PDA

View Full Version : Daddy needs some help!!

MrClean
09-24-2011, 06:25 PM
My daughter (9th grade) just left to attend her first official high school dance. It's homecoming weekend and she looked so beautiful in her dress and just WAAYY to grown up!

I think I need a beer or six and a stick, daddy isn't going survive the next few years. :(

Drez
09-24-2011, 06:27 PM
My daughter (9th grade) just left to attend her first official high school dance. It's homecoming weekend and she looked so beautiful in her dress and just WAAYY to grown up!

I think I need a beer or six and a stick, daddy isn't going survive the next few years. :(

brother i dont even want to imagine what it will feel like to have a little girl let alone a teenager!!!!

have a few drinks and a smoke!!!!

Ogre
09-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Good luck bro!!! My daughter is 22 and getting married in December and I still worry about her. It doesnt get any easier.

Bill86
09-24-2011, 06:30 PM
I feel sorry for you. Do you need to borrow the AR-15 and shotgun now, or should I wait a few years and bring them by?

I know my uncle went that route he has good luck keeping loaded weapons everywhere. I suggest you try it out.

Devanmc
09-24-2011, 06:46 PM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l89/devanmc436/Untitled-5.png

but yeah idk how i would ever handle having a daughter. I really hope i have boys. If i ever have kids.

forgop
09-24-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm lucky. I won't have to worry about this with my daughters when they get older. ;)

Devanmc
09-24-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm lucky. I won't have to worry about this with my daughters when they get older. ;)

you have daughters, how is this possible?

Bill86
09-24-2011, 06:53 PM

You already have an AR-15 and shotgun? :D

MrClean
09-24-2011, 07:01 PM

I wanted to go the 'chain them in the basement until they're 18' route, but my wife wasn't too fond of that plan.

Bill86
09-24-2011, 07:05 PM
I wanted to go the 'chain them in the basement until they're 18' route, but my wife wasn't too fond of that plan.

Yeah my old man said the same thing but he got 2 sons so no worries. Whatever we do, he's not too concerned. Never has been.

I think you're right though, for whatever it's worth.

:2

Steve
09-24-2011, 07:19 PM
I hear ya brother!

Mine is in 6th grade. Fortunately she would still rather fish with me than hang out with boys, but I know that probably won't last for long.

http://oldchurchbbq.com/sharedpictures/2011-09-18_Fishing%20with%20Boo/2011-09-18_Fishing%20with%20Boo%20005.jpg

My plan is to have a massive and continuous herf when she starts bringing guys around. Snkbyt, Drez, Remo, DPD, Orge, and any other big scary guys with guns. Between that and taking the boy out shark fishing after grinding up chum :D

Devanmc
09-24-2011, 07:22 PM
^ you forgot tom and weapons clearly laying around the house

Steve
09-24-2011, 07:27 PM
:tu:tu

Steve
09-24-2011, 07:31 PM
I also want to make sure they know that there is not much difference between gutting a pig and a little boy

http://oldchurchbbq.com/sharedpictures/St.%20Margaret's%20Hoedown%2010-04-06%20015.jpg

MrClean
09-24-2011, 07:32 PM
We're pretty lucky, she's a good kid. She's committed to getting good grades, not TOO mouthy, and really isn't into boys as much as some of her friends are.

I did get a report from the wife. She saw the boy who was meeting our daughter at the dance, he kind of put his hand on her back, as they were walking in. Kind of a nervous gesture my wife said. He did pay for her ticket, so I have to give him that.

I get to go pick her up, I wonder if I can get a gun rack mounted in my truck window in time? :D

forgop
09-24-2011, 07:32 PM
you have daughters, how is this possible?

Just sarcasm.... ;)

I said this in another thread awhile back, but my daughters will have GPS traceability on their phones. I will have tabs on where they are at all times. I will find out who they will be with and where they are going. Any deviation and this kid is in for a rude awakening.

Met a woman who told me the story about her daughter coming home late from a date and smelling like marijuana. Hubby/dad was afraid to do anything. She drives over to boyfriend's house (at his parents) and knocks on the door at like 2am. Boy comes down and she tells him that if she ever was involved with anything like that with him again, his body would be resting at the bottom of the local reservoir. He knew she meant it and never had another problem. My only difference will be such a discussion will take place before it ever happens a first time.

MrClean
09-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Just sarcasm.... ;)

I said this in another thread awhile back, but my daughters will have GPS traceability on their phones. I will have tabs on where they are at all times. I will find out who they will be with and where they are going. Any deviation and this kid is in for a rude awakening.

Met a woman who told me the story about her daughter coming home late from a date and smelling like marijuana. Hubby/dad was afraid to do anything. She drives over to boyfriend's house (at his parents) and knocks on the door at like 2am. Boy comes down and she tells him that if she ever was involved with anything like that with him again, his body would be resting at the bottom of the local reservoir. He knew she meant it and never had another problem. My only difference will be such a discussion will take place before it ever happens a first time.

:tu

We have GPS on hers. She said it was so we could spy on her, I said 'partly, yes'.

DPD6030
09-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Ahh I hear ya on that. Reminds me of the scene in Bad Boys II when Smith peeks out at Reggie. :r

Ogre
09-24-2011, 07:45 PM
I hear ya brother!

