PDA

View Full Version : CI Slacking?

dwoodward
09-19-2011, 02:43 PM
I ordered some cigars from CI on Wednesday night last week. On friday I called them because my order wasn't shipped yet. They promised it would ship that day. Now its Monday afternoon and it still isn't shipped.

Unless my order gets here like super fast, it looks like I will have to go on my trip WITHOUT any cigars. :(

Just needed to rant... can't believe this.

Bill86
09-19-2011, 02:45 PM
I've mentioned this many times, CI customer service sucks and it's a joke.

They deal with so many customers they dont care, simple as that.

Sorry to hear it though.

lyle23
09-19-2011, 02:58 PM
I had a fiver get crushed during shipping by a box I purchased from CI. Within a couple of days of receiving my original order, I had my replacement sticks. They didn't give me any grief. That was the only problem I've had, to date. Knock on wood. Maybe I got lucky. Best of luck.

irratebass
09-19-2011, 02:59 PM

Sorry to hear it though.

Who do you use Bill unless its your B&M, I have heard good things about Famous Smokes....any witnesses to this?

macsauce13
09-19-2011, 02:59 PM
When is your trip? I guarantee I can get you some cigars by then!! :D

but seriously...

Ogre
09-19-2011, 03:03 PM
I have also had issues with CI customer service. Placed an order, 3 days later contacted them due the the same thing (not shipped). I was told they were out of stock and my order would ship when they get restocked. I cancelled the order and have not purchased from them since.

dwoodward
09-19-2011, 03:14 PM
When is your trip? I guarantee I can get you some cigars by then!! :D

but seriously...

We leave Thursday night. I doubt anyone could rush me some sticks in that amount of time. What bugs me most is that they could come Friday now and be sitting on my doorstep until I am back Monday night.

I have also had issues with CI customer service. Placed an order, 3 days later contacted them due the the same thing (not shipped). I was told they were out of stock and my order would ship when they get restocked. I cancelled the order and have not purchased from them since.

It still shows the Box and Sampler as in-stock, I don't know what is up.

Skywalker
09-19-2011, 03:20 PM
I just order and cigars show up!

I try to not order if I need something right away!

dwoodward
09-19-2011, 03:25 PM
I just order and cigars show up!

I try to not order if I need something right away!

I normally wouldn't either, but usually CI ships within a few hours of all my orders, and it never takes more than 2 or 3 days to get here. If it doesn't ship tonight, I guess I am pretty much boned.

I just can't believe they would tell me Friday morning it was just getting ready to ship out and its now Monday and still hasn't shipped.

Skywalker
09-19-2011, 03:28 PM
I normally wouldn't either, but usually CI ships within a few hours of all my orders, and it never takes more than 2 or 3 days to get here. If it doesn't ship tonight, I guess I am pretty much boned.

I just can't believe they would tell me Friday morning it was just getting ready to ship out and its now Monday and still hasn't shipped.

Sorry for your troubles:(

Because I'm in California, I get my orders in 7 days. If they come earlier, that makes me happy.

I hate ordering on a Friday, because I usually won't get my order until a week from the following Monday.

weak_link
09-19-2011, 03:44 PM
I've never had any issues with CI, I think they are a fantastic business to buy cigars from.

bobarian
09-19-2011, 03:49 PM
I've never had any issues with CI, I think they are a fantastic business to buy cigars from.

:tpd: Never had a problem in five years.

neoflex
09-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Sounds like they may be back ordered and may not be telling you for some odd reason. Their shipping time is usually top notch. If I place an order on a Wednesday I will usually have the order by Friday. Sounds like they may not be showing their cards with this one.:2

loki
09-19-2011, 03:56 PM

Sorry to hear it though.

i doubt it's the volume of customers. i've had the opportunity to talk to starbucks cs 4 or 5 times and never once have I had a bad experience

Bill86
09-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Well then I guess it's just me. I've dealt with a number of vendors and CI is absolutely the worst. Hands down.

Either way I know there are a few more members here who dislike CI maybe they'll chime in and provide a better possible explanation.

kelmac07
09-19-2011, 04:13 PM
When I order from CI...it takes two days and sticks are here. When I ordered the Pvnishers, they took 3 months. Hit and miss with CI. Famous and Holts are lightning fast at getting sticks shipped. :2

longknocker
09-19-2011, 04:53 PM
:tpd: Never had a problem in five years.

Same Here.

WittyUserName
09-19-2011, 05:51 PM
I have been ordering from them for a few years now and the only problem I had was from a recent Cigar Bid purchase. One of the wrappers on an Illusion "888" was cracked. They refunded the price of the stick and all is well.

dwoodward
09-19-2011, 06:19 PM
When I order from CI...it takes two days and sticks are here. When I ordered the Pvnishers, they took 3 months. Hit and miss with CI. Famous and Holts are lightning fast at getting sticks shipped. :2

Thanks for the tip... however I just checked and neither Famous nor Holts has the cigars I purchased.

