PDA

View Full Version : Well my wife uttered those fatal words

irratebass
10-04-2011, 03:49 AM
"When is this all going to stop, when are you going to have enough?" referring to my cigars.......sigh......

Zeuceone
10-04-2011, 04:04 AM
It was nice while it lasted, lol.

Don Fernando
10-04-2011, 04:05 AM
there's only one answer:

You can never have too much cigars

deadrise
10-04-2011, 04:07 AM
yea nice knowing ya man

my wife says that on a weekly basis some women just don't understand
right now all I here is you just got 100 cigars with that computer trade why are you still ordering cigars :gary

longknocker
10-04-2011, 04:31 AM
"More Cigars" ???? :fl I Heard This From My Wife A Few Times.:r It's Hopeless To Resist, Mickey!:)

Blak Smyth
10-04-2011, 05:14 AM
Just tell her I almost have enough!;)
And repeat this line for eternity!

WittyUserName
10-04-2011, 05:15 AM
Damn Mickey, I am sorry brother.

Barcode
10-04-2011, 05:37 AM
Ask her the same question referring to her shoes. :D

Fordman4ever
10-04-2011, 05:41 AM
If she makes you get rid of them, keep me in mind.
:r:r:r:r:r

emopunker2004
10-04-2011, 05:42 AM

Yeh that wouldn't work for me. Glad my wife goes with the "as long as the bills get paid" mentality. :tu

Subvet642
10-04-2011, 06:19 AM
This may seem inflammatory, and thank the Gods my wife feels the same way, but anyone who would deny a man his Liberty in his own home is a tyrant.

forgop
10-04-2011, 06:29 AM
I think your wife must be the only one saying that. I don't think anyone else has heard anything like that.

Lonely Raven
10-04-2011, 06:39 AM
I hate to say this...but time to hide the purchases/stock.

CigarSquid
10-04-2011, 06:43 AM
I got it from mine. I told her, Once the cooler is filled I am done. Low and behold, She gets the mail yesterday, There is a package from CI with a sampler and a bundle.

'I thought you said you were done?' My response, was two things. 1, I said when the cooler is filled.. Ill make it fit. 2, I said I was done, after these shipped.

macsauce13
10-04-2011, 06:57 AM

This is a bad idea.

Subvet642
10-04-2011, 07:02 AM
I think your wife must be the only one saying that. I don't think anyone else has heard anything like that.

We talk like that all the time, but we're fierce patriots and history geeks.

NeuRon
10-04-2011, 07:04 AM
gotta buy her a coach purse every now and then...

9 cigar boxes for you and 1 coach purse for her..
before you know it, she has like 12 purses, and you have 3-4 coolers full.. But she cant say anything!

Life is all balance.. lol

CigarSquid
10-04-2011, 07:09 AM
This is a bad idea.

:banger I read this.. and thought... Humm.. Lets see his post when she 'finds' the purchase.. If he can make a post after that.

Ashcan Bill
10-04-2011, 07:19 AM
I'm fortunate.

My wife has similar issues with purses and shoes. :lr

Ogre
10-04-2011, 07:31 AM
I have it figured it out with Leigh. I just buy her a couple with my purchase. Her humidor is getting quit full!!!!!

Blak Smyth
10-04-2011, 07:41 AM
gotta buy her a coach purse every now and then...

9 cigar boxes for you and 1 coach purse for her..
before you know it, she has like 12 purses, and you have 3-4 coolers full.. But she cant say anything!

Life is all balance.. lol

Coach purses will get you out of alot of jams!:tu:r

hotreds
10-04-2011, 07:47 AM
Just a flesh wound, brother!

IBQTEE1
10-04-2011, 07:55 AM
This is why I don't have a wife!! :r

NeuRon
10-04-2011, 07:58 AM
This is why I don't have a wife!! :r

your missing out!!!

they do your laundry, clean the house, cook dinner... come in handy sometimes :D:D:D

sometimes :sl

pektel
10-04-2011, 08:10 AM
1) Take testicles back from wife. They are probably in her closet with all the shoes and other extraneous, unjustifiable purchases she has made.

2) Order more cigars.

pektel
10-04-2011, 08:11 AM
^for clarification, that was sarcasm.

kelmac07
10-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Mickey...Kellie asks me the same thing everytime a new package arrives. :D

Skywalker
10-04-2011, 08:30 AM
No worries!

