PDA

View Full Version : WTF? Loser weekend

jsnake
09-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Every single college and pro team that I like got spanked this weekend. I feel like football season is over for me and it just started. So tired of supporting losers.

I think I am going to smoke cigars until I pass out. Anyone else feeling down? You are invited to join my pity party.

Mattso3000
09-11-2011, 02:30 PM
First 15 seconds of the Vikings game went okay...not so much right now.

EricF
09-11-2011, 02:31 PM
A lot of surprises for sure in week 1! If this an indication of how the season is gonna be, then there will be a different look come playoff time!!

Mattso3000
09-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Chiefs got worked, too.

EricF
09-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Detroit has a winning record!!!!!! :noon :noon :noon

kelmac07
09-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Chiefs got worked, too.

By my lowly Bills at that. :D :D

larryinlc
09-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Three things that surprised me. The Falcons, Steelers and Cam Newton. Newton looked pretty good. The other two....ahh.:confused:

Larry

jsnake
09-11-2011, 06:25 PM
By my lowly Bills at that. :D :D
The Chiefs are my team. Must be our 26th rebuilding year. For the first time in my life they are advertising season tickets on television. You used to have to spend years on a waiting list to get season tickets. Every game was always a sell out. Now the stadium sits half empty. I think this city is tired of losers and excuses. For the love of all that is good please let this be Haley's last season. The guy is a moron and our team is a bunch of chumps.

Missouri is ranked (or was) and loses to a nobody team.

Iowa loses to worthless Iowa State.

Now I will spend the rest of the season cheering for whoever is playing against Kansas, Nebraska, and Oklahoma.

You can call me a fair weather fan all you want but after a lifetime of supporting losers I am sick of it.

longknocker
09-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Three things that surprised me. The Falcons, Steelers and Cam Newton. Newton looked pretty good. The other two....ahh.:confused:

Larry

Not Surprised About Newton. Like Him Or Not, He's A Superstar! :tu

maninblack
09-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Quit hating on my Cornhuskers!!:DThe Chiefs are my team. Must be our 26th rebuilding year. For the first time in my life they are advertising season tickets on television. You used to have to spend years on a waiting list to get season tickets. Every game was always a sell out. Now the stadium sits half empty. I think this city is tired of losers and excuses. For the love of all that is good please let this be Haley's last season. The guy is a moron and our team is a bunch of chumps.

Missouri is ranked (or was) and loses to a nobody team.

Iowa loses to worthless Iowa State.

Now I will spend the rest of the season cheering for whoever is playing against Kansas, Nebraska, and Oklahoma.

You can call me a fair weather fan all you want but after a lifetime of supporting losers I am sick of it.

jsnake
09-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Quit hating on my Cornhuskers!!:DYou mean them Cornholers? I pretty much live in Lincoln part time. Love it when they lose. Everyone in that town acts like their mothers just passed away when they lose.

Starscream
09-11-2011, 08:29 PM

Larry

I should be bummed b/c we lost, but I'm happy b/c Cam and Steve Smith looked AWESOME!

nofeardiver
09-11-2011, 08:37 PM
FL won but the other side wasn't much of a challenge so cant really brag lol...but a win is a win I guess

CueTheMusic
09-12-2011, 08:24 AM
Iowa State won in one of the most exciting games I've ever seen, and the Packers won a good game as well. My fantasy football team sucked but I still call it a good football week.

jledou
09-12-2011, 08:29 AM
I helped you out on the road to recovery Jake

[QUOTE=jsnake;1405060]The RAIDERS are my NEW team.
Now I will spend the rest of the season cheering for Kansas.
QUOTE]

:D

Blak Smyth
09-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Plenty of room on the Redskins band wagon if you wanna make the leap!:r

Sled Dog
09-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Can't believe the whoopin the Bills put on the Chiefs. Everyone here in Buffalo is still shocked at that game. They looked promising at the end of the season and the starters had a solid preseason but no one was expecting to hang 41 on the board, on the road, at Arrowhead. Did the Chiefs sellout yesterday? It looked like there were some empty seats in the 1st quarter.

CigarSquid
09-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Jaguars won! WOO HOO! Colts got spanked!

09-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Detroit has a winning record!!!!!! :noon :noon :noon

We had the opposite weekend here. I was at the Tiger's game on Sunday, watched them sweep the Twins, again. Went home and watched the Lions beat the Bucs (on DVR). Not to mention Michigan and Michigan State both won, Wolverines in dramatic fashion at the first ever night game at the Big House in front of 114,000+ fans. Hell the Tigers are going to win the division for the first time since 1987, and the Lions had the best offensive outing since Barry Sanders was in uniform.

Not to be calloused, but I'm hoping to extend your misery Sunday 9/18 when your (jsnake's) Chiefs visit Ford Field.

That said, I understand your pain. In 2003 the Tigers lost a AL record tying 119 losses, and the Lions of 2008 broke the record for futility and wen 0-16. They even had to ban Lions jersey sales with the last name Owen and the number 16.

Kneo
09-12-2011, 01:53 PM
I am a huge Iowa Hawkeye fan, but they deserved to lose. ISU played to win. Only reason the score was so close is because ISU's defense isn't very good.

Killian
09-12-2011, 03:49 PM
I am still in disbelief that ND blew that game at the Big House. I absolutely destroyed my DirecTV remote on the last score.
I guess the Bears win yesterday helped a little, but the Irish at 0-2 just has me dumbfounded.