PDA

View Full Version : Anejo 46 - Determining Age

scoot
09-11-2011, 12:46 AM
I just picked up a box of 46s at Holts in northeast Philadelphia. The box came wrapped in cellophane with the original box seal intact. However, upon opening, there was no Humidipak inside and no little water drop sticker on the outside of the box. Now, Vitolas.net (http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?album=35&pos=0) leads me to believe that the Humidipak in the box has been standard practice with the Anejo since 2002. What's the deal?

It seems improbable that these are cigars that are pushing a decade in age as they lack the yellow cellophane that comes with a stick of that age.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Bill86
09-11-2011, 12:50 AM
I do know it is said the older ones have the tobacco color under the band and even on the band. Looking at the bands should be able to give you a slight idea to there age.

Maybe some pictures would help?

scoot
09-11-2011, 01:02 AM
I'll try and get some decent pictures up later. I'm almost certain they're recent production, but the lack of humidipak threw me off a bit.

Dunkel
09-11-2011, 06:52 AM
If you send 1 to me, I will smoke it and give you my best guess as to it's age. ;)

Fordman4ever
09-11-2011, 09:00 AM
If you send 1 to me, I will smoke it and give you my best guess as to it's age. ;)

Yeah, me too. I'm an expert at deciding the age of an Anejo just by smoking it.

alfredo_buscatti
09-11-2011, 09:23 AM
I bought the same cigar a few months back, and to me, they taste like they have age; they also came with mold. But with the great advice I received on this Board, I got 98% of it off just by scraping it with a thumbnail.