Eventually, It just sounds like "Bla bla bla bla bla!":D

maninblack
10-04-2011, 08:32 AM
My wife gave up a couple years ago. She knew it fell on deaf ears. Good luck with yours Mickey!

neoflex
10-04-2011, 08:34 AM
The key is too mask the true amount of what you purchase so it does not look as bad as it really is and although it sounds dishonest it keeps the comments and the bickering down to a minimum. You have to eliminate as much of the paper trail as possible. :r Ways to do this is to either have a separate credit card with paperless billing or a reloadbale credit card or do more splits with guys so you can send funds via PooPal or Money Order for your end. You know, that's what I've heard on how to be a sneaky cigar buying bastage.:r

Skywalker
10-04-2011, 08:55 AM
The key is too mask the true amount of what you purchase so it does not look as bad as it really is and although it sounds dishonest it keeps the comments and the bickering down to a minimum. You have to eliminate as much of the paper trail as possible. :r Ways to do this is to either have a separate credit card with paperless billing or a reloadbale credit card or do more splits with guys so you can send funds via PooPal or Money Order for your end. You know, that's what I've heard on how to be a sneaky cigar buying bastage.:r

It also helps if you attribute packages to Bombs!!! Just say, "Those guys!!!" when a package arrives!:D

Blak Smyth
10-04-2011, 08:56 AM
It also helps if you attribute packages to Bombs!!! Just say, "Those guys!!!" when a package arrives!:D

:r

That's what I do now:D
She says whats that? I say look how insane these guys are!:tu

(Then she says I don't believe you and I say whats for dinner?)(J/K)

Ogre
10-04-2011, 09:51 AM
your missing out!!!

they do your laundry, clean the house, cook dinner... come in handy sometimes :D:D:D

No Ron, they are talking about WIVES!!!!!!

Lonely Raven
10-04-2011, 09:55 AM
:banger I read this.. and thought... Humm.. Lets see his post when she 'finds' the purchase.. If he can make a post after that.

If you only knew the stuff I get away with. But then, she's bad about online purchases as well, and I've been buying her stuff all the time.

But she truly has no idea how much "stuff" I have. :r

Sonic04GT
10-04-2011, 10:13 AM
My girlfriend calls me an old man because I smoke cigars. I'm 24.

shilala
10-04-2011, 10:28 AM
I don't get any gaff whatsoever.
This reminds me of a McDonald's commercial that's been on football. The woman says "Margie's boyfriend says Sunday is only for watching football? What do you think?"
Then the little guy thinks and shivers and pees a little and says "He's a jerk."
That's sad. Very sad. On about a thousand nutless levels.
Granted, Liberty works both ways. My actions can't deny the Liberty of my wife and children.
I married well. My wife watches football with me constantly and makes sure our schedule works around it.
While I was typing she spun around and asked when I wanted to go to Florida to go diving.
I rest my case. :D

icehog3
10-04-2011, 10:29 AM
I had a wife once. For me, it was overrated. :r

Blak Smyth
10-04-2011, 10:31 AM

haha my wife thinks the same thing about me!:tu
She has been very accepting about it though, she just doesn't like me spending money when we don't have it.

10-04-2011, 10:43 AM
your missing out!!!

they do your laundry, clean the house, cook dinner... come in handy sometimes :D

Will you tell my wife that?

j/k, she does all that and more

No worries!

Eventually, It just sounds like "Bla bla bla bla bla!":D

This is very true. It doesn't take long for a married man to develop what is known as "selective hearing". Your mind will turn any unwanted noise, children screaming, wife's complaining, broken appliances, etc, into white noise that you don't even process anymore. I'm convinced it's a self-defense mechanism built into the male brain to keep us from losing our minds. :D

Stephen
10-04-2011, 11:24 AM
"When is this all going to stop, when are you going to have enough?" referring to my cigars.......sigh......
...And so I told her, "If you'd spend half as much time sticking your nose in a cookbook as you do my business, maybe I could get an edible meal around here."

THAT's how the story is supposed to end.:tu

;)

shilala
10-04-2011, 11:29 AM
After Weeze asked me about going to Florida, while she was on her way to work while I sit home, she told me I need to go find a new car.
That's close enough to "cigar" that I think I'll just go buy a bunch of cigars. I can do that from my chair. :tu

N2 GOLD
10-04-2011, 11:33 AM

True, my wife has never asked "when will it stop"

She is stuck on "AGAIN" every time I place my order or get something in the mail... :r :r :r

Lonely Raven
10-04-2011, 11:35 AM

My fiance calls me old man because she's 13 years younger than me! :D

N2 GOLD
10-04-2011, 11:44 AM
My fiance calls me old man because she's 13 years younger than me! :D

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJswyJ_7nZBHI5HK3B7e6Z3E4-7XJ_AagBUot_M6n9UtY3uvCF

I'm sorry I had toooooo.... :r :r

neoflex
10-04-2011, 11:47 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJswyJ_7nZBHI5HK3B7e6Z3E4-7XJ_AagBUot_M6n9UtY3uvCF

I'm sorry I had toooooo.... :r :r

boonedoggle
10-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Hey, that's what my wife told me shortly before running off with another dude! No Joke! :sl

liltim
10-04-2011, 11:49 AM

I definitely agree with this. Sounds like a great argument ender.

pektel
10-04-2011, 12:06 PM
I definitely agree with this. Sounds like a great argument ender.

pektel
10-04-2011, 12:07 PM

The proper response is:

"Is that what you want to do today? Fight?"

irratebass
10-04-2011, 12:20 PM

I thought about this, but decided against it, then the new cutter arrived and she was gone, so I opened it up checked it out and put the receipt with my flat rate boxes (in case I need to send it back) and put it with my stash.
The key is too mask the true amount of what you purchase so it does not look as bad as it really is and although it sounds dishonest it keeps the comments and the bickering down to a minimum. You have to eliminate as much of the paper trail as possible. :r Way to do this is do more splits with guys so you can send funds via PooPal or Money Order.:r

This I would like to do, but no one I know out of here smokes...well my co-worker...hmmm will have to think about this.