N2 GOLD
09-19-2011, 06:19 PM
I have been odering from them for about a year now. I have yet to have any problems with them or my orders. Knock on wood... -(P

CasaDooley
09-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Been dealing with CI since 2004, never had a problem. Maybe you could call their CS and if your order hasn't shipped, get them to pay the difference to upgrade to 2 day shipping.:2

thechrisdotcom
09-19-2011, 07:05 PM
I've never had a problem with them.

Hot Stuff x
09-20-2011, 05:58 AM
I've had nothing but great service from CI, CIgar.com, and Cigarbid in the 3 years I've been dealing with them.

weak_link
09-20-2011, 06:45 AM
Even if you do somehow get your cigars from CI before your trip you are going to be annoyed because they will be wet and not smoke well, continuing your dislike for CI. Sounds like it pays to plan ahead next time.
:2

INT
09-20-2011, 06:55 AM
I've been ordering from CI for about a year now. Never had any issues with any order, big or small. Show up in 4 days like clock work

dwoodward
09-20-2011, 07:04 AM
Even if you do somehow get your cigars from CI before your trip you are going to be annoyed because they will be wet and not smoke well, continuing your dislike for CI. Sounds like it pays to plan ahead next time.

Well wish I could have, but I just started a new job after looking for work for over a year. I have no money and ran out of sticks at some point before getting the job. My first paycheck came last week finally so I quickly ordered up some sticks to get me by for a little while. Took my job over a month to get me my first paycheck. Can't believe they are weeks behind on payment cycles. It's kinda dumb, but it pays better than no job.

It's not like I purposely waited last minute. I had no choice.

VirtualSmitty
09-20-2011, 03:44 PM
Well wish I could have, but I just started a new job after looking for work for over a year. I have no money and ran out of sticks at some point before getting the job. My first paycheck came last week finally so I quickly ordered up some sticks to get me by for a little while. Took my job over a month to get me my first paycheck. Can't believe they are weeks behind on payment cycles. It's kinda dumb, but it pays better than no job.

It's not like I purposely waited last minute. I had no choice.

Your priorities are crossed. You should be more upset over your check than an order of cigars. In a way it is your fault for allowing them to slide on your payment for a month. Who does that in this day and age, there is no excuse. And call CI, they have crossed orders on my before and i've always got them to correct it or refund me lighting fast.

deadrise
09-21-2011, 12:43 AM
I use cbid the most and i got spoiled for some time i do weekly shipping and the order is normally shipped Thursday and i get them on Friday. now lately especially holidays my cigars do not ship till Friday and with Monday a holiday i get them Tuesday I make it a point not to order on holiday weeks anymore

dwoodward
09-21-2011, 10:27 AM
In a way it is your fault for allowing them to slide on your payment for a month. Who does that in this day and age, there is no excuse.

How little you know. Before you jump my stuff, just know that I was on them every day for like 2 weeks about my paycheck. I missed bills because of them. They just said sorry and that it's the same for all new employees I had to work 2 full paychecks to get the first one. I dont understand it either, but to be honest this company operates so extremely different than any company I have ever worked for. It's just weird. Some of the guys said they have gotten regular paychecks 1 month behind or longer.

Believe me, I am not happy that they are so messed up with their pay cycles, but its better than not working at all, for now I will just have to deal with it.

Package shipped yesterday finally. UPS says:

Scheduled Delivery:
Thursday, 09/22/2011, By End of Day

I sure hope so.

pnoon
09-21-2011, 10:40 AM
This thread just boggles the mind.
Posted via Mobile Device

schollianmj
09-21-2011, 11:56 AM
newbie here on the forum, but Im just gonna chime in here on my experiances with CI...

I have made many orders from them over about a two year time. A couple times there was a small issue, but they have always made it right for me. Once I got a number of small Tins of baby cigars for a road trip and one of the tins was crushed in the center of the edge. I took a pic of it and called Customer service. they sent me a replacement tin and sent it out with two day shipping for free. and I was told to keep the crushed tin of which I found 3 sticks damaged.

Another time I had ordered a number of singles and they forgot to put in a couple of the sticks I had paid for. I again called customer service and they shipped out the missing sticks and a couple freebie sticks as well to make it right.

Basically i have found that even though they are a big online retailer, they are still human. they will and do make mistakes. i dont get upset about the mistakes, as long as they make it right with me, the customer. as long as you call them and explain what happened and BE CIVIL to them, they have always made it right for me and kept me happy.

just my .02 here....

weak_link
09-21-2011, 04:09 PM
This thread just boggles the mind.
Posted via Mobile Device

It boggles something allright. :r :r

VirtualSmitty
09-21-2011, 05:17 PM
How little you know. Before you jump my stuff, just know that I was on them every day for like 2 weeks about my paycheck. I missed bills because of them. They just said sorry and that it's the same for all new employees I had to work 2 full paychecks to get the first one. I dont understand it either, but to be honest this company operates so extremely different than any company I have ever worked for. It's just weird. Some of the guys said they have gotten regular paychecks 1 month behind or longer.

Believe me, I am not happy that they are so messed up with their pay cycles, but its better than not working at all, for now I will just have to deal with it.

Package shipped yesterday finally. UPS says:

Scheduled Delivery:
Thursday, 09/22/2011, By End of Day

I sure hope so.

