PDA

View Full Version : 601 White Labels

whodeeni
09-17-2011, 12:35 PM
Has anyone tried these yet? If so what are your thoughts on them?

scoot
09-20-2011, 07:05 PM
If its not simply a repackaging of the Black, those guys are foolish. The Black was, hands down, the best Connie wrapped cigar around.
Posted via Mobile Device

KidRock
09-20-2011, 07:07 PM
If its not simply a repackaging of the Black, those guys are foolish. The Black was, hands down, the best Connie wrapped cigar around.
Posted via Mobile Device

At the time that cigar came out it was a great connie. However, the EPC Con New Wave blows the black label out of the water.

bigswol2
09-20-2011, 07:08 PM
nope but I like the blue green and la bomba!

scoot
09-20-2011, 07:16 PM
At the time that cigar came out it was a great connie. However, the EPC Con New Wave blows the black label out of the water.

I couldn't speak from experience, but it really all depends on how it stands up to a few years. The thing that makes the Black great is how well it stands up to age. With 3-4 years they are amazing, while most Connie cigars that old are flat and flavorless.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hot Stuff x
09-21-2011, 05:39 AM
I like the old black label....if this white label is the same I'll be okay with that

whodeeni
09-23-2011, 05:55 AM
I like the old black label....if this white label is the same I'll be okay with that

CTFU Les! *lol* :r I read on famous' site that they reblended it!

hank_612
09-30-2011, 07:05 PM
White and black are similar but the black had more punch and the white has a cleaner finish. White labels are outstanding but blacks were legendary.

Ratters
09-30-2011, 07:42 PM
Oh wow, I HATED the black labels. Love the reds, greens and blues are ok. The La Bombas are great. Sticking a box away to see how they are in a few months. They were selling the whites but didn't wanna risk it. :ss

shilala
09-30-2011, 07:42 PM
No love for the reds? When these debut'd, the reds kicked ass over the entire pack. The maduros were bland, the oscuros were mediocre at best, and the blacks were harsh as hell. Once the blacks settled down they were outstanding.
Fast forward two years and the reds were horrible.
Apparently they've got the blues smoking nice now from all the buzz that's surrounds them. I have a couple but haven't had the desire to revisit them. Unless there's a huge improvement, there's nothing I want to revisit. They aren't awful, there's just nothing I wanted from the OR's, and the ship has sailed.
Why they abandoned the black is beyond me, they drew rave reviews, and I even appreciated them and I hate a black pepper finish and don't care for a connecticut wrapper.
FYI, Famous still has some assortment packs (http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+premium+5+cigar+sampler+cigars/item+25987)that have a pair of blacks nestled in there. I know how deep the love runs for those blacks, you guys might want to treat yourselves. :tu