PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati, Ohio

Vigiles
10-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Hello,

A few friends and I will be driving to Cinci in about 2 weeks. We will only be staying 2 days, however I would like to hit up a cigar shop or 3 and possibly a bar, or somewhere fun to smoke.

Last year we drove to NYC for the day, and ended up having a smoke on a bench in the middle of a street. (first time to NY, it was very cool)

Any tips or cool things to see or just general info about the city would be great!

Thank you!

BengalMan
10-07-2011, 08:45 PM
What days will you be in town Garrett? Depending on when you'll be here I can recommend where to go as there are some local shops that have weekly events, but are always on the same day of the week. There are a few other shops in the greater Cincinnati area to hit up as well.

Vigiles
10-08-2011, 04:51 AM
We will be there Sunday and Monday. (23rd and 24th.) I am hoping we will get there around 2pm Sunday, and will leave sometime early afternoon monday.

Brian D.
10-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Hello. Keep in mind that Cincy is on the Ohio River and the metro area stretches into Kentucky as well as Ohio. The latter state has a VERY restrictive smoking ban indoors, not much other than tobacco shops are exempted. Ky. gives you a bunch more choices as to WHERE to light up.

BengalMan probably gave you some particular stores to visit, hopefully he covered that subject well.

BengalMan
10-09-2011, 02:50 PM
We will be there Sunday and Monday. (23rd and 24th.) I am hoping we will get there around 2pm Sunday, and will leave sometime early afternoon monday.

Your selection is limited as far as where to smoke on Sunday's and Monday's. The big event locations do their smokers on Tuesday's and Thursday's.

Sunday I recommend Anthony's Cigar Bar in West Chester, OH. You can smoke inside all day and they have quite a few TV's, a good beer, bourbon and scotch selection, and some pretty tasty food.

Monday you can check out Straus Tobacconist. They have two locations, one downtown Cincy, but with very little seating. The second is in Florence, KY and has a nice sized lounge. I believe the Florence location is open on Sunday as well.

Definitely stop by The Party Source right across the river in Bellevue, KY. Amazing humidor and great prices. If your up by Anthony's, make some extra time and check out Jungle Jim's in Fairfield. Great selection in the humidor and store is nothing short of amazing. They have everything you could ever want covered.

That about covers it though, not a lot of shops in the Cincy area to smoke in honestly.

chippewastud79
10-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Sunday during the day will provide you a number of bars in the Newport KY area you can smoke in. I recommend the Beer Sellar on Riverboat Row, TV's, 60 taps, and plenty of open space. When the day gets closer, hit me up with a reminder bump on this thread and maybe a few of us from the area could meet up with you (not imposing, but if you would like company). :tu

Brian D.
10-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Hey BengalMan shame on you for omitting Carrousel Tobacconist out in Roselawn/Reading. (Great selection of new and especially estate pipes, plus decent cigar choices.) And, bless you :D for omitting Bell's House of Tobacco from the list, I'd rather quit on premium cigars and be stuck with grape White Owls than set foot in Bell's.

chippewastud79
10-09-2011, 07:02 PM
And, bless you :D for omitting Bell's House of Tobacco from the list, I'd rather quit on premium cigars and be stuck with grape White Owls than set foot in Bell's.

:r

chatboardhero
10-10-2011, 11:44 AM
You should surely stop by The Party Source!

elderboy02
10-10-2011, 11:52 AM
You should surely stop by The Party Source!

+1. The Party Source is the ultimate destination :tu

irratebass
10-10-2011, 12:02 PM
+1. The Party Source is the ultimate destination :tu

:tpd: This guy should be the spokesperson for this place, he is the Partysource whore :D

elderboy02
10-10-2011, 12:31 PM
:tpd: This guy should be the spokesperson for this place, he is the Partysource whore :D

:r We are going to get your ass to the Party Source sometime. If you come to the 11/5 herf in Cincy, Party Source is only 1 minute from where we are smoking at