I'm not sure I follow everything here. You ran out of money and couldn't buy cigars. You missed bills/payed bills late because you ran out of money and your new employer doesn't know how to cut a check. Your taking a trip after a whole year off from working after one month back in the working world. And then you spend money on cigars when you couldn't pay bills not too long ago. I'm missing the logic here, if I were you I would have called them and cancelled the order altogether and thanked lady luck for helping me resolve a bad lapse in judgement. Especially if others have said they have had the same issue before, that is bad warning sign. You should have taken that money and spent it on getting your resume professionally redone or something, so you can keep looking and find work that can consistently cut a check bi weekly. Or figure out what direct deposit is.

yachties23
09-21-2011, 05:55 PM
In Soviet Russia, Cigars buy you.

bobarian
09-21-2011, 05:59 PM
It boggles something allright. :r :r

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M68GeL8PafE

dwoodward
09-21-2011, 05:59 PM
Never mind. It seems everyone on this board just wants to flame me for actually finding work while this state is at a 15%+ unemployment rate.

Whatever, I wont be posting for awhile.

LasciviousXXX
09-21-2011, 11:33 PM
:confused:

Methinks you just may be a bit sensitive. Everyone was posting their experiences with CI and then VS offers some sound advice and now everyone is flaming you?

Take a deep breath, step back and re-read the thread. :tu

MrClean
09-22-2011, 12:15 AM
I ordered my humi from them, they sent me the wrong one and were pretty quick to get the right one sent out. That was my first experience with them, the second one went much smoother :)

Ratters
09-22-2011, 12:25 AM
Been buying from them and cbid for at least a decade. Only ever had one problem and they fixed it right away. Sorry you had troubles, but I find them to be really rare. And I buy A LOT. :ss

icehog3
09-22-2011, 12:40 AM
I have had nothing but positive experiences with CI. I hope that isn't considered flaming you.

CigarNut
09-22-2011, 08:02 AM
My purchases from CI have been OK. I just wish they would stop sending me paper catalogs in the mail... Same goes for several other sites (Famous, 2 Guys, Thompsons)... Waste of good trees...

I am not flaming anyone except vendors who send me paper catalogs that I don't want or need.

irratebass
09-22-2011, 09:06 AM
My purchases from CI have been OK. I just wish they would stop sending me paper catalogs in the mail... Same goes for several other sites (Famous, 2 Guys, Thompsons)... Waste of good trees...

I am not flaming anyone except vendors who send me paper catalogs that I don't want or need.

I hear your complaint about the trees, but personally I like to receive catalogs because like to circle things in them.......I'm kinda like "RAINMAN" in that sence.

CigarNut
09-22-2011, 09:09 AM
...I like to receive catalogs because like to circle things in them.......I'm kinda like "RAINMAN" in that sence.I can definitely see that in you. :lr

pnoon
09-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Take the mindless banter elsewhere please.
Posted via Mobile Device

BC-Axeman
09-22-2011, 10:32 AM
I have never once bought from CI, yet somehow I get their catalog all the time. I can almost always find a better price somewhere else.

sikk50
09-22-2011, 12:22 PM
When I lived in Chico I could order from CI the same day as Darrell and get my package two days earlier! Now that is customer service! :tu

Melissa
09-22-2011, 07:45 PM
I've never had problems with CI.
Please don't go away angry. Reminds me too much of my last relationship!

Chemyst
09-24-2011, 12:12 AM
Never a problem with CI, in 6 yrs.
No problems with Famous, Atlantic or Holts, either.
I buy from CI and Famous auctions, mostly.

I chose daily shipping, rather than weekly shipping, at CI,
and get my sticks next day, since I live in NJ.

Is "weekly shipping" the CI default?

Chemyst :cool2:

Obsidian
09-27-2011, 07:13 AM
I love CI. They have always been prompt is resolving and issues I've had. My cigars normally come within 2 days but sometimes it takes 3 to 4 days. But that’s why I always have cigars in my humidor for those days that the shipping takes a little longer.

Va La CI Nation -(P

Skywalker
09-27-2011, 08:20 AM
When I lived in Chico I could order from CI the same day as Darrell and get my package two days earlier! Now that is customer service! :tu

My orders are coming faster now... USPS!:noon

Sonic04GT
09-30-2011, 10:09 AM
I jumped on that recent sampler deal with the humidor and 10 cigars. The humidor ended up having a leak and not holding humidity above 63%, with 2 DryMistat tubes. They attempted to help me fix/narrow the issue and then ended up just sending me a brand new one with a return label for the old one the same day. I can't complain!

However, I have had a sampler on backorder for a while now, which I was aware of so no problem there, BUT...I purchased it using my brother's debit card because I had cash I wanted to use and I have no way of depositing cash into my account down here (USAA) so I used my shipping address and his billing address. Well, they ended up shipping it to the billing address instead. Fortunately my brother only lives 5 minutes away but still. Guess I'll have to go get my cigars from him on Monday. At least UPS comes earlier at his house! haha

I am really impressed with Cigar.com also though. Prompt shipping and they ship with a Humi-Care pillow.