PDA

View Full Version : Gurkha Crest

alexa071
09-23-2011, 08:33 PM
I bought a 10 pack of these pretty cheap about a month ago and I'm trying one right now for the first time.

I was a bit worried at first because I was getting some kind of cigarette butt flavor right off the bat. As the cigar has progressed, though, and more into the last two-thirds I'm getting some of the SAME flavors I got from the Opus X lost city. It tastes like smoking a chocolate-almond biscotti. I'm PLEASANTLY surprised!

Sorry, this isn't a full review but I just wanted to put it out there that I'm glad I made the purchase and I'm excited to see what these things do with some more aging.

Randy

N2 GOLD
09-23-2011, 09:03 PM
It sounds lke a nice must try stick. Around here folk either love or hate them. I think they have a few good lines but then again I only know what I like... Thanks for the short review... -(P

Skywalker
09-23-2011, 09:12 PM
One of the only Gurkhas I have enjoyed!!!

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2610

alexa071
09-23-2011, 09:24 PM
One of the only Gurkhas I have enjoyed!!!

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2610

Read your review... "nuts and cocoa"... almonds and chocolate perhaps? I was worried I spent too much money on these... gurkhas get lambasted a lot. I REALLY enjoyed these! Glad I'm not the only one...

Like I said... it started out with some really bad cigarette butt flavor. I don't know where that came from but it faded very quickly and I was happy to find that I really liked these.

irratebass
09-23-2011, 09:30 PM
I have been gifted a couple of gurkahas they are resting in my humi for a bit, nut the band alone makes me want to try these great reviews.

Col. Kurtz
09-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Read your review... "nuts and cocoa"... almonds and chocolate perhaps? I was worried I spent too much money on these... gurkhas get lambasted a lot. I REALLY enjoyed these! Glad I'm not the only one...

Like I said... it started out with some really bad cigarette butt flavor. I don't know where that came from but it faded very quickly and I was happy to find that I really liked these.

Sounds awesome. A wise hog once said : Smoke what you like and like what you smoke. :tu

icehog3
09-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Sounds awesome. A wise hog once said : Smoke what you like and like what you smoke. :tu

That guy's a douche bag. ;)

Col. Kurtz
09-23-2011, 09:35 PM

I also heard he's a huge Gurkha fan....
:r:r

jledou
09-23-2011, 09:36 PM

A Douche Bag that LOVES Gurkhas :D

icehog3
09-23-2011, 09:37 PM
I also heard he's a huge Gurkha fan....
:r:r

Never had the Crest though, if it tastes like an OpusX Lost City, maybe I'd like it. :)

N2 GOLD
09-23-2011, 09:38 PM

AGREE, 1000%...:tu Smoke & buy what you like everytime... -(P

alexa071
09-23-2011, 10:14 PM
Never had the Crest though, if it tastes like an OpusX Lost City, maybe I'd like it. :)

Well... I'm telling ya... especially the second third of the Crest... it tasted JUST like an Opus X lost city to me. Maybe not quite as rich but the flavors were absolutely there. I just wish I could figure out where those nasty flavors came from at the beginning. The foot was a bit damaged/crushed so maybe that had something to do with it.

icehog3
09-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Glad you enjoyed it, Randy. :tu

Remo
09-23-2011, 11:12 PM
Gurkha does get bashed, glad you enjoyed it. I have only had one Gurkha (can't remember which) not very good but like Rico said, they have a ton of lines :tu