This I have thought of

I don't get any gaff whatsoever.
This reminds me of a McDonald's commercial that's been on football. The woman says "Margie's boyfriend says Sunday is only for watching football? What do you think?"
Then the little guy thinks and shivers and pees a little and says "He's a jerk."
That's sad. Very sad. On about a thousand nutless levels.
Granted, Liberty works both ways. My actions can't deny the Liberty of my wife and children.
I married well. My wife watches football with me constantly and makes sure our schedule works around it.
While I was typing she spun around and asked when I wanted to go to Florida to go diving.
I rest my case. :D

I HATE that frickin commercial

Thanks for the support guys....all will be ok, just needed some sympathy I guess.

xlc12rf
10-04-2011, 02:14 PM
As long as it is not interfering with the finances, what's the big deal?

I tell my wife that I am my own person, and I refuse to end activities that give me enjoyment just because she says so. This is why I still smoke cigars, ride my motorcycle, etc.

I had to explain it carefully, but when she understood that she was just being selfish, she stopped giving me grief completely. Now she half supports it, if it makes me happy.

irratebass
10-04-2011, 02:50 PM

I tell my wife that I am my own person, and I refuse to end activities that give me enjoyment just because she says so. This is why I still smoke cigars, ride my motorcycle, etc.

I had to explain it carefully, but when she understood that she was just being selfish, she stopped giving me grief completely. Now she half supports it, if it makes me happy.

My hero! :wnr I need to know exactly what you said to her lol. Finances are covered and all that, she even got mad at me when I told her I was going to get a pt job...she thought it was to get away from her, I explained that it was for cigars, music & videogames....I really don't see the big deal either....maybe she needs a hobby?

Ok this has turned into the oprah show now lol sorry.

DPD6030
10-04-2011, 02:51 PM
My reply to that would be, Well dear, when you are done buying shoes or clothes I'll be done buying cigars!

Volusianator
10-04-2011, 02:57 PM
I personally give you permission to use my late fathers famous words, "I'll decide!"

neoflex
10-04-2011, 03:07 PM
This I would like to do, but no one I know out of here smokes...well my co-worker...hmmm will have to think about this.

Do splits with fellow Asylum members and just claim the packages to be bombs or have them sent to work.:D

neoflex
10-04-2011, 03:10 PM

For the most part my wife no longer cares as she knows it is something I enjoy and she knows she can usually just buy whatever she wants too. But to keep it from becoming a problem or a box or two costing me even more money in the whole well you bought a box of cigars so I bought a pair of shoes I do exercise caution. If my collection didn't have all my storage devices busting at the seems including an decent sized end table cabinet I wouldn't even bother hiding some of my purchases but I am too the point where my collection is far exceeding what I could consume in a couple years.:r

CigarSquid
10-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Do splits with fellow Asylum members and just claim the packages to be bombs or have them sent to work.:D

Why didn't I think of having them sent to work. Brilliant:noon!

Smokin Gator
10-04-2011, 03:55 PM
I pretty much answer "never" to both questions and that is the end of that discussion. I never, and I mean never, ask her about the stuff she buys, so I won't let her question anything I buy.

icehog3
10-04-2011, 04:39 PM
I had to give the ex half my chit, but I kept all the cigars and the dog. :r

Lonely Raven
10-04-2011, 05:07 PM
I had to give the ex half my chit, but I kept all the cigars and the dog. :r

Well, you got to keep the dog...so that all worked out.

irratebass
10-04-2011, 06:44 PM
For the most part my wife no longer cares as she knows it is something I enjoy and she knows she can usually just buy whatever she wants too. But to keep it from becoming a problem or a box or two costing me even more money in the whole well you bought a box of cigars so I bought a pair of shoes I do exercise caution. If my collection didn't have all my storage devices busting at the seems including an decent sized end table cabinet I wouldn't even bother hiding some of my purchases but I am too the point where my collection is far exceeding what I could consume in a couple years.:r

Yeah, that's just it...I have NEVER denied her anything she wanted to buy.

Why didn't I think of having them sent to work. Brilliant:noon!

We work together *que everyone going "Ohhhhhhh" like in a sitcom*

Well, you got to keep the dog...so that all worked out.

And the cigars! :ss

chippewastud79
10-04-2011, 07:04 PM
See my signature. ;)

And there is no need to hide purchases, just abide by the "24 hour rule". When a purchase comes in, put it in the appropriate place (humidor, drawer, etc.), if she doesn't notice within 24 hours then she can't complain/be upset about it/tell you to take it back. :tu

cmitch
10-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Had the same conversation with my wife not long ago. That's why I have a locker at the B&M. You're either going to have to get more creative on where to hide them or suffer their wrath!