PDA

View Full Version : Cigar blowing up in Traveldor??

Mattso3000
09-23-2011, 08:39 AM
Had this traveldor for over a year now and keep a Boveda 69 in it for humidification. I have never had a problem with it before, but for some reason the Tat I'm smoking now started to burst. It's only been in the case for 3 weeks, not sure what the problem is as the hygrometer reads 65 constantly... Any suggestions to keep this from happening in the future would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Matt

jesseboston81
09-23-2011, 08:42 AM
Which Tat is it? The la Verite 2008s are prone to wrapper issues at that humidity.

Mattso3000
09-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Tat Verocu #5. Just got done smoking the HdM you sent after work today and noticed this thing cracking on me. Never had a wrapper crack like this.

CigarNut
09-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Sometimes a rapid change in RH will cause a cigar to split. For example going from 65% RH inside your traveldor to 30% (or 90%) RH in the outside air. This effect can be exaggerated when you start smoking the cigar due to the heat.

Mattso3000
09-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Sometimes a rapid change in RH will cause a cigar to split. For example going from 65% RH inside your traveldor to 30% (or 90%) RH in the outside air. This effect can be exaggerated when you start smoking the cigar due to the heat.

RH is very low out today, as I recall when I opened up the box last night to check the selection before going out of town for the weekend everything was fine. I just picked it up and walked outside to grab something as it was sitting in the livingroom. I will have to remember to keep the humi inside on drastically different RH days and just grab a cigar out of the box. Thx.