PDA

View Full Version : Calling all CA Greeks

rebelknight
10-11-2011, 05:02 PM
In my time in the asylum I've noticed quite a few people here with Greek sounding names. I am half Greek. Last name is Mihalitsas, my family own diners and all that other good Greek stuff. I wanted to find all the asylum Greeks and get them together on one thread. Maybe one day we could even get together at a herf and meet each other.

chippewastud79
10-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Where is Christos? I think he fits the bill. :hm

LostAbbott
10-11-2011, 05:14 PM
I saw this expecting to come in here and fin a bunch of frat boys talking about their days of hazing freshmen. Glad to see you are all about real Greeks... Carry on...

KidRock
10-11-2011, 06:34 PM

he is deep into his law books :) lol yeah mr christos fits the bill. Do you by any chance have curley hair? or look like a speed skater?

replicant_argent
10-11-2011, 06:43 PM
I had a gyros the other day, is that close enough?

rebelknight
10-11-2011, 09:40 PM
I saw this expecting to come in here and fin a bunch of frat boys talking about their days of hazing freshmen. Glad to see you are all about real Greeks... Carry on...

;s Didn't mean to disappoint you. It probably exists somewhere on this sight. haha

he is deep into his law books :) lol yeah mr christos fits the bill. Do you by any chance have curley hair? or look like a speed skater?

At the moment no on the curly hair because it is short but when it gets long it is very curly and Greek looking. I'm not quite sure what a speed skater looks like but I'm going to say yes anyway:sh

I had a gyros the other day, is that close enough?

:r

mmblz
10-12-2011, 06:12 AM

:tpd:
I was going to ask for some crappy beer...

Blak Smyth
10-12-2011, 06:15 AM
Haha oh boy Taki has a home! I will PM him with this thread!

Taki
10-12-2011, 06:50 AM
Real Greek Here (100%) from the Philly Area....Ioannidis is the last name.
Love the thread man great idea. HaHa my father used to own a couple of diners, not anymore though got rid of them. Happy to meet any Greek thats a BOTL

hotreds
10-12-2011, 08:02 AM
It's all Greek to me!

Μηνιν αϜειδε Θεά Πηληϊαδεω Αχιλῆος
ουλομενην ἥ μῡρί' Αχαιoῖς αλγε' εθηκε
πολλὰς δ' ιφθῑμους ψῡχὰς ΑϜιδι προϊαψεν
ἡρωων αυτοὺς δε Ϝελωρια τευχε κυνεσσιν
οιωνοῖσι τε πᾶσι · Διὸς δ' ετελειετο βουλή ·
εξ οὑ δη τα πρωτα διαστητην ερισαητε
Ατρεϊδης τε Ϝαναξ ανδρῶν και δῑος Αχιλλεύς .

Blak Smyth
10-12-2011, 08:06 AM
It's all Greek to me!

Still pretty greek to me after translating it?

Wrath Ϝ saw a goddess Piliiadeo Achilios
oulomenin the myrί 'Achaiois algae' ethike
many d ifthimous souls A Ϝ properties proiapsen
those heroes not Ϝ eloria Vol kynessin
oionoisi tech Pasi; Zeus d eteleieto chamber;
hence the first public diastitin erisaite
Atreides king of men tech Ϝ Zeus and Achilles.

rebelknight
10-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Real Greek Here (100%) from the Philly Area....Ioannidis is the last name.
Love the thread man great idea. HaHa my father used to own a couple of diners, not anymore though got rid of them. Happy to meet any Greek thats a BOTL

Thanks. Nice to meet you Taki. Glad another Greek found this thread.

It's all Greek to me!

My Greek isn't that good Hugh but I will work on translating this on a day when I don't have two midterms.

Taki
10-12-2011, 12:04 PM
Nice to meet you too Rebelknight....Always nice to meet a fellow Greek!!

10-12-2011, 12:16 PM

Ya think? :r: :D

TBone
10-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Ya think? :r: :D

Try not to between 6 and 6...and on that note will be back in town around thanksgiving any way we can meet up again and burn a few?

VirtualSmitty
10-12-2011, 03:25 PM
I missread the title and thought this was going to be a computer help thread.

GreekGodX
10-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Checking in!! I definitely thought this was going to be a frat thread too. Definitely excited to see some other Greeks on here :D Where have you all been hiding??

