and keeping it the same price puts it head and shoulders above all.

Ogre
10-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the review brother. I had one 2 weeks ago and it didnt do it for me. Not saying it was bad, just not for me.

INT
10-17-2011, 09:41 PM
No problem. Everyone's tastes are different. I've had some sticks people thought were awesome that left me scratching my head, and some that people thought were meh that I loved. It's all in the eye of the beholder. Another thing that makes this world of the cigar unique :tu

Ogre
10-17-2011, 09:46 PM
Thats why I love reading the reviews. I would have tried one (if I had not already) because of your review.

falconman515
10-18-2011, 01:06 AM
I've got like 3 different Perdomo's in the cooler one is a lot23 and another is some anniversary edition or something.

Thanks for the review these are now on my mind to give a try.

HollywoodQue
10-18-2011, 01:45 AM
Thanks for sharing.

deadrise
10-18-2011, 03:52 AM
very good review I will be trying one of these soon

kelmac07
10-18-2011, 05:24 AM
Sweet...sitting on one of these.

RatherUneek
10-18-2011, 06:52 AM
Great review! I will probably pick one of these up as well as an original.

gator_79
10-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Nice review...Although I've never had a Perdomo that I really liked. I've smoked a 5'er of the Lot 23 Maduro, I've had various smokes from the habano series, ESV's, and also the 10th anny maduro and champagne. I can't say that enjoyed any of them. That is what makes this hobby so great...Selection.

dave
10-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the review. I'm looking forward to trying this. Never been much of a fan of the Champagne - just too mild, muted and muddied for me. However, Nick does a good job with maduro wrappers (and corojo) and I'll give this one a go. I'm particularly looking forward to the new ESV Maddies, however.

Skywalker
10-18-2011, 03:51 PM
I was curious about these!

Thanks for the review!!!:tu

lyle23
10-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Nice job on the review. Im a maduro guy but the original champagne is my favorite mild-medium flavored stick. I've been curious about the noir since I first saw it. Im now gonna get a few of these :tu

falconman515
10-18-2011, 11:50 PM
Based on seeing this yesterday I tried my first Perdomo today....

Perdomo Reserve 10th Criollo

Not bad of a stick.... I've got a lot 23 in the humi that I will try next.

Thanks for the review again.

RatherUneek
10-19-2011, 06:44 AM
Based on seeing this yesterday I tried my first Perdomo today....

Perdomo Reserve 10th Criollo

Not bad of a stick.... I've got a lot 23 in the humi that I will try next.

Thanks for the review again.

I bought one too based on the review yesterday on my lunch break. Going to let it rest a bit. May try it this weekend.

INT
10-19-2011, 06:45 AM
Nice job on the review. Im a maduro guy but the original champagne is my favorite mild-medium flavored stick. I've been curious about the noir since I first saw it. Im now gonna get a few of these :tu

Same here. I've actually slowly developed as a Maduro guy as I've grown in this hobby. I was initially turned off because quite frankly I dove into Maduros and fuller smokes to soon. But as I smoked more and more and graduated slowly in strength the bolder flavors of Maduros have really taken over with me. I still enjoy my mild-mediums, especially first thing in the morning with some Joe or when I'm not feeling a fuller smoke. And like you, in that category the original Champagne was my favorite.

I would not rate this cigar as full bodied, even though it's advertised as medium-full. It's Medium. Maybe right at the end it get's a little stronger.

Moose6026
10-26-2011, 06:54 PM
I like the Perdomo Lot 23 maddys alot and after reading this review I ordered me some of the Chamagne Noir. Thanks for the review. I love seeing everyones different viewpoints and opinions

cmitch
10-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the review brother. I had one 2 weeks ago and it didnt do it for me. Not saying it was bad, just not for me.

You smoked the epicure? The super toro is much better, to me. The epicure just never achieved the flavor the super toro did.

Zeuceone
10-26-2011, 09:10 PM
Smoked one last week and still like the regular champagne much better.

INT
10-27-2011, 06:43 AM
You smoked the epicure? The super toro is much better, to me. The epicure just never achieved the flavor the super toro did.

May have to try the super.

LigaPrivadaT84
10-27-2011, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the review.
:tu

Crownedone
11-04-2011, 07:54 AM
The original champaign is one of my top 5. I am also a big maduro fan. So I am very interested in these. Unfortunatly they are still on order at my local B&M.