PDA

View Full Version : Question on Oliva's

Tetzel
09-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Is there a certain season that certain Oliva cigars are available? I seem to be unable to find them at times.

Emjaysmash
09-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Is there a certain season that certain Oliva cigars are available? I seem to be unable to find them at times.

I dont know of any Oliva cigars that are "seasonal", however it can depend on your B&M and how often they re-order stock.

By the way, why don't you stop buy the New Inmate Section (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7) and post and Introduction about yourself?

RCS44
09-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Oliva is one cigar that is available any time of year. I am not aware of any cigars that are seasonal.

Tetzel
09-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Gotcha, it must be the way the shop close to me orders them then. I like the cloth bands because they look good in my humidor, and they're so tasty!

Emjaysmash
09-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Gotcha, it must be the way the shop close to me orders them then. I like the cloth bands because they look good in my humidor, and they're so tasty!

The cloth bands are no longer made, I believe.

shilala
09-02-2011, 02:01 PM
The cloth bands were discontinued 8 or 10 years ago, that might be why they're a little hard to find at your B&M.

BengalMan
09-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Yes, there are a few "Seasonal" cigars so to speak. The Serie V Maduro is an annual release that takes place in mid-Oct - Early Nov. The next "Seasonal"/Limited release will come around the same time, but on the Studio Tobac side of things. We'll be releasing the Cain F Lancero in tubo 10 packs. If you have any other questions feel free to DM me.

Tetzel
09-02-2011, 04:33 PM
The cloth bands were discontinued 8 or 10 years ago, that might be why they're a little hard to find at your B&M.

Interesting, it makes me wonder if the ones I have been buying were aged, because they still had the cloth bands. It has been about a year since I've purchased one, and it still had a cloth band. I had to go back to my band collection to make sure what I was looking at.

Chainsaw13
09-02-2011, 05:20 PM
If you have any other questions feel free to DM me.

Do I use a 10-sided or 20-sided die for that? :r:r

Can't wait for the lancero's. Mmm.....tasty....

wayner123
09-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Interesting, it makes me wonder if the ones I have been buying were aged, because they still had the cloth bands. It has been about a year since I've purchased one, and it still had a cloth band. I had to go back to my band collection to make sure what I was looking at.

Tell ya what, go back to that B&M and see if they have any more cloth bands. If they do, PM me and I'll happily make sure you get current stock. :D

nofeardiver
09-02-2011, 06:14 PM

Very nice if you can get them buy them up... The rest of the olives are great the Oliva V Tubo was outstanding... I am an Oliva whore so you can ask me as well!

shilala
09-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Here's a pic of the blue silk bands. There's red silk bands, as well. I have one somewhere, but I don't have a pic...

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad96/scottshilala/618df280.jpg

Tetzel
09-03-2011, 06:32 AM
Aye, that's the one. LOVE those!

Emjaysmash
09-03-2011, 10:26 AM
It's the only band that still looks awesome after going through the wash... :r

shilala
09-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Aye, that's the one. LOVE those!
You'd oughta buy every single one if there's any left. They are highly sought after, and should be really reasonable. Absolutely excellent smokes, too.
If you don't want them, I'll take them. :tu

kelmac07
09-03-2011, 10:33 AM
You'd oughta buy every single one if there's any left. They are highly sought after, and should be really reasonable. Absolutely excellent smokes, too.

:tpd: BUY THEM ALL is right!! and NOW!! :D

TBone
09-03-2011, 10:48 AM
:tpd: BUY THEM ALL is right!! and NOW!! :D

And if you don't have room send them to ME....hahahahaha

papajohn67
09-03-2011, 11:40 AM

I toss the cigars and smoke the bands....still can't figure out why everyone raves about them. :noon

RichardW
09-11-2011, 10:12 PM
I toss the cigars and smoke the bands....still can't figure out why everyone raves about them. :noon

:r

nofeardiver
09-12-2011, 08:19 AM
would love to get my hands on some of those would buy the box... in a new york minute...

BC-Axeman
09-13-2011, 01:54 PM
Getting as hard to find and as respected as Guatemalan Zaya rum.

wayner123
09-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Just a FYI, I have done side by side comparison's and feel confident enough to say that the El Cobre bundle cigars are almost the exact same flavor as the old cloth band blues. With a few years on them, I would bet they taste exactly the same.

shilala
09-13-2011, 02:16 PM
Just a FYI, I have done side by side comparison's and feel confident enough to say that the El Cobre bundle cigars are almost the exact same flavor as the old cloth band blues. With a few years on them, I would bet they taste exactly the same.
Wayne, when I smoked my first El Cobre, I said the same thing. I even went so far as to start a :tfrumor that the El Cobre was the same blend as the old O maduro. I've been assured by an Oliva rep that the O maduro blend has never changed, he got that info from up the chain. I don't remotely believe it.
I find no difference whatesoever between the paper band O's and the silk O's. I do find a large difference between the new El Cobre's and the old El Cobre's.
Brother, if you have new El's and want to put this thing to test and comparison review it and stuff, I'll send you a paper blue band an old El Cobre ('08). I don't think I have any more blue silk O's left, or I'd offer that up, too.
Anything in the name of science, right?
PM me, will ya? I'd love to see you do this if you're willing. :tu