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/GreekGodX/Forum%20images/GreekWeek.jpg

Stephen
10-12-2011, 04:29 PM
My contribution to the thread:
http://s4.hubimg.com/u/2753399_f260.jpg
Don't worry, there's more where that came from.:tu

GreekGodX
10-12-2011, 04:52 PM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/GreekGodX/Forum%20images/200px-Greece_National_Crest.jpg

rebelknight
10-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Checking in!! I definitely thought this was going to be a frat thread too. Definitely excited to see some other Greeks on here :D Where have you all been hiding??

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/GreekGodX/Forum%20images/GreekWeek.jpg

Finally. I was beginning to think everyone was making you up. Nice to meet you Christo.

GreekGodX
10-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Finally. I was beginning to think everyone was making you up. Nice to meet you Christo.

Great idea for the thread :tu I'm a bit busy these days so it took me a moment to see this. Nice to 'meet' you too.

rebelknight
10-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Great idea for the thread :tu I'm a bit busy these days so it took me a moment to see this. Nice to 'meet' you too.

Thanks. I definitely understand about being busy too. I just finished my first round of midterms and I still have a ton of work to do. CA is my biggest time waster(reason to procrastinate) though.

Taki
10-13-2011, 07:47 AM
Hey Christo....I love the Olympiakos avatar (assuming that is where you got that from), I have followed them for years now with my father, we are both huge fans.:D

GreekGodX
10-13-2011, 08:25 AM
Hey Christo....I love the Olympiakos avatar (assuming that is where you got that from), I have followed them for years now with my father, we are both huge fans.:D

It is from Olympiakos :) There are no other teams in Greece ;)

billybarue
10-14-2011, 07:12 PM
Spent two weeks in Central/Northern Greece in July. Mostly in Larissa visiting my brother on a NATO assignment. Spent a few days up around Thessaloniki.

Highlights were:
Delphi
Tomb of Phillip II (father of Alexander)
Thormopylae and the statue of Leonidas
Thessaloniki
Every meal I had!

GreekGodX
10-14-2011, 07:43 PM
Spent two weeks in Central/Northern Greece in July. Mostly in Larissa visiting my brother on a NATO assignment. Spent a few days up around Thessaloniki.

Highlights were:
Delphi
Tomb of Phillip II (father of Alexander)
Thormopylae and the statue of Leonidas
Thessaloniki
Every meal I had!

mmm food in Thessaloniki is amazing.

rebelknight
10-15-2011, 12:41 PM
It's sad to say but I have never been to Greece. If everything works out I should be going with the family this summer.

Taki
10-17-2011, 12:47 PM
It's sad to say but I have never been to Greece. If everything works out I should be going with the family this summer.

Sorry Brother...that is unfortunate. When I was younger I used to go to Greece every other year but havn't been back for a few years now, but planing a trip next fall for me and my wife (shes never been)...can't wait!:)

rebelknight
12-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Greece draw Poland, Russia and the Czech Republic in their group for the 2012 UEFA Euro cup. I'd be disappointed if they don't get out of this pool. Hears to hoping it's a repeat of 2004. I still remember watching the second game against Portugal.

Taki
12-03-2011, 07:17 AM
Greece draw Poland, Russia and the Czech Republic in their group for the 2012 UEFA Euro cup. I'd be disappointed if they don't get out of this pool. Hears to hoping it's a repeat of 2004. I still remember watching the second game against Portugal.

I still have all the games tapped....what a great year!!!
We should definitely get out of the group stage...if not you are so right, it would be very disappointing

GreekGodX
12-04-2011, 06:52 PM
I was in Greece when they won the Euro cup. It is something I will never forget :)

I don't know about an easy draw though.. Russia and Poland are good. Russia is a bit older but they can score. Poland is the host country and that is always dangerous.

rebelknight
12-04-2011, 08:51 PM
I was in Greece when they won the Euro cup. It is something I will never forget :)

I don't know about an easy draw though.. Russia and Poland are good. Russia is a bit older but they can score. Poland is the host country and that is always dangerous.

This is true but if they can't get out of this group I don't see them surviving in any of the other groups either. Things could turn out very different but looking at it right now it looks like the group with the least amount of "serious" competition. Poland doesn't worry me so much. Hosting is a great honor but they didn't have to go through qualifying and may not be up to the test. Austria and Switzerland combined for 4 points and failed to get out of the group stage in 2008 and well we know what happened to Portugal in 2004 ;)

GreekGodX
12-05-2011, 11:56 AM
I bet Portugal is wishing they were in our group. Their group is insane!

Taki
06-06-2012, 05:58 AM
Any Greek out there taking off / or has off Friday to watch the Game???? Cant wait to the start of the tournament!!