Mine is in 6th grade. Fortunately she would still rather fish with me than hang out with boys, but I know that probably won't last for long.

http://oldchurchbbq.com/sharedpictures/2011-09-18_Fishing%20with%20Boo/2011-09-18_Fishing%20with%20Boo%20005.jpg

My plan is to have a massive and continuous herf when she starts bringing guys around. Snkbyt, Drez, Remo, DPD, Orge, and any other big scary guys with guns. Between that and taking the boy out shark fishing after grinding up chum :D

I thought you said big guys????

Ogre
09-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Just sarcasm.... ;)

Get a shirt made that reads "No man is good enough for my daughter", be cleaning a shotgun when he arrives and tell him you are not afraid to go back to prison for your little girl!!!! Figured that should work!!!

Steve
09-24-2011, 07:50 PM
I thought you said big guys????

I wondered when and who would be the first with that :D

But hey, I figure little hands, big gun!:noon

Ogre
09-24-2011, 07:52 PM
I wondered when and who would be the first with that :D

But hey, I figure little hands, big gun!:noon

A Walter PPK would look big in his hands!!!!!:r

Steve
09-24-2011, 07:53 PM
:lr

Bill86
09-24-2011, 07:56 PM
A Walter PPK would look big in his hands!!!!!:r

:lr

I have a .22 walther he can borrow :r

Aporschaguy
09-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Wow... Have a drink and relax. That's what I'll do when my little girl grows up. She's only 6 but growing sooooo fast.

Devanmc
09-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Just sarcasm.... ;)

tech is great but parents in the 50s didnt have that stuff and my parents and grandparents turned out fine. Unless something happens, i have no plans to put gps tracking on kids and cameras threw then house. Ill just be smarter then them, cuz i already did it all.

ashtonlady
09-24-2011, 09:38 PM
I just taught my daughter that Mom is smarter than she is, and she cant lie to me. I also turned on the GPS on her phone. Only had to use it once. The best thing I did was set the ground rule That I will always tell her what I think of her latest boyfriend. It worked, she is now 22 and dating a guy that both her dad and I think is OK. She is also a great kid with great direction in her life. (keeping fingers crossed)

Shot gun is a good thing to have on hand for the teenage years though.

Resipsa
09-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Just sarcasm.... ;)

Met a woman who told me the story about her daughter coming home late from a date and smelling like marijuana. Hubby/dad was afraid to do anything. She drives over to boyfriend's house (at his parents) and knocks on the door at like 2am. Boy comes down and she tells him that if she ever was involved with anything like that with him again, his body would be resting at the bottom of the local reservoir. He knew she meant it and never had another problem. My only difference will be such a discussion will take place before it ever happens a first time. I wish I could have had you as my dad...

icehog3
09-24-2011, 10:39 PM
I wish I could have had you as my dad...

You wouldn't have become a damned lawyer, that's for gosh-danged sure! :mad:

J0eybb
09-24-2011, 11:11 PM
I told my wife that the boy that picks up my daughters will have to come in, sit down, and clean the blood off of my shotgun. I will then explain that said blood is the last boy my daughter dated.

Boz
09-25-2011, 12:24 AM
Ahh I hear ya on that. Reminds me of the scene in Bad Boys II when Smith peeks out at Reggie. :r

:r I love that scene. Im going to reenact that scene when my 2yo daughter is that age. :lr

AlohaStyle
09-25-2011, 12:30 AM
Just like they say... with a boy you only have one dick to worry about, with a girl you have to worry about all the dicks!?! I have a 3 year old girl with another baby on the way which will probably be a girl knowing my luck. So I feel your pain...

DMK
09-25-2011, 08:02 AM
Get a shirt made that reads "No man is good enough for my daughter", be cleaning a shotgun when he arrives and tell him you are not afraid to go back to prison for your little girl!!!! Figured that should work!!!

:tpd:
Told my oldest's first boy friend something similar...
I got a shovel and a backyard to bury evidence....:r:r

CigarNut
09-25-2011, 08:12 PM
...but my daughters will have GPS traceability on their phones. I will have tabs on where they are at all times. I will find out who they will be with and where they are going. Any deviation and this kid is in for a rude awakening...It seems to me that if you rely only on this kind of behavior -- always looking over their shoulder, making them fear you, etc. that you are missing the whole other side of the equation. Letting them grow up in a nurturing loving environment, learning from their mistakes. I understand wanting to protect your kids, but if the environment is too restrictive then they just learn to hide from you rather than trust you and learn from you.

It's a balance and your kids get the wrong message if you simply keep track of their every move and pry into their every relationship. Everyone needs a little privacy...

Devanmc
09-25-2011, 08:41 PM
It seems to me that if you rely only on this kind of behavior -- always looking over their shoulder, making them fear you, etc. that you are missing the whole other side of the equation. Letting them grow up in a nurturing loving environment, learning from their mistakes. I understand wanting to protect your kids, but if the environment is too restrictive then they just learn to hide from you rather than trust you and learn from you.

It's a balance and your kids get the wrong message if you simply keep track of their every move and pry into their every relationship. Everyone needs a little privacy...

being slightly, so very slightly older, and having some experience on the people in the transfer dorm here in college. I get to see first hand people(kids). who have been protected until now, Doing the CC thing and living at home, But now that mommy isnt here. They just do stupid stuff on a daily basis and will likely get extremely bad grades while making other poor decisions. Its easy to see who has been protected/sheltered.