PDA

View Full Version : Cain Daytona Double Toro

Newbie_nick
09-30-2011, 08:01 PM
This is my first attempt at a cigar review, so be kind! I went to my local B&M tonight and selected a Cain Daytona Double Toro (6"x60). To me, the cigar had a beautiful carmel color to it, and although they had other sizes, I was tempted into buying the biggest one! It was too interesting to pass up.

Originally, I used a punch on this cigar, but my pre-lit draw seemed a bit tight. Before toasting the foot, I took a few draws on it, and I used my straight cutter to give me a better draw. Once I toasted and lit the cigar, the first taste was heavy on pepper. In fact, I had to take a good drink of my coffee to keep the pepper at bay. After the 1st third, I started to get more sweetness and less pepper, and I tasted more cedar. In the final 1/3, the pepper really came on strong, and it got so strong that I actually put it down with a good bit of the nub left. It was a good cigar, but the pepper was a bit much for me.

Overall, the cigar was good, but maybe too much pepper at the beginning and end. The burn was decent, but I did have to touch it up at times. That was probably because it was such a large ring gauge, and that it was sitting in the B&M shop which tends to be a little high on humidity.

Sorry for the lack of pics. I'll try to do better on my next review!

maninblack
09-30-2011, 08:25 PM
I love the robusto and torpedo size in these, may need to try one of the bigger ones soon. Thanks for the review.

Newbie_nick
09-30-2011, 08:27 PM
I love the robusto and torpedo size in these, may need to try one of the bigger ones soon. Thanks for the review.

Honestly, it was a bit too big. I should have put the total smoke time on my post, but it was in the 2 1/2 hour range. I just got tired of the pepper toward the end.

Ogre
09-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Great review Nick. I would recommend the robusto, its not as strong on the pepper. IMO