PDA

View Full Version : NE Beers

emopunker2004
10-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Making a trip to New England in a couple weeks. Any microbrews I should be on the look out for?

Resipsa
10-09-2011, 06:14 PM
New England is a big place. Where will you be?

emopunker2004
10-09-2011, 06:16 PM
New England is a big place. Where will you be?

Mostly in CT. But we will be going to PA, NYC, and Boston too

W.B.
10-09-2011, 06:21 PM
If you can get near New Hampshire, try Portsmouth Brewery. Great brewery, If your really lucky you may even get a chance to try Kate the Great. One of the best beers in the world. If going hinges on that I would definitely call ahead to see if it's on tap. 603-431-1115

Resipsa
10-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Look for new England Brewing beers in CT, GREAT stuff from them. In the Boston area check out julios liquours in westborough, that's a great place to shop.

In NYC lots of great places, but check out Rattle n Hum. Also, look at the beermenus site, lots of great info on what is on tap where, and where to buy stuff:

http://www.beermenus.com/

If you can head a little north of Manhatten, head up to Pleasantville and check out Captain Lawrence brewery, they make some great stuff you won't find elsewhere

Salvelinus
10-09-2011, 07:07 PM
I know nothing about CT beers or what is available there, so here goes...

If you're going to be in Boston check out the Cambridge Brewing Company in Kendall Square. The Sunset in Alston has just about a lifetimes worth of beers available also.

Kate day has passed for 2011 so there is little chance of getting that beer. Portsmouth brewery makes the Smuttynose beers, most of which are worth trying.

Maine beer company is a newish little brewery with some great beers that you probably can't get in Florida. Not sure if they are distributing to CT, but they are in VT so they are probably there too.

SteelCityBoy
10-10-2011, 09:09 AM
If you can get just across the southeast border of CT into Rhode Island there is a brewery called Newport Storm. I had the opportunity to vacation in Mystic, CT this past summer and we came upon this brewery. They have some great beers and they even make rum (didn't know it but apparently they used to brew a bunch of rum out of CT back in the day).

Anyway, they offer brewery tours and beer / rum sampling (you get the keep the glass which is cool!)

Sounds like you have a heck of a trip on your hands with all the places you are going to be but if you get time, check it out...

http://newportstorm.com/index2.php