68TriShield
06-06-2012, 06:59 AM
Sounds racist to me :hm

rebelknight
06-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Im in a golf tournament friday but i'll have the game on on my phone. I know that's against golf etiquette but some things are just too important to play by the rules

Taki
06-06-2012, 07:45 AM
Im in a golf tournament friday but i'll have the game on on my phone. I know that's against golf etiquette but some things are just too important to play by the rules

Love the attitude brother!! I will be watching it on a tv at work! My wife yelled at me for using my vacation days...apparently I need to save them for when we have our baby in Nov.

GreekGodX
06-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Sounds racist to me :hm

This isn't where you parked your car, Dave :r

I will be watching the game online while I'm in class then go somewhere to watch the rest. EuroCup 2012! :wo

Mugen910
06-06-2012, 11:13 AM
I know how to swear in greek...does that count? :D

GreekGodX
06-06-2012, 12:34 PM
I know how to swear in greek...does that count? :D

You are in Bao! We will just say you are from a village up in the mountains :)

hotreds
06-06-2012, 04:12 PM
I lived in Athens for two years- does that count? είναι ελληνικά για μένα!

Taki
06-06-2012, 04:30 PM
You are in Bao! We will just say you are from a village up in the mountains :)

:lr :lr

Taki
06-08-2012, 05:39 AM
Go Greece!!!!!

Blak Smyth
06-08-2012, 05:40 AM
My neighbor is Greek, does that count?

Taki
06-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Garbage....refs were terrible in this game!!
Should have got the win!! But happy the tie was there

Taki
06-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Samaras sucks by the way...he never wants to get back on D and his touch is horrendous!!!!

rebelknight
06-09-2012, 05:13 PM
I'll take the point especially after going down a man and a goal but really wish we had scored on the penalty

GreekGodX
06-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Samaras sucks by the way...he never wants to get back on D and his touch is horrendous!!!!

I totally disagree Taki. He is one of our best offensive players and has great touch but some times hangs onto the ball too long. He will be a big reason we advance if that happens. His defense is not going to make or break Greece.

Taki
06-10-2012, 09:32 AM
I totally disagree Taki. He is one of our best offensive players and has great touch but some times hangs onto the ball too long. He will be a big reason we advance if that happens. His defense is not going to make or break Greece.

Really?? He hasn't contributed really anything in the past and has only scored 4 goals this year for Celtic (not an offensive threat at all. I think we need to start playing our youngsters a little more??

GreekGodX
06-10-2012, 10:32 AM
He has to get going. His talent is there, he just needs to taste the back of the net or set up others and he will be fine. He did have some bad plays but he's better than that. Salpingidis should have started.

Taki
06-10-2012, 12:39 PM
He has to get going. His talent is there, he just needs to taste the back of the net or set up others and he will be fine. He did have some bad plays but he's better than that. Salpingidis should have started.

Couldn't agree more with Salpingidis starting!!! He is such a tenacious player...I love the way he gets after the ball and he's got some speed to him which helps down the right flanks. Well it should be a great tourney!

rebelknight
06-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Very disappointed with yesterdays game. They can't just show up in the second half against Russia if they have any chance of advancing. Only part of the first half i enjoyed was the battle between karagounis and rosicky in the midfield. Those two were really going at it. Samaras play in the second half was more than i expected also.

GreekGodX
06-13-2012, 01:08 PM
I only saw the second half of the game. Apparently I missed all the excitement. Need a win against Russia. Unfortunately we only can score 1 goal a game so the defense better be on top of their game.

rebelknight
06-17-2012, 08:05 AM
They definitely did exactly what they needed to do yesterday. And in typical greek form 1-0. They looked very good though and actually played a complete game. My only problem was the officiating. That yellow for karagounis keeps him out of the quarters. I'm pullong for Denmark today. If they win the group i believe we'd play them.

GreekGodX
06-17-2012, 08:12 AM
The Karagounis yellow is going to hurt and that really makes me think we don't have a chance in the next round. But Greece likes to grind it out so we will see!

pearson
06-17-2012, 03:47 PM
My contribution to the thread:
http://s4.hubimg.com/u/2753399_f260.jpg
Don't worry, there's more where that came from.:tu

Exactly what I was thinking

Taki
07-16-2012, 05:51 AM
Thought Greece was going to pull it out yesterday...for those who dont know what I am talking about, the Under 19 Euro Championship. It was a good game and I am excited for those youngsters to get a chance to play for the National team :tu

Anyone else